Sexual assault allegation

andirect said:
i guarantee nothing will happen. the broncos and police haven't even named the players and won't now that the complaint has been dropped.

let's focus on footy now

well thats kinda true and not true... they have said that hunt, boyd and thaiday were helping with investigations, so if thats not naming them i dont know what is

Coxy said:
Maybe they can just say they're a foreign exchange student and want a discount? :P

LMAO

I had forgotten that.

THORN12 said:
I work at Channel 10. No such thing has been reported at our news desk.

Well email Greg Cary as he reported it at about 11.55am

QUEENSLANDER said:
andirect said:
i guarantee nothing will happen. the broncos and police haven't even named the players and won't now that the complaint has been dropped.

let's focus on footy now

well thats kinda true and not true... they have said that hunt, boyd and thaiday were helping with investigations, so if thats not naming them i dont know what is

are you sure about that? the media have named them, but from all reports the police and broncos haven't confirmed or named anyone.

Coxy said:
Rock: we need a wrist movement emoticon, very appropriate for all those that are now going to come in and say the guys shouldn't face any sanction from the Broncos.

image.gif

if the complaint is dropped then you'd expect Cullen would at least front the cameras. His line has been he would front when the police investigation is complete. IMO this now makes it likely the players will be dropped. The complaint has been withdrawn, the names are out in the public so dropping them is a little easier. That's assuming the complaint HAS been withdrawn.

Steve said:
if the complaint is dropped then you'd expect Cullen would at least front the cameras. His line has been he would front when the police investigation is complete. IMO this now makes it likely the players will be dropped. The complaint has been withdrawn, the names are out in the public so dropping them is a little easier. That's assuming the complaint HAS been withdrawn.

My bet would be Cullen's next move is to say the Broncos' internal investigation is continuing.

Hmm I wonder what made her drop the complaint?

I wonder if it was the fact she was just scared the footage would be leaked out onto youtube?

There was probably an agreement to the phone owner and the girl, that if the footage was deleted she would drop the charge.

That just my theory anyway.

If this is true, this makes me so angry!

It should be a crime to make a false claim and then withdraw it!

Drag the 3 players names though the mud and then go "oh dont worry about about it" pathetic!

broncos85 said:

Drag the 3 players names though the mud and then go "oh dont worry about about it" pathetic!

Agreed. She was basically ashamed of herself so decided to take her own frustrations out on 3 individuals that did not deserve to have their names tarnished in this fashion.

broncos85 said:

Just because the claim was withdrawn doesn't mean anything illegal never happened. This sort of thing happens all the time.

Quite possibly on examination of the phones that the police apparently seized, no video footage was found and so they would've told her there's no case. That she would be better to drop the complaint as that was the only possible cause for charge there would be.

No idea, and again, not really worth speculating.

I'm sure she regrets this ever happened, and the players better too.

If the reports are true, i'm glad that they are in the clear. Not necessarily for them personally, but primarily for the Broncos, and of course Wayne, Darren and Tonie.

This takes the edge of the situation as criminal charges are factored out, but it most certainly does not eliminate concerns and dissapointment as to why we are at this point in the first place. The fact that despite warnings, and just plain common sense, these players have risked so much for them personally and others. They put a proud brand and a proud group of people under a negative media spotlight that may have - and still could have - a serious impact.

I'd hope at the very least that there is some serious inhouse disciplinary action taken, that stricter guidlines come in to place to protect both the club and the players welfare, and that lessons are learned and we can rest assured that we won't be placed in this situation again. I have faith that the club will make the right decsions.

As has already been mentioned in this thread countless times, these 3 owe everyone concerned a top shelf performance on the weekend. They've let a lot of good people down and picked an incredibly awful time to do it. That still makes my blood boil to a degree.

Hopefully now we can make positive progress towards this weekends match.

The Rock said:
There could be heaps of reason:

1) It wasn't true and a complete lie and she was scared the police would end up charging for her false allegations
2) Didn't want the stress of having to deal with the drama
3) Thought that she didn't have enough evidence to prove them wrong, therefore didn't want the hassle of it all.

and heaps more reasons.

That's exactly what I thought aswell, when I read that she originally cried raped.

Then it was reported that she said it was all consensual until the phone came out, she didn't wanted to be filmed.

Agree JW. And whatever actions are taken in house it's going to be important for the Broncos to make that public to appease the members, the government (who are also sponsors) and so on.

But I suggest they'll leave that until after the Broncos season ends...whenever that may be.

FFS

Media are saying they got it wrong.

It was something about the Greg Bird case not the Broncos.

email sent to Greg Cary. lol

LOLOL! Gotta love the media :P

Actually, if the Greg Bird charges are dropped that's HUGELY worse.

Anyways, as Coxy says, no need to speculate until further information comes out.

I am just glad these guys are in the clear and now can concentrate on the big game on the weekend.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Hurrijo
  • Cavalo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.