Should Corey Norman Be Dropped

Should Corey Norman Be Dropped

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't wait to see Norman leave drop the pea-heart as soon as possible. He is lazy, uncommitted and plays for himself good luck Parramatta you're gonna need it.

Norman has talent but talent is only part of the requirements for a first grader . He may kick on but no matter what happens he has to go away. We do need to focus on what's good for us and that is the remaining games this year and who gets a game. We need to remove the under performing players and play them in the lower grades until hunger returns. There is no point putting them in the team as we'd get the same results. Better to offer some chances to guys who never got a shot and thought their chance gone. There are plenty of guys over 25/26 who never got the chance but keep playing qcup every week. I'd be happy to experiment with them for the rest of the year. Anyone desperate because desire can overcome mediocrity, a fact Qld emphasised year in and year out in SOO.

Norman has talent but talent is only part of the requirements for a first grader . He may kick on but no matter what happens he has to go away. We do need to focus on what's good for us and that is the remaining games this year and who gets a game. We need to remove the under performing players and play them in the lower grades until hunger returns. There is no point putting them in the team as we'd get the same results. Better to offer some chances to guys who never got a shot and thought their chance gone. There are plenty of guys over 25/26 who never got the chance but keep playing qcup every week. I'd be happy to experiment with them for the rest of the year. Anyone desperate because desire can overcome mediocrity, a fact Qld emphasised year in and year out in SOO.

Couldn't agree more

Hook does not seem able to crack the whip. A strong coach would have laid down the law to Norman (and a few others). Trouble is, there is no one to crack the whip at Hook.

Norman is allowed to play the game he wants to play. That is why for every try he makes he bombs at least 2 others. I somehow doubt Stuart will let that happen and yes, I believe at another club, Norman will be forced to play the game the coach wants it played, which of course again reflects on our way of playing: undisciplined, unstructured and just plain boring.

I can actually see Norman being a top level 5/8 (and as I keep saying along with a number of others, he never was or will be, a FB. For a start, he is way too slow).

Last edited:
Yeah I can actually see Norman being a gun elsewhere, Griffin has hindered a lot of players progress.

......I've watched all Brisbane's games.

Including the ones when our backline looked sharper than it has since Lockyer was around and Norman has been putting Hoffman and co away to score.

Oh, you mean about 12 round ago when it looked like we might just scrape into the finals? The fact that there are people who still believe Norman has what it takes is amazing. He's fucking useless.

I think Norman should be dropped but the issue is who replaces him. Do we shift Hoffman to fullback when he has been one of our best players on the wing? It probably depends if we are indeed getting Barba or not. If we aren't we need to be grooming someone for fullback next season.

IF Barba doesn't sign the fullback for 2014 will either be Josh Hoffman or Jordan Kahu.

Right now, we can't afford to move Hoffman from the wing and Kahu is nursing a broken thumb and is coming off two knee reconstructions.

One of the few shining lights in an otherwise very disappointing season for the Dolphins. Been playing behind a badly beaten pack most weeks. Hard to really judge how he'd go based on that.

Hoffman will never be the fullback we need.

As for Norman, he has buckets of potential, but will probably need reach it because he has indeed been dropped... On his head. **** me he makes some poor decisions.

I think Norman should be dropped but the issue is who replaces him. Do we shift Hoffman to fullback when he has been one of our best players on the wing? It probably depends if we are indeed getting Barba or not. If we aren't we need to be grooming someone for fullback next season.
I don't have a solution for the fullback position either, but I have a massive one for "anyone but Norman":

The other players in the team see that a guy who is leaving the club, has a crappy attitude, lacks effort, and yet he is rewarded with a starting spot.
As a coach, I would put anyone else there but him, to show that I will not compromise with attitude and effort on the field.

We may not get any results from it, but I want someone there who is willing to learn, gives 110% and leaves the field with the tank empty, and I mean anyone!

I actually didn't see the game last night as I was working, but I saw the highlights and just have to say, how the **** do you let a prop run 30m to score a try. That attempt at a tackle on Bromwich by Norman... fucking hell.

I actually didn't see the game last night as I was working, but I saw the highlights and just have to say, how the **** do you let a prop run 30m to score a try. That attempt at a tackle on Bromwich by Norman... ****ing hell.

He backed that up with a similar weak effort for a Waqa try.

I don't have a solution for the fullback position either, but I have a massive one for "anyone but Norman":

The other players in the team see that a guy who is leaving the club, has a crappy attitude, lacks effort, and yet he is rewarded with a starting spot.
As a coach, I would put anyone else there but him, to show that I will not compromise with attitude and effort on the field.

We may not get any results from it, but I want someone there who is willing to learn, gives 110% and leaves the field with the tank empty, and I mean anyone!

I am happy to go down that track. Whether it be Kahu, Hoffman, Kemp or Bond if he is not headed to ESL.

40-4 :laugh:

The funny thing is, I was the most adamant about not playing him there. In the end, Copley's injury forced Hook's hand and he had to play Norman at fullback even though it's clear Corey has too many critical issues to ever be anything more than a stop gap option. In years times we'll look back at this year and we'll wonder why we were so bad and I believe names like Norman, Maranta, Old Man Prince, Wallace, (maybe but most likely) McCullough and our bench will stick out like sore thumbs.

Right now, we have to be smart about how we go about team selections. On one hand, we don't gain a lot with Norman long term other than the odd money ball, long ball or half-break. Still, we don't know if Kahu can handle the rigors of the fullback position and between you and me I don't want to throw him there and see him potentially ambo'd straight off. We saw how demanding the position was when Hodges had a stint back there - it basically mucked up his season from that point.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Kahu a shot at fullback against the Cowboys which is after the Bye but I don't want to see us rush with him.

However, I'll pose this question to you guys. If the rumours are true and Bond + Kahu sign elsewhere, what do we do?

Javan White from Ipswich Jets?

I wish this many people voted for POTS!

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.