Sexual assault allegation

Again from AAP:

Forward Ben Hannant fronted the media but did not wish to talk about the drama.
"I don't know anything about it. I just rocked up to training so I am just focusing on this week of football and the rest of the stuff will sort itselfout," he told reporters.
"The way we have come in this week is focusing on the Melbourne Storm and doing our best to get everything right so we can be 100 per cent come game day."
Players and witnesses at the Brisbane nightclub are expected to be interviewed by police later today.
Police have set up a crime scene at the club and seized footage from security cameras.
A sexual assault examination was also conducted on the woman on Saturday evening, The Australian reported.
It's expected to take several days before police make a decision on whether to press charges.

Sounds like it may be drawn out longer than we were hoping...

If they're given enough info to say for certain they'd breached the code of conduct I'd say they'd be terminated let alone stood down.

Hard to comment unless we know the details of the code of conduct.

i would say not being drunk idiots in public might be somewhere in there. anything that's going to have a negative effect on the club would be my guess.

not good news if it is who i have just been told by a reliable source. 4 of our key personnel.

If you where going to sack players for getting drunk and being idiots there'd be no players left in the NRL.

Except for maybe Folou!

i know this may be a little naive but i just hope that whatever happens true or false that we keep our reputation as a club.

if its going to be drawn out for a few days i hope WB has as many players he has to train in different positions just in case something has to happen. I wouldnt want to hear a Taylor or Robinson or Watkins etc etc etc had to come into the team a day before the game.

The Rock said:
Prediction: The woman won't be able to prove that she was sexually assaulted and the case will get thrown out.

most probably. i hope the broncos still let us know who it was. i dont know if i could still watch them play

What is the legal definion of sexual assault? I've had a few drunks in my time try and do fairly nasty things to me in night-clubs/concerts, you just need to get yourself away from them and back amongst your friends, let them know what's going on and get the hell out of there if necessary...it is scary but you gotta sort of expect attention when you're a young drunk female flirting with blokes.

The Rock said:
Prediction: The woman won't be able to prove that she was sexually assaulted and the case will get thrown out.

Possible. But will the allegation alone cause enough bad press for the club that it forces them to cut the players adrift to save the integrity of the brand?

The Rock said:
Yeah but our season will be fucked probably.

I'd imagine it would be difficult to focus on this weekends game with all this shit flying around, and that's the BEST outcome we could have...

I guess on a small positive note, it would give some of our under 20's the chance to step up.

Coxy said:
The Rock said:

Possible. But will the allegation alone cause enough bad press for the club that it forces them to cut the players adrift to save the integrity of the brand?
Surely if nothing has been proven then the players must be assumed as innocent and could sue the club if dismissed?

4BC reports the woman has just made an official complaint to police. Now the investigation begins...

Scotty said:
Coxy said:
The Rock said:

Surely if nothing has been proven then the players must be assumed as innocent and could sue the club if dismissed?

but they may have breached club policy so club is entitled to sack them, even if they prove to be innocent

So, are those three players named on the Courier website the same players some of you guys have heard about?

I'm going to draw this obvious (and unfounded) comparison because we know nothing concrete as of yet. But in 2004 the Bulldogs won the premiership. This comment is directed at those who might see it as a blessing in disguise.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • mystico
  • broncoscope
  • Maddy
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Skyblues87
  • Strop
  • Skathen
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.