Should code swappers be selected for representative teams?

Should code swappers be picked for rep teams?

• Yes, contracted NRL players should be picked.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He's got to read all the posts from everyone else who said no first. Let him pickup on big words to make his post look good.

Nashy said:
So in short. He's leaving, so he has no passion for QLD anymore?

BS.
I don't know whether that was for my post, but I meant that the decision on whether Folau gets selected will probably be more based emotionally than rationally.

Reason says Folau should be selected and I trully believe he has the passion for it and if anything, would give more than ever.

99% of the people bagging Folau and saying he shouldn't play, do it for emotional reasons, mostly anger and disappointment.

I would just like to point this out for the daft ones out there:

LOYALTY IS DEAD IN PRO SPORTS!!!

The QRL and plenty on here are living in the olden days. Folau is looking after number 1 and rightly so, I say good on him that he has that much skill that a completely different sport is willing to pay him $6mil to play it. The QRL needs to suck it up and realise this and realise that Folau is (literally) head and shoulders above every other winger we have.

Tate? No thanks.

Lote? Hmmmm, can he come back to the toughest sporting arena in Australia after years in the wilderness playing union?

Pick Folau this year. Next year worry about it!

It seems Lockyer and Petro agree that Izzy should not be selected in Origin 2. Just read the article on Foxsports.

audragon said:
Nashy said:

BS.
I don't know whether that was for my post, but I meant that the decision on whether Folau gets selected will probably be more based emotionally than rationally.

Reason says Folau should be selected and I trully believe he has the passion for it and if anything, would give more than ever.

99% of the people bagging Folau and saying he shouldn't play, do it for emotional reasons, mostly anger and disappointment.

Sorry. I read it wrong.

Nashy said:
audragon said:
Nashy said:

BS.

Sorry. I read it wrong.

That's alright, I wouldn't want to annoy the guy that has more posts than Folau has $$$ [icon_lol1.

I think Coxy had something to do with that.

Scotty said:
Care to elaborate?
It's not just about winning Origin it's about the competition as a whole.
If the only focus the game had was Origin then sure pick him. The QLD selectors explained it perfectly, he will be advertising another game soon and we need to look after players who will be advertising our game not codes in competition with us.

Nashy, I made the first post in this thread and therefore the first argument against his selection, so fail bait.

"When it comes to playing for Queensland and Australia it's an honour and privilege," Lockyer said on Wednesday.

"When you decide to turn your back on that, I think the jersey is bigger than any one player."
From Petero:
"But if he was selected, the talk wouldn't be about Origin, it would be about AFL and Izzy's move and it would take the spotlight off our game.

"It's an unfortunate situation. It (the AFL deal) is great for Izzy and I'm happy for him but we do have to do what's best for our game."

You know what not selecting him does...

It makes sure that EVERY player considering a move in the future keeps it secret untill after the Rep season is over.

I don't understand why these players should not be selected.

Apparently the QRL said they will not accept a team with Izzy and they get the final say. I do agree that playing rep footy is an honour and privilege of our code however it is unjust to be banned from rep footy because you are switching codes the next year. I honestly believe it is denying a sales rep a mid-year bonus commission if they have met the target because they are leaving the company next year - i.e. Folau is the best player in the position available - he is a CURRENT NRL player... he should and deserves to be picked there.

Thing is AFL is getting MORE promotion from the Issy signing by Qld not selecting him than if we do select him.

Issy still has an NRL contract and is therefore entitled to play Origin

Issy is the best man for the job

Not selecting him doesn't really punish Issy - it punishes Qld more than it does him as an individual as we won't have the best possible team on the field.

Not selecting him because he has signed with AFL is plain and simple discrimination

All this will do is force players in future years not to make any annoucement before Origin is done, thereby dragging on speculation etc (or putting them in a situation where they are basically lying over having already signed a contract elsewhere or have intent to do so).

Rugby League was established by players being "disloyal" to Rugby Union and defecting for money, without that the whole sport wouldn't even exist - so it is just ridiculous for RL administrators/players/supporters crying "disloyalty"

Flutterby said:
Rugby League was established by players being "disloyal" to Rugby Union and defecting for money, without that the whole sport wouldn't even exist - so it is just ridiculous for RL administrators/players/supporters crying "disloyalty"

Hammer. Nail. BANG!

broncospwn said:
The QLD selectors explained it perfectly, he will be advertising another game soon and we need to look after players who will be advertising our game not codes in competition with us.

So he's still advertising RL at this point in time?

If kids see him do something good in origin, or QLD win the origin series with his help, do you really think that is going to make them want to play AFL?

I think this decision was made easier because QLD selectors are somewhat spoilt when it comes to outside backs. If it was Thurston who signed, QLD had no other halfback options, and QLD was down 1-nil in the series, I bet they 'd select him.

According to a Cmail article QLD selectors have backflipped and will select him.
They might be wrong, I guess we'll know for sure later tonight.

broncospwn said:
Nashy, I made the first post in this thread and therefore the first argument against his selection, so fail bait.

I wasn't trying to bait. Hell, I wasn't even trying to be subtle.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwibronco
  • davidp
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Spoon
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.