Sharks Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
I wouldn't hang Hunt out to dry just yet. The forwards have been manhandled all night and just not setting him a platform to get into a rhythm and then due to the conditions embarassing errors are creeping in.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Anyone want to try out for first grade.

We can't do much worse than what we are seeing.

Forwards have been cr@p tonight.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Twiztid said:
I wouldn't hang Hunt out to dry just yet. The forwards have been manhandled all night and just not setting him a platform to get into a rhythm and then due to the conditions embarassing errors are creeping in.

If anyone writes off Hunt after one game in first grade, they know nothing about rugby league.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Weak as piss from Yow Yeh. Don't let it become a habit.

Unfortunately it has already been a habit of his for a while now.

Going to say it, a lot of these young players have a lot of attacking potential but can't read the play for shit. I wouldn't even know how you would teach them.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
If anyone writes off Hunt after one game in first grade, they know nothing about rugby league.

After tonights game he may not get another chance. [icon_confu

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
If I performed this crap at my job, I would get the sack.

Can't believe the hide of some of these players come contract time.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Well next time their contracts are up, show them this game.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Unlucky for Nick Kenny, he deserves a try.

bent

bent

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Burg said:
bent said:
....at least hunt looks like the real deal. Despite the rookie mistakes. Its looks like a dewy night not good conditions to debut as a halfback. Between Mccollough and him they show a lot of genuine promise.

You have got to be kidding? What game are you watching? I rate Hunts game as possibly the worst debut for the Broncos, ever. He has made countless mistakes, mostly poor options in attack, dropped balls, missed tackles and and his kicking, OMG has just been awful at best. Tell me what I have missed?

I acknowledged the mistakes. He is playing with no confidence. Have you ever played a football game where you started out by making a few bad mistakes in a row? Its near impossible to recover from. He still has had some nice touches, what about the measured kick for the restart he got from 40 out? Im just talking about his potential, i think he has a cool head, which is what a good playmaker needs. Its the same thing I saw in boyd when he was starting out, talked about it on here, half of you said he was useless. Well now he's playing origin.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncosil said:
F*** me Kenny, one job and you can't do it.

Sorry, what? You are talking shit.

Nick Kenny is a prop FFS, he's done very well to get to that kick and put in such an effort at this point of the game where most of our team has gone missing.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not writing off Hunt's future, but this is undoubtedly a terrible terrible performance from him.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
bent said:
Burg said:
bent said:
....at least hunt looks like the real deal. Despite the rookie mistakes. Its looks like a dewy night not good conditions to debut as a halfback. Between Mccollough and him they show a lot of genuine promise.

You have got to be kidding? What game are you watching? I rate Hunts game as possibly the worst debut for the Broncos, ever. He has made countless mistakes, mostly poor options in attack, dropped balls, missed tackles and and his kicking, OMG has just been awful at best. Tell me what I have missed?

I acknowledged the mistakes. He is playing with no confidence. Have you ever played a football game where you started out by making a few bad mistakes in a row? Its near impossible to recover from. He still has had some nice touches, what about the measured kick for the restart he got from 40 out? Im just talking about his potential, i think he has a cool head, which is what a good playmaker needs. Its the same thing I saw in boyd when he was starting out, talked about it on here, half of you said he was useless. Well now he's playing origin.

To be fair, it took a good 3 years for Boyd to get his shit together. A time frame that many teams would not put up with.

As for Ben Hunt, his forwards didn't do the job for him. He was not our problem tonight. It was our forwards.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
I think they should just take him out of u20's hes a class player, but hed be better served playing in the QCup!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
broncosil said:
F*** me Kenny, one job and you can't do it.

Sorry, what? You are talking shit.

Nick Kenny is a prop FFS, he's done very well to get to that kick and put in such an effort at this point of the game where most of our team has gone missing.

+1

He's in my 3-2-1 for shizzle.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
Seeing Ben Hunt tonight, he is over-rated.

Yeah definitely, a halfback on debut behind a pack going backwards and defense that couldn't stop an under 7's team is over-rated. Let him go asap.

Give him a break, no doubt he hasn't played great, but it's not an ideal position to make your debut in (team losing 2 on the trot without stars).

Give him time, he'll bounce back.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • The Boss
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • BooKhaki
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.