Sharks v Storm - Pre/post game thread

I dunno Hammo, after last night's performance I think Cooper Cronk lifted another gear, I htink if they can give him time to do his thing, he can lead Storm back to back.

Personally, I think after watching last night's game that Cronk would have been a bigger loss than Smith.

Je$ter said:
I dunno Hammo, after last night's performance I think Cooper Cronk lifted another gear, I htink if they can give him time to do his thing, he can lead Storm back to back.

Personally, I think after watching last night's game that Cronk would have been a bigger loss than Smith.

I know one thing mate, Cronk stood up as the 3rd best half in the NRl last night. He is unfortunate that QLD have JT and Prince, but when Locky retires, he will always be pushing for that half spot. Many people think he's one (of the supposedly many) Storm players who are "made" by those around him, however he showed last night, he IS the one that makes the Slaters, Inglis, Falou, etc. look good week in-week out.

Manu, Lima, Cronk, J. Smith; these are the players that make Storm who they are. Sure they have the big guns, but these other guys would demand much $$$ in any other club. This Storm side will be teared apart by $$$ in the next 2 seasons.

Who wouldn't want a Lima or Manu in their pack?

I was talking up the Sharks all night, and then when Cronk made the break I was cheering and ended up supporting melbourne. Just couldn't support a NSW team I guess.

I've always bagged the crap out of Cronk, but man he totally impressed me - I always thought he was made to look good by Cam Smith! I Especially loved his zip it captaincy on Quinn. Cronk has gainedeth my respecteth.

Interesting comment on Cronk last week, they said he was faster than Slater over 10 - 15 mtrs.

Impressed the hell out of me last night with his control of the game and his maturity with the captaincy duties.

Dexter said:
Interesting comment on Cronk last week, they said he was faster than Slater over 10 - 15 mtrs.

Impressed the hell out of me last night with his control of the game and his maturity with the captaincy duties.

They said over 40 metres ;) impressive, he was awesome last night.

Playboy Bunny said:
I can't believe that it has been so long since Cronulla has had anything like this and they are one game away from the GF and the crowd was a poor 25 thousand...apparently. It's true that shire people don't go outside the bubble...

They don't attend games IN the bubble. The Sharks don't have a supporter base.

They should be the first sydney team cut.

Agreed, Kick the sharks out ASAP.

The fact the crowd was 26k for a GF qualifier says enough.

Taulapapa must've intercepted the free pass.

What a clock on Quinn, couldn't have done it better myself.

mrslong said:

Did that just glance Quinn? I wish he caught him flush and floored him, HATE QUINN!!

fenomeno said:
mrslong said:

Did that just glance Quinn? I wish he caught him flush and floored him, HATE QUINN!!
He was bleeding under the eye icon_thumbs_u

I can't believe the lack of talk about Brett White's disgraceful forearm/elbow to Ben Ross's face as he was on the ground. White has to cop 7 weeks for that, at LEAST. One of the cheapest shots I've seen, makes Cam Smith's attempts to deliberately strangle and paralyse Sam Thaiday look soft!

It was a deliberate attempt to smash Ross in the face on the way down. Absolutely intentional.

Gorden Tallis copped 2 or 3 weeks for a much more docile incident in 2001 on Steve Simpson (who cried about it to the media). White must be rubbed out for the GF and the entire world cup (lol, like any nation would pick that fat sack of soft shit).

Craig Bellamy's rant worked?

I thought there was nothing in the tackle though, although it was deliberate it only ended up that way.

This will be no surprise to most of you but I thought he should have copped something for it as well.

Farking disgrace! The match review committee have given into the Storm's whinging!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

MELBOURNE prop Brett White is free to play in the NRL grand final on Sunday night after being cleared of elbowing Cronulla's Ben Ross during the first preliminary final.

White was put on report for the incident, and faced the prospect of missing the grand final against Manly if charged.

But the Storm confirmed the NRL had found White had no case to answer and would be free to play.

Nothing in Whites forearm. He made impact, got his arm in that position because he was bracing, but then fell and the forearm landed on Ross.

There wasn't any force behind it.

I'll be surprised if he gets anything from it.

Duh, "But the Storm confirmed the NRL had found White had no case to answer and would be free to play. "

That's what I'm complaining about. I don't buy it. As he was falling, he looked straight at Ben Ross's face and then forced his forearm into it. It wasn't a "bracing" action...that's LOLZ.

White's a thug and should be rubbed out of the game.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.