SOO 2013 General discussion thread

What a crap article, the NRL made the call not Queensland. I'm waiting for a South Australia that's in Queensland video now.

I doubt he'd want to play as a Qlder

He was born in Mackay wasn't he?

Apparently,

There are always going to be a few funnies especially during the eligibility change period

I'd honestly throw Lawrence on the bench ahead of Lillyman, Kennedy and McGuire at this stage.

Clearly the buy of the season when you factor in how much he signed for.

Whether or not he's eligible, he has been trying to push for the blues for while, I'm not sure I want him as a Maroon...

Might not have to screw the system so much after all, looks like its already been done

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...brenton-lawrence/story-e6frep5x-1226649545389

If he actually wants to play for QLD, we should pick him. Form front rower of the comp imo. Kennedy wouldnt be a bad option either

Thats pissweak journalism. How are QLD being sneaky? He was BORN in Mackay for ***** sake. They really are a bunch of losers clutching at straws if they are still flogging the 'QLD steals players' bullshit.

The more I think about it the more we need to pick papalii. In round 1 of the finals last year (http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8530028) furner gave Papalii the job of looking after gallen. I remember that game coz ive never seen gallen get owned as much as he did that round. We should pick papalii on the bench, bring him on after 20 and his lone job is to harass gallen. Negate gallen and we go a long way towards winning.

Papalli is made for Origin IMO. Great in attack, has a good passing game (I believe he has most try assists than Scott Prince this year, lol), and is easily better in defence than guys like Gillett, Te'o and Taylor.

Smith was fantastic tonight, Cronk still a little out of form but still doing some good stuff, maybe he set the bar too high with his last 6 months.
Slater is the big worry, he just looks