Should Corey Norman Be Dropped

Should Corey Norman Be Dropped

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Won't be half a funny as listening to the silence around here and the cheering from the Eels fans when they chuckle and say thanks Brisbane after Norman turns into one of their better buys over the last decade.......

I voted no .....btw.

I also voted in the negative which may not be good enough in some obscure chatroom poll but will be good enough in the Broncos selection room. They are not going to drop their best attacking option when they are still in the playoff hunt and with Hook's career on the line. And yes, it is very sad that a 22 yo kid who is playing out of position is our best option but that just shows the state of the Broncos these days.

No doubt, a lot of the scorn on here is because he chose to leave the total chaos of this club into a club who are at least trying to get out of the poor situation they currently encounter. That makes him clever, he may not bend the line like the K man or have the speed of a James Roberts but he is a damn good player who will only get better especially under a much superior coaching staff.

Instead of taking simplistic option of blaming him or another kid (Maranta), u should be blaming the inept mgmt. with the ""she'll be right because we r the Broncos"" attitude or a couple of the Bronco veterans who are simply not doing the job. Blaming the younger brigade is a narrow minded and unintelligent viewpoint, to say the least.

But keep the polls coming, it gives me a chuckle reading some of the posts on here by some who think they can run a football club but should be concentrating on running their own lives.

"Blaming"?

More accurately assessing their specific contributions to the team, separate to any game plan or team plan issues (of which there are countless).

Norman is self centred. His ego comes first, the team 2nd. He bombs more tries than he sets up. His defence and reading of the play defensively is highly suspect. That is why he should go. Apart from not being part of our future, and at a time when a final's berth is looking very dim indeed

Maranta? He cost us between 18 and 30 points yesterday. He is either not up to NRL or, he needs to lose some kilos, work 5 days a week on his speed, and back himself. He has had ample time to do that, and after all that he is a solid reserve grader who fills a gap with less than more when more is needed, either points wise, and/or next in line to have a go at the top level.

Time to give someone else a go

Last edited:
How are you and the rest of the "I hate Corey" club so sure of this ....?

The way he plays his footy, even if you've never played before you can see his hearts not in it.
And like said earlier that can be infectious in a team, and bring everyone else down with him.

I also voted in the negative which may not be good enough in some obscure chatroom poll but will be good enough in the Broncos selection room. They are not going to drop their best attacking option when they are still in the playoff hunt and with Hook's career on the line. And yes, it is very sad that a 22 yo kid who is playing out of position is our best option but that just shows the state of the Broncos these days.

No doubt, a lot of the scorn on here is because he chose to leave the total chaos of this club into a club who are at least trying to get out of the poor situation they currently encounter. That makes him clever, he may not bend the line like the K man or have the speed of a James Roberts but he is a damn good player who will only get better especially under a much superior coaching staff.

Instead of taking simplistic option of blaming him or another kid (Maranta), u should be blaming the inept mgmt. with the ""she'll be right because we r the Broncos"" attitude or a couple of the Bronco veterans who are simply not doing the job. Blaming the younger brigade is a narrow minded and unintelligent viewpoint, to say the least.

But keep the polls coming, it gives me a chuckle reading some of the posts on here by some who think they can run a football club but should be concentrating on running their own lives.
Reading this is almost like listening to the guy saying that it's everyone else that's driving on the wrong side of the road. Except that guy wouldn't sound so condescending to most people here... :001_rolleyes:

Up until 2011 no one thought the management was doing much wrong, even when we lost Inglis to souffs, because of Rusty's lack of ethics and Henjak's personality.
With almost the same team we have now, we reached the preliminary final, and were cruelled by that Beale knee.
Yes, I know Locky and his farewell season were a big contribution, still we started 2012 pretty well too, were being talked up by pretty much every Rugby League "expert", and only after Yow Yeh's injury and Origin did we fall into a heap... just over a year ago!

Could you enlighten this obscure chatroom and tell us... did you see the above coming, or are you just a hindsight visionary?

Now, people are yelling and screaming at the management for their recruitment policy and are willing to throw outrageous amounts to just about anyone that does fancy moves on the RL paddock, but that is for another thread.

Griffin has responsibility for this without a doubt, as he hasn't been able to get any consistency out of the team, has not managed to pull the best out of the players, with most seeming to regress instead of progressing, and he seems to be stuck in yesteryear's rugby league tactics.
I also have no doubt Norman can be a much better player when well coached, but he will still remain a talented pea heart with a giant ego and no speed, and I very much doubt anyone will be able to change that. It is unfortunately likely that he will remain in the team for now, but it will only be because we really don't have a choice, not because he's our "best attacking option"!

As to Maranta, fucking oath I blame him too. You don't need experience to show whether you have the knack to sniff the try line or not. He doesn't have a single try scoring bone in his body, none, zip! Besides this fabulous speed turned out to be a fable too.
Absolutely worthless player who isn't even Qcup quality, much less NRL.
Throw Lama Tasi's young brother on the wing for all I care, It's almost impossible for him not to improve on his predecessor.

Last edited:

Lol, what a strange statement. So people that disagree with your opinion and want to try another fullback option need to concentrate on running their own lives?

I too do not think he will be dropped only because its too little too late but have no issues with those arguing for his head.

For what it's worth I'm glad he will not be here next year, guess I should go get my life in order...

How are you and the rest of the "I hate Corey" club so sure of this ....?

I think that has been abundantly well answered above, and by watching him play.

