Should code swappers be selected for representative teams?

Should code swappers be picked for rep teams?

• Yes, contracted NRL players should be picked.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Folau has now signed for a rival code being the AFL.
Should he be picked, more specifically for game 2/3?

IMO no way in the world, not only does picking him just raise his profile more which in turn benefits the AFL but you also want to reward players who are loyal to the game and will stay in the game. Going to superleague is a different story, this is a discussion about hopping over to union or gAyFL.

The Australian rep team didn't pick him because they knew he was going to swap codes(as if you would believe the out of form line), Meninga threatened not to pick him but then back flipped.

Thoughts?

Also. Why do you call it gAyFL? Seriously. The attitude towards other sports on this board are pathetic. Is it because you don't like it? Or because you know they have a better product than the NRL could ever hope to have?

I wouldn't pick Folau but if he does get picked I won't be too bothered. We won't lose too much if Tate or Tuqiri are selected.

Nashy said:
Also. Why do you call it gAyFL? Seriously. The attitude towards other sports on this board are pathetic. Is it because you don't like it? Or because you know they have a better product than the NRL could ever hope to have?

I call it gAyFL because I greatly dislike the sport.

It's somewhat ironic, because I don't at all dislike gay people....go figure. The title is more because it pisses off the fans of aerial ping pong fumbleball.

As for the poll, of course they should be picked. Only fat retarded indigenous dinosaurs would suggest otherwise.

Nashy said:
LOL, coming from you that's a bit rich.

I would still select Folau if he was a standout option but really Tonga/Tuqiri is just as good and I would love to see Tuqiri playing origin again :D

How? You find where I have called it gAyFL.

Yes, they should still be selected.

Yes Folau should be selected.

It is the NRL in the first place that is allowing this to happen. Just the fact that he is struggling between staying in his code or going to AFL for twice as much money, is an indication of where is heart and allegiance lies.

How many of us would actually refuse the offer he's facing? [icon_confu

audragon said:
Yes Folau should be selected.

It is the NRL in the first place that is allowing this to happen. Just the fact that he is struggling between staying in his code or going to AFL for twice as much money, is an indication of where is heart and allegiance lies.

How many of us would actually refuse the offer he's facing? [icon_confu
Good luck to him but if he's going to a rival code there is no way he should be selected over players who are staying in the code and promoting our code and not rival codes in 6 months time.

Rep games are always a display of the best of the best. He's in that category for QLD. Hence, he should be selected.

Best players available should be chosen. Draw your own conclusions as to whether Folau is considered to be available. But, IMHO. He should be picked. Right man for the job.

If code swappers can get picked, players in the European Super League should also be eligible.

dukey said:
If code swappers can get picked, players in the European Super League should also be eligible.

He's still under contract playing in Aus so I don't see the problem.

Question, what was the loophole that allowed Langer to come back and play Origin in 01?

NRL didn't have a time limit set on registrations at the time. So Bennett rushed a Broncos contract, and registered him in time. Meaning he was eligible.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • marw
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • ettybay
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Astro
  • kman
  • Mr Fourex
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.