Sharks v Storm - Pre/post game thread

Re: Sharks v Storm - Pre game thread

Gallen did SFA tonight he deserves a club to the head not a lollipop

17107.jpg

Beads6 said:
Gallen did SFA tonight he deserves a club to the head not a lollipop

Not a bit of wonder he did SFA, he was carrying too many Free Passes.

Not sure they choked but that was probably their best shot at a title in a long time/for a long time.

I can't believe that it has been so long since Cronulla has had anything like this and they are one game away from the GF and the crowd was a poor 25 thousand...apparently. It's true that shire people don't go outside the bubble...

I thought Melb was very sloppy tonight, although better then what they played last week.

I dunno if manly are tough enough to beat the Storm to be honest. The warriors seem to have the muscle needed to dominate the storm to stay on top.

The Rock said:
Scotty said:
I dunno if manly are tough enough to beat the Storm to be honest. The warriors seem to have the muscle needed to dominate the storm to stay on top.

The storm forward pack won't be as effective as it has been in past Grand Finals, so Manly should not have a problem IMO. Also, there's so much emphasis on the Storm's tackling technique, I reckon it'll throw them off their game a tad.

Very true... but I have a feeling that Manly are more likely to choke than the Warriors. NZ will be a bit more confident going into it IMO. Manly probably have a bit of a complex about Melbourne now.

The Rock said:
Whoever wins tomorrow night's game will win the comp IMO.

The Storm will find it hard to win the GF. Either the Warriors or Manly will have too much good momentum and strike power to beat Melbourne.

Careful. Don't underestimate them. I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all. I'm amazed how many ppl are saying they can't win it. Yeah right.

1v8 GF would make history, rather than 1v2 GF repeats from last year again.
However, I would rest much easier with Manly versing the Storm, I thinkt he Storm will blow the warriors out of the park 20+ im serious.

Warriors to beat Manly..........especially if they keep playing the way they have been past end of season weeks
Be a great GF with Storm and Warriors.
Storm are sheer class. Love em or hate them you can't take away the fact they are a brilliant side.

Absolutly disgraceful performance from the Sharks. They had two teams in the previous week showing them how to beat the Storm but obviously they deleted those games from the IQ. No matter how well the Storm played, Sharks fully choked.

Full props to the grapplers though, they were excellent. They are well drilled, great defensive unit.

Last nights game just proves how sod ordinary most of the others sides in the comp are with the exception of us and the warriors who have proven they can lift into the finals.

On another note did anyone notice how the commentary team were highlighting every little thing the Storm did. It was like they were trying to make sure they got a charge out of the game.
If a Storm player reacted to a late challenge like Taulapapa did they would have got at least 10 mins

ABC radio was worse.
White is on report. No case to answer imo.
Personally think Archer had a bad game

White should be suspended. he has a bad record and will be suspended for a few weeks

IMO, Manly or the Warriors will blow a Smith-less Storm off the park.

I have real doubts of Warriors ability to topple Manly tonight, which will see us with a broing GF, between an incomplete Storm and Manly.

Manly by 13+.

If, by miracle, the Warriors manage to make us all happy and win tonight, we will see a real pack v. pack GF. Something that hasn't been seen for awhile.

Warriors by 6+

Either way, Storm aren't winning this year.

P.S. This is the end of the Storm stranglehold on the competition. They will lose next weekend and minus Falou, Crocker, J. Smith next season; the dominance will start to slow. Storm will still be a top 5 team, but no where near as dominant as they have been last 3 seasons.

Then in 2010 more depart. By 2011, the entire current pack has left; leaving a miserable Slater, Inglis and Cronk. They will want out, behind no go-forward and Storm will be fully wounded by the Salary Cap monster, that we all have to burden. The circle has turned in one grapple on Thaiday.

Cam Smith (if not already) will see this and will sign elsewhere for 2010. Pray that it is with Broncos.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RodF
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • marw
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.