If he must play, then chuck Prince out, let him go to the ESL and play Norman at 6 and play Kahu at FB

I don't hate Corey. I just don't think he is contributing to the team at the level he should

I voted 'yes' but then again, I said that back in March

"But I think he should be dropped in order to develop our team for the future

No point leaving him at fullback when next year's fullback should be there now gaining experience (whomever that may be)

Exception to that would be if Norman was a superstar capable of carrying us to the grand final on the back of his creative attack :loool:"

Could his ego be the problem? Because he honestly was pretty gun in his few games for us when Lockyer was still playing. Or maybe it was just a fluke.

Mathematically they are a chance but realistically with the way they have played this season playoffs are a pipe dream. If Griffin wants to keep his job he needs to look to the future and hope he can get them to perform for the rest of the season. Norman is Parramatta's future not ours regardless of what people think about his play.
i personally think Griffin has to go even if he could turn it round in a year or two simply because of what has happened on his watch will make good players wary to sign with us

And that's the real tragedy, the longer-term damage to the club's reputation. You can't put a $ value on that.

Could his ego be the problem? Because he honestly was pretty gun in his few games for us when Lockyer was still playing. Or maybe it was just a fluke.

What ego ......? How are you seeing this "ego" by watching him on the field playing?

Reading this is almost like listening to the guy saying that it's everyone else that's driving on the wrong side of the road. Except that guy wouldn't sound so condescending to most people here... :001_rolleyes:

Up until 2011 no one thought the management was doing much wrong, even when we lost Inglis to souffs, because of Rusty's lack of ethics and Henjak's personality.
With almost the same team we have now, we reached the preliminary final, and were cruelled by that Beale knee.
Yes, I know Locky and his farewell season were a big contribution, still we started 2012 pretty well too, were being talked up by pretty much every Rugby League "expert", and only after Yow Yeh's injury and Origin did we fall into a heap... just over a year ago!

Could you enlighten this obscure chatroom and tell us... did you see the above coming, or are you just a hindsight visionary?

Now, people are yelling and screaming at the management for their recruitment policy and are willing to throw outrageous amounts to just about anyone that does fancy moves on the RL paddock, but that is for another thread.

Griffin has responsibility for this without a doubt, as he hasn't been able to get any consistency out of the team, has not managed to pull the best out of the players, with most seeming to regress instead of progressing, and he seems to be stuck in yesteryear's rugby league tactics.
I also have no doubt Norman can be a much better player when well coached, but he will still remain a talented pea heart with a giant ego and no speed, and I very much doubt anyone will be able to change that. It is unfortunately likely that he will remain in the team for now, but it will only be because we really don't have a choice, not because he's our "best attacking option"!

As to Maranta, ****ing oath I blame him too. You don't need experience to show whether you have the knack to sniff the try line or not. He doesn't have a single try scoring bone in his body, none, zip! Besides this fabulous speed turned out to be a fable too.
Absolutely worthless player who isn't even Qcup quality, much less NRL.
Throw Lama Tasi's young brother on the wing for all I care, It's almost impossible for him not to improve on his predecessor.

Totally agree with your assessment of Maranta but u must remember that he is a fourth string winger, how many fourth positional options are excelling in the NRL, absolutely zero. We all seen him perform last year and we were all aware of his deficiencies, yet posters continue to waste space on him. What did u expect? U r right, he is not of NRL standard or anywhere even remotely close but until Kahu returns, he is our best option on that side of the field.

As for Norman, I am tired of people saying that he has a big ego and doesn't give it his all. He touches the ball at least 3 times per set, he often delivers the kick on the last tackle, he is always in a position to attack and has produced more tries than anyone else in the backline. Granted, he does make errors and maybe his vision is clouded at times but he is just a kid, we would be much worse off without him. Like I said before, he cops a bad rap because he is moving on next season, I wish he was staying as well (deep down, everyone else does as well) but he has made his decision and he will be sorely missed. Get rid of Norman and keep Hunt, another brainstorming decision made by the top brass. Please lay off the youngsters of the team, they shouldn't bear the brunt of the blame for this horrendous season.

If I came across as condescending, then I apologise profusely but I blame it on Peter Wallace, I also blame him for homelessness, the GFC and that plane crash in Frisco this morning.

Totally agree with your assessment of Maranta but u must remember that he is a fourth string winger, how many fourth positional options are excelling in the NRL, absolutely zero. We all seen him perform last year and we were all aware of his deficiencies, yet posters continue to waste space on him. What did u expect? U r right, he is not of NRL standard or anywhere even remotely close but until Kahu returns, he is our best option on that side of the field.

As for Norman, I am tired of people saying that he has a big ego and doesn't give it his all. He touches the ball at least 3 times per set, he often delivers the kick on the last tackle, he is always in a position to attack and has produced more tries than anyone else in the backline. Granted, he does make errors and maybe his vision is clouded at times but he is just a kid, we would be much worse off without him. Like I said before, he cops a bad rap because he is moving on next season, I wish he was staying as well (deep down, everyone else does as well) but he has made his decision and he will be sorely missed. Get rid of Norman and keep Hunt, another brainstorming decision made by the top brass. Please lay off the youngsters of the team, they shouldn't bear the brunt of the blame for this horrendous season.

If I came across as condescending, then I apologise profusely but I blame it on Peter Wallace, I also blame him for homelessness, the GFC and that plane crash in Frisco this morning.

:laugh: Credit where it's due. Made me giggle.

I don't think he's getting bad wraps just because he is leaving. He was on the end of the same criticism last year when most thought he would be with us for a good while to come.

The last part :loool:

I don't think he's getting bad wraps just because he is leaving. He was on the end of the same criticism last year when most thought he would be with us for a good while to come.
+1. I was calling for his head from last year. I remember against Penrith he bombed 3 tries by not passing in the space of about 10 minutes and we lost that game. He most certainly will not be "sorely missed" nor do I deep down regret that he is leaving, I was so happy that he signed elsewhere.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • leon.bott
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Robboi_321
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.