Sexual assault allegation

F**k me I can't beleive how many ppl here think this is normal behaviour, totally acceptable, who think they don't have a problem with it.

How about if you were talking with your mum about this and she says I agree, I used to blow 3 blokes in the toilets at my club as often as I could. Geez mum you say you were really ahead of your time.

How about your wife, wife to be or girlfriend, No problem darling I perfectly understand where you are coming from, who wouldn't want to have sex with multiple partners in a toilet, I love you even more now I know this.

What about your 17 year old daughter, geez dad I can't wait till I can go to night clubs it sounds like a great time, Oh you'll have a great time sweetie, but don't stop at 3 you know there are 17 players in every NRL side there is absolutely nothing wrong with that after all you are just a healthy teenager looking for fun.

Would you have a problem with any of the above. ? If you do then its not acceptable is it. If its normal behaviour and you have no problem with it then you have to be able to accept it from every perspective.

briareos said:
Jeanette said:
So people are going to be fine explaining to their kids and grandma that it's natural to gang bang a girl in a pub toilet and video tape it? That someone like Hunt is fine to be future captain of the Broncos?

It's up the parents to enforce morals not the club.

I have argued the same case in the past, but the simple reality is that professional athletes of the most respected sporting team in Queensland are role models for our young ones, whether they like it or not.

briareos said:
Jeanette said:
So people are going to be fine explaining to their kids and grandma that it's natural to gang bang a girl in a pub toilet and video tape it? That someone like Hunt is fine to be future captain of the Broncos?

Yes, and they may do this by not taking their kids to games?
You may not have a problem with it, but there are people here, in this thread right here, who are not happy with their beviour, even if it was technically not illegal.

The Broncos are going to have to do major PR magic to successfully manage this incident in the minds of ALL fans.

Dexter said:
F**k me I can't beleive how many ppl here think this is normal behaviour, totally acceptable, who think they don't have a problem with it.

How about if you were talking with your mum about this and she says I agree, I used to blow 3 blokes in the toilets at my club as often as I could. Geez mum you say you were really ahead of your time.

How about your wife, wife to be or girlfriend, No problem darling I perfectly understand where you are coming from, who wouldn't want to have sex with multiple partners in a toilet, I love you even more now I know this.

What about your 17 year old daughter, geez dad I can't wait till I can go to night clubs it sounds like a great time, Oh you'll have a great time sweetie, but don't stop at 3 you know there are 17 players in every NRL side there is absolutely nothing wrong with that after all you are just a healthy teenager looking for fun.

Would you have a problem with any of the above. ? If you do then its not acceptable is it. If its normal behaviour and you have no problem with it then you have to be able to accept it from every perspective.

I could counteract all that by simply stating;

Gee your life mut be bland. The girl consents...what's the problem?

You don't own your mother/daughter/girlfriend/wife....so how can you change their PERSONAL decsion to commit said act? Of cours a girl who does this isn't "marriage material" and hell, obviously the guys that do it aren't either. i think the knee jerk reaction on here is moreso because peoples idols have proven human.

You my friend, are forcing your values on others.

^ He is a demographic of Broncos fans. That is his opinion. He can choose not to spend money on the Broncos in the future.

Some companies stop their tv advertising in sexual tv programs because they realise that this will alienate a demographic of consumers who buy their product.

Jeanette said:
The Broncos are going to have to do major PR magic to successfully manage this incident in the minds of ALL fans.

Not for this fan. nd I know quite a few mates from work who feel the same way. In fact, I think I speak for as much % of fans as you do Jeanette.

They are adults. The girl was an adult.

Who am I to enforce my values on them?

I don't buy the entire "how do we explain this to the children" part at all. There is no crime here (other than the alleged unauthorised filming).

I second just about every one of Hammo's notions. Wow there are some knieve forumites out there!

^

But your mates and co-workers are the same demographic as you - young liberal male?

In marketing you are a generalised demographic.....

Jeanette said:
^ He is a demographic of Broncos fans. That is his opinion. He can choose not to spend money on the Broncos in the future.

I'm a demographic of Broncos fans as well.

I understand your point, however this isn't a crime. This is about values....of which everyone's is different.

Remember that skanky girl at school that did all the boys? Remember how some judged her, some didn't?

Jebadude said:
briareos said:
Jeanette said:

I have argued the same case in the past, but the simple reality is that professional athletes of the most respected sporting team in Queensland are role models for our young ones, whether they like it or not.

I somewhat agree, but don't believe the pessure of being a role model should impact their lives so much that they can't have fun.

And we are not to judge what is fun.

You are not thinking in terms of Business logic and marketing, you are thinking in terms of your own morals.

Every demographic spends money on the Broncs. You have stated that you don't care, but what about the ones who do and think about not spending money on them because of this incident, or how the Broncs react to this incident.

Jeanette said:
^

But your mates and co-workers are the same demographic as you - young liberal male?

In marketing you are a generalised demographic.....

LOL, I apologise for all the quoting, I feel we are playing "forum tennis."

Jeanette, I understand your point and I think you have a valued opinion. Some sponsers will be concerned about this.

But the realist side of me screams; this was consensual, this was in an adult medium. However(and I'm trying to not draw parrallells with other sporting scandals), this has been blown far out of proportion.

I feel so sorry for Locky he must be shattered this has happened so close to such a huge game. He always has said that the younger players don't appreciate what the Broncos mean to people , and he must be feeling it now . Can't believe they were that stupid , why they hell weren't they tucked up in bed like Tunza would have been ?

wouldn't a guy want 3 girls and him not 3 dudes and a girl?? I see where you are coming from hammo but it is still disappointing that the future captain of the club would do that in public. They could have easily taken the girl home with them.

kymbo said:
I feel so sorry for Locky he must be shattered this has happened so close to such a huge game. He always has said that the younger players don't appreciate what the Broncos mean to people , and he must be feeling it now . Can't believe they were that stupid , why they hell weren't they tucked up in bed like Tunza would have been ?

Cause they are 20 and are living life as most 20 yr olds do - Tunza is old and married?

Jeanette said:
Yes, and they may do this by not taking their kids to games?
You may not have a problem with it, but there are people here, in this thread right here, who are not happy with their beviour, even if it was technically not illegal.

That is their right.

Why should these guys have their contracts ripped up or be stood down because of moral outrage? If they breached provisions of their contract or committed a crime then sack them but the only thing they are guilty of (so far) is being young dumb men.

Jebadude said:

Sorry jeb but that attitude has always pissed me off, I know the kids look up the athletes but the parents should be the only ones teaching kids morals. If they end up thinking that it's okay to gang bang a chick in the loo and film it, that is the parents failure not the players.

Hammo, you probably read my comment in the other thread which states that the two things I have a problem with is 1) that they were disrespectful to their teamates and 2) they were disrespectful to females by filming it without her consent.

My own opinion on this, as someone in the older, female, RL supporter demographic, is that video taping without consent is extremely disrespectful to women. That is my opinion. Today I am a bit pissed off about it, but in a few days I'll probably be OK. I want to see something along the lines of counselling or public service to demonstrate those players/the team are respectful to females in our community....

The other argument I am putting forward here is that of how the club would think about it. They need to think about all demographics of Broncos supporters, their sponsors and their player roster.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • mitch222
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • maddo
  • Robboi_321
  • Bish
  • Fozz
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Kev_Guz
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.