Should the Broncos make a play for Ponga

Fitzy

BRL Player
I find it pretty funny you are all speaking as if holmes has already signed look at the facts.... His family and friends are in nq... he is best friends with michael morgan.... oh yeah and he hasn't even been ruled out of a roster spot on the jets... also the broncos do have a fullback for the future his name is jesse arthars!!!!!
- Merged

I'd rather Hunt back at 6. Dearden and SOS are already better halves than Cash Taylor.
no offence but who in there right mind would want taylor for crying out loud
- Merged

I'd rather Hunt back at 6. Dearden and SOS are already better halves than Cash Taylor.
also that ain't happening because personally Turpin, Dearden, O'Sullivan and milford is not a bad spine. Even if McCullough is still hooker. Dearden has a good control game, milford is electric at fullback... and O'Sullivan even though he is bloody slow has a great running game then turpin is also electric and creative and McCullough would add that game management and leadership

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
Taylor would probably be a huge risk even at massive salary cut ($400K or so?). He just doesn't seem like he can mentally handle the NRL.

Brotherdu

QCup Player
Brisbane
Taylor would probably be a huge risk even at massive salary cut ($400K or so?). He just doesn't seem like he can mentally handle the NRL.
He can't mentally handle being the million dollar poster boy for the Titans. Being expected to win every game and make everyone around him play better. Fair enough, there is a reason why Thurston/Joey/Cam Smith/Locky are few and far between. Players with that ability are very rare.

However, give him a lesser role, on less $$, behind a pack like ours, partnered with Milf or another running 5/8 and all of a sudden he doesn't have the weight of the world on his shoulders..........sounds like something the doctor ordered. A controlling half with a fantastic boot, that can just play his normal game in our half of the field and shovel it on to Milf in the Opp half.

I'm not advocating that we buy him, I just think he'd be a much better player in different circumstances.

Stu_9

QCup Player
I am hearing Ash Taylor wants out of the Titans maybe him and Milf could work
For me, its a no to Taylor and a no to Hunt.
Why do we want to keep looking at the past?
Ash had his opportunity, he walked. WB wanted him back last year, or the year before, Ash decided to stay with the Titans.
Hunt also decided to walk.
Now both are not living up to half their current wages, and both sound as if they want to come "home."
I don't want to be seen as a rebound club, nor can I see us drastically improving with either in this side. Taylor hasn't done anything in his time at the Titans to warrant 300k a year.

Stick with Dearden, he has already shown enough to me that we should be continue investing in him.
We also have Paix and SoS in this squad.
It's time to look forward to the future, not look back at the past, IMO.

pagey

NRL Captain
I just think he needs to get a away from the titans , but he'd have to half his pay to come back.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Wonder if he’ll go to the Roosters. They are not patient with young halves and although they have 80 of them, always have money for more. Of course they will get the GC to pay 90% of his wage and the NRL will just agree it sounds legit.

Dazza 92

NRL Player
im not particularly adverse to Taylor returning per say but acknowledge the risks inherit in it also..

One is the make up of the contract; how much are Titans willing to cover his existing contract to get him off the books...plus the mental baggage the kid is obviously carrying....

No guarantee he moving to us would automatically fix that....he is what he is at 25 years old..

SoS & Dearden can be groomed and molded into exactly what we need and want due to their age...Taylor strickes me as a purchase you make when you know your 1 player short of a premiership you know....and that's most certainly NOT us currently...

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Taylor could work with someone like Dearden imo
I'm not so sure. I think O'Sullivan would probably be the better fit due to his running game.

But for the right price, I would take Taylor back. I don't think he was ever going to be as good as some people made out but I think he could do a good job here.

Renegade

NRL Captain
I'm not so sure. I think O'Sullivan would probably be the better fit due to his running game.

But for the right price, I would take Taylor back. I don't think he was ever going to be as good as some people made out but I think he could do a good job here.
My view on Taylor is he has a solid kicking game, decent running game (when he actually runs) and not much else. Let him play as a running 5/8th and let Dearden organise. Play to their strengths.

pagey

NRL Captain

Dearden is more a runner of the footy, has most of the skills but likes to take the line on. Taylor used to be a great runner of the footy himself, was very quick back in the day. Dargan out ran sos in their last game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter