SOO 2013 General discussion thread

I think there's a pretty big difference. Carney is a just much more likely to create something in addition to his running game, while Maloney is much less creative and more of a support player. Considering how terrible Pearce has been in Origin, I think they'd go well together, but if it's just one it has to be Carney.

In terms of style I agree but I don't think either is really going to bring what the Blues need. Carney for all his talent just lacks the instincts at this level and generally goes into hiding.

Man, I hope NSW picks both Glenn Stewart and Ryan Hoffman. Would be a fantastic waste of two spots in the forwards. Bonus points if they are both starting.

Man, I hope NSW picks both Glenn Stewart and Ryan Hoffman. Would be a fantastic waste of two spots in the forwards. Bonus points if they are both starting.

I feel the same! Hopefully they also find a spot for gidley in there!

Hmm, Ferguson on the wing is a good idea, he had a blinder in the NRL all stars game on the wing.

Ferguson, Jennings, Morris, Morris(If fit)

Hmm, Ferguson on the wing is a good idea, he had a blinder in the NRL all stars game on the wing.

Ferguson, Jennings, Morris, Morris(If fit)

Morris just has to get through todays training session to play for the dragons this weekend

Anyone else a little nervous about this years series?

I reckon NSW have their best chance to win the series this year.

I think Maloney or Carney will be the the best 5/8 they have had since QLD's run began. When you look at some of the players NSW have played at 5/8 it's little wonder they haven't won a series.

Anyone else a little nervous about this years series?

I reckon NSW have their best chance to win the series this year.

I think Maloney or Carney will be the the best 5/8 they have had since QLD's run began. When you look at some of the players NSW have played at 5/8 it's little wonder they haven't won a series.

Im very nervous. This is the best chance they have had. Look at the qld players and only Inglis is in form. Thurston, cronk, slater and hodges are all underdone and out of form. NSW have watmough in career best form as well as fifita. They have heaps of forwards pushing for a spot and all their backs are in decent form (bar hayne)

Miles and Tate grow a leg in Origin, we'll be right. The weight of expectation will undo the blues

The more I think about it the more we need to pick papalii. In round 1 of the finals last year (http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8530028) furner gave Papalii the job of looking after gallen. I remember that game coz ive never seen gallen get owned as much as he did that round. We should pick papalii on the bench, bring him on after 20 and his lone job is to harass gallen. Negate gallen and we go a long way towards winning.

Y'know, usually when people talk up the latest boom rookie for Origin I grow a little sceptical but in Papalii's case I believe he's served a good apprenticeship, is in good form and he'll actually add something off the bench. I wouldn't give him any targets or responsibilities, just keep it simple and have him take a big hit up off of JT down the fringe at least a few times and make sure he does his job in defence.

Now it's time to come up with another 3 players for the bench spot.

Y'know, usually when people talk up the latest boom rookie for Origin I grow a little sceptical but in Papalii's case I believe he's served a good apprenticeship, is in good form and he'll actually add something off the bench. I wouldn't give him any targets or responsibilities, just keep it simple and have him take a big hit up off of JT down the fringe at least a few times and make sure he does his job in defence.

Now it's time to come up with another 3 players for the bench spot.

Surely the bench will look like something like

Parker, Gillet (sadly), T'eo, Papalii / McGuire

Yeah, picking Gillette would be a mistake, you've already got a passenger in defense out there, you don't wan't to make it worse by adding another.

Need a front row and I don't think McGuire is ready yet. Speaking of, did you guys watch the post-match interview? I don't think I've ever seen a coach or captain downplay a player's rep chances like I heard those two. I agree with them, but it wasn't very PC.

Not a lot of options out there, wish we could screw the system and bring in a Brenton Lawrence but may have to bite the bullet and bring in Jacob Lillyman.

Need a front row and I don't think McGuire is ready yet. Speaking of, did you guys watch the post-match interview? I don't think I've ever seen a coach or captain downplay a player's rep chances like I heard those two. I agree with them, but it wasn't very PC.

Not a lot of options out there, wish we could screw the system and bring in a Brenton Lawrence but may have to bite the bullet and bring in Jacob Lillyman.

Might not have to screw the system so much after all, looks like its already been done

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...brenton-lawrence/story-e6frep5x-1226649545389

If he actually wants to play for QLD, we should pick him. Form front rower of the comp imo. Kennedy wouldnt be a bad option either

I think they'll keep Shillo on the bench and push Myles to prop. They'll want a prop off the bench who can make metres. Parker to start IMO.

What a crap article, the NRL made the call not Queensland. I'm waiting for a South Australia that's in Queensland video now.

I doubt he'd want to play as a Qlder

Active Now

• Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • barker
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.