Sexual assault allegation

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Whether illegal or not, we have every right to say what a bunch of players did was stupid and irresponsible.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Never said anywhere that she or any of the Broncs are bad ppl, simply that I am struggling with how many ppl think this is normal behaviour.

I think a lot of posters have the same attitude as you, its all right for you to do it but you wouldn't want to marry someone who did.

L

last|soldier

NYC Player
Mar 6, 2008
The word is that teh big D is really pissed and is going to smash it up aye.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo, no offence, but you're an absolute idiot if you believe all that. If you can't see that footballers and public identities don't HAVE TO live by different rules you're the one in fantasy land.

And yeah, it would be slander if I didn't know it's true ;-) I know you'd LOVE some sloppy seconds :P

Judging people by moral standards isn't fascist, it's called standards of society. In 2008 you can say bugger shit and fark and most people won't bat an eyelid. You can sleep around, get arrested, get divorced, have kids out of wedlock and people are like meh. Hell, people don't even have to respect authority these days do they (not that you ever complain about Gen Y and their idiocy and lack of respect...no, never)

But I don't think we're at the point just yet where public gang bangs in a toilet filmed on a mobile phone is something we can just go "oh dear, boys will be boys".

Probably not far off it, I reckon 20 years that'll be pretty tame. But we live by the standards and expectations of 2008. And that, ultimately, is what these guys are being judged on.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
No one is saying you don't. However, we too have a right to say we think it is being blown out of proportion.

To schmix; I totally understand and agree with what you say; which is why I'm MORE disappointed with WB and the senior playing group for NOT having a no booze pact in place. I come from a regimented background myself, the thought that they were given the option beweilders me. If it is important, why didn't they say, there is no booze, not a vote FFS!

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
I don't buy the entire "how do we explain this to the children" part at all. There is no crime here (other than the alleged unauthorised filming).

Hammo in one breath you are telling others not to enforce their views onto you and others yet you then go and set your views onto everyone......this is all about peoples views and people view things differently and we can all have a view it is just that there are many differing views that depend on many different things ie sex, age, religion etc.

On your above statement if you had kids you might have an idea mate. I have just had to set my 7yo and 9yo down and explain to them what has happened and why there is a chance the 3 might not be playing but if they do play there is a chance they will get booed or yelled at by people in the crowd blah blah blah. I have done it now as they read the papers, watch the news and will be at the game and wonder what is going on.

Both my boys are naive to what sex is all about and luckily I haven't had to have the birds story to them yet. I explained it to them as best as I could without going into the full sex details and they certainly had plenty of questions.

Yes there may not be a crime (yet) but that is not how i want my boys bought up thinking that they can do things like this in public and get away with it, that it is acceptable behaviour, that when / if someone says no you don't need to stop, that the team comes first and they have let their team, team mates and fans down.

Yes we all have an opinion and most will differ in some way, but we should respect the views of others even if we strongly disagree with what they say.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Dexter said:
Never said anywhere that she or any of the Broncs are bad ppl, simply that I am struggling with how many ppl think this is normal behaviour.

I think a lot of posters have the same attitude as you, its all right for you to do it but you wouldn't want to marry someone who did.

Complexing isn't it? Yet go out to any nightclub on Thursday, Friday or Saturday and you will see the type of behaviour everywhere. The reality is, it isn't just footy players that act like this.

S

Scotty Macpherson

Sep 7, 2008
last|soldier said:
The word is that teh big D is really pissed and is going to smash it up aye.

Great that's all we need, old Locky is pissed now as well, and him of all people! [icon_razz1

L

last|soldier

NYC Player
Mar 6, 2008
Scotty Macpherson said:
[quote="last|soldier":te1i8bo3]The word is that teh big D is really pissed and is going to smash it up aye.

Great that's all we need, old Locky is pissed now as well, and him of all people! [icon_razz1[/quote:te1i8bo3]

Sorry I meant smash the opposition in half.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Well said Russo. And agreed Hammo, you're getting a bit tedious with your arguments mate. Saying stuff like "I LOL at people who think...", that's not the way to discuss something mate. I thought you'd realise that for sure. I know you've seen and experienced a lot in your life mate but doesn't make your opinion more valid than anyone else's.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
Dexter said:

Complexing isn't it? Yet go out to any nightclub on Thursday, Friday or Saturday and you will see the type of behaviour everywhere. The reality is, it isn't just footy players that act like this.

You're a fucking idiot [icon_lol1. No, it's not just footy players...but FOOTY PLAYERS CAN'T DO IT!!! Get the picture? They have a RESPONSIBILITY most of us don't have. Frankly I think it should extent to other professions, particularly those defending our national security, but then half your buddies would be unemployed wouldn't they?

Footballers can not live by the same rules as "mere mortals", because they don't live the lives of "mere mortals". So when they **** up they need to be punished - whether that's sacking, fines, or being treated like a kid (or a mindless military moron) and being grounded.

L

last|soldier

NYC Player
Mar 6, 2008
It's been said but spare a thought for WB which could conceivably be his last week at the club after 21 years.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:
Dexter said:

But this is what you aren't understanding - your average joe has no responsibility to uphold when he's out on the drink. I go out in the Valley heaps and see a lot of shit go down, who cares? Not me. And most don't. But when it's somebody in the public eye it is a problem whether its normal behaviour or not.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Russo said:
Hammo said:
I don't buy the entire "how do we explain this to the children" part at all. There is no crime here (other than the alleged unauthorised filming).

Hammo in one breath you are telling others not to enforce their views onto you and others yet you then go and set your views onto everyone

That is true and I apoligise....I just feel there is only one view being put forth (from the usual suspects)....to burn the players at the stake. I don't buy it personally.

On the kids thing mate, yes I don't have kids. However I just don't see this as damaging the image of the club as much as you guys says. I mean, the reality is, in admist the biggest sledge the club has had in recent memory, Lang Park has near sold out. I guess that in itself has to send a message?

@Coxy, no fantsay land mate, and you clearly have skim read the last 3 pages. I don't condone what the players did, I have already stated MANY times that I understand it tarnishes the clubs rep. and no doubt it has affected the semi finals preparation this week.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
last|soldier said:
It's been said but spare a thought for WB which could conceivably be his last week at the club after 21 years.

What would be interesting LS is what would WB be doing if he was staying at the club, whilst I know he cares about what happens as he cares for the individual, somehow I don't think he has much of a say in what will happen it will all be down to Bruno and to a degree Ivan who decide as this is really more about the future.

Coxy on a side note calm down big fellow, even though I agree with many of your views, we can all have an opinion just some we won't agree with [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So why do you keep defending them? That's all it comes down to. If they don't put in MOTM performances on Saturday night, if they make so much as one mistake, they can go jump IMO. They've put the club in an unenviable position, an impossible position, and must pay for it. Big time.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I'm actaully a little offended Russo (by Coxy's post)

I wonder if he wasn't Coxy, would he be warned? I mean, he has basically verbally abused and bullied me, when all I have done is try to argue my point of view....

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.