VOTE Should Milford be dropped immediately?

Should Milford be dropped immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • No, that would be too easy. He should suffer longer.

Votes: 16 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
offer him nothing. we could get a q cup player on min wage that would bust a gut to be on the field.
To be honest I'm absolutely certain you're right and I myself would look for the guy who thought his chance, if he ever got one, had passed him by. A 25-30 year old who isn't as fat as me, someone who could get fitter but is reasonably fit now. A guy like that, if given a shot wouldn't die wondering. I know I may be wrong but the guy I'm thinking of will certainly tackle as well as Milford traditionally does if not better but just might get highly involved especially if he thinks I might only get one game. Milford appears to have become so complacent he looks as though he knows he cannot be dropped(amazing headlines preclude that possibility) and that some other club will offer him a fuckton if the Broncos don't.

I don't expect him to be Locky or JT or Lewis, but damn it'd be nice if it seemed like he was even trying to be 2015-vintage Milf.

That guy could play.
This. My criticism is from an honest place. If anyone thinks otherwise, check my few posts. I have always supported him. But this year marks five years with us and he should be our one absolute on the field. He should be the one we as fans count on. I did once and hope he can turn it around because I love his true game and I think if he gets on the ball and around it he will capture that again.

He does not have to be any of our heroes of old, he just has to be him and play to his potential. If he could just do that he would be the modern hero we are all begging for. I would drop him because I think it would do him good, I would plant one on his chin to wake him the hell up haha. It all comes from a belief in the guy.

he should watch some videos of JT to learn how a 5/8 can be more involved.

tell him to watch the 2015 GF ... that is how he should always play.

although, i would recommend him turning it off at 79:50

you sound like you're trying to absolve him of all responsibility.

we should rename milford to teflon. it's like, never his fault for anything. it's always another player/position/coach that's causing him to be an absolute dud. couldn't be the player, never...

has another broncos player ever been given such leeway?

I don't recall anyone really saying what you're suggesting. Yes he is going MIA......but should we drop him from the team because of it? Will we be a better chance of winning a game if Milford's not in the team? I don't think so.

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone really saying what you're suggesting. Yes he is going MIA......but should we drop him from the team because of it? Will we be a better chance of winning a game if Milford's not in the team? I don't think so.
Yes we should. Your idea of keeping underperforming players on the field at all costs makes no logical sense.

All of that is great and I agree that Milford is not Lockyer or JT. But that doesn't absolve him from not getting involved. For me, I don't care if we are going forwards, backward or sideways, I just want Milford to have a red hot crack. I could somewhat stomach the losses and have some sympathy for him if I knew he was having a go and at least going down swinging.

This. I just want to see him compete. Handle the ball a bunch of times in a set and yell at the sky when a play doesn't come off or run in throwing high fives if it does. I want to see him flat on his stomach because he got smashed, watching a last ditch play at the line after throwing the final pass. I want some emotion, showing that he gives a ****.

A moment that has always stuck with me was back when Hodges was playing and Yow Yeh was outside him. Hodges had signaled to him to stay out in the coming D play, but Yow Yeh came in and the other team scored. Hodges was straight up to him, in his face and telling him what's what. A competitor that gave a ****.

Yes we should. Your idea of keeping underperforming players on the field at all costs makes no logical sense.

On that logic half the team at least ought to be sacked

On that logic half the team at least ought to be sacked
half the team aren't on a million dollars, havent played 170+ nrl games, haven't been in the league for 7 seasons, can't be accused of a lack of professionalism with regard to their training and performance, etc etc.

anyone but milf huh

Last edited:
Yes he should be dropped.
Get Dearden some game time, If this season is a write off, then we should put our time on the field to the best use and blood some of the younger guys.
This isn't about form, its about not having a go, the general consensus here isn't that Milford should be dropped for poor form, its for not having a go, and getting involved.
I wouldnt be so annoyed at Milford if he was trying things and failing, as opposed to not trying at all.

half the team aren't on a million dollars, havent played 170+ nrl games, haven't been in the league for 7 seasons, can't be accused of a lack of professionalism with regard to their training and performance, etc etc.

anyone but milf huh

Your focus was on underperforming players, not contract values. I replied to the issue of underperforming which you raised.

Your focus was on underperforming players, not contract values. I replied to the issue of underperforming which you raised.
He mentioned experience and game time as well. Milf has a lot more experience than almost all the other guys on the team right now.
They at least have inexperience as a reason.
Milfs contract just compounds the issue further.

I can accept poor performances from young and inexperienced players - it is unrealistic to expect them to perform like experienced players. I can't accept poor performances from Milford based on what has already been listed in my post and others.

I see no point in continuing this discussion, you seem hellbent on limiting the criticism that Milford rightfully deserves.

I can accept poor performances from young and inexperienced players - it is unrealistic to expect them to perform like experienced players. I can't accept poor performances from Milford based on what has already been listed in my post and others.

I see no point in continuing this discussion, you seem hellbent on limiting the criticism that Milford rightfully deserves.

I have never sought to defend a lack of effort on Milford's part.

All I have tried to do was provide some context for why he has found it difficult to create the opportunities he is capable of because of the poor performances by the team in attack and defence which explain our losses.

I have never sought to defend a lack of effort on Milford's part.

All I have tried to do was provide some context for why he has found it difficult to create the opportunities he is capable of because of the poor performances by the team in attack and defence which explain our losses.
No mate, the complete lack of involvement on Milfords behalf cannot be blamed on the team.
The team don't stop him from getting his hands on the ball, or trying to produce opportunities.
You have defended him time and again by redirecting to the team, but the team (who are mostly vastly less experienced and on far less money) are not responsible for Milford being no where near the ball for the better part of the last 3 games.

The team are not playing well, Milford is not playing at all.
Like it has been stated, Milfords lack of effort is the issue, he is going missing each game and that is on him.

edit: All that being said, in a perfect world, Milford comes out against the Titans and has a blinder, realizes he is capable of so much more and gets involved 100% more than he has been.
I just think if he was capable of doing that, he would have by now as im sure he would have turned it around after the 59-0 flogging.

Last edited:
Don't worry Milford, your not the only one need a severe kick up the backside.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • The Don
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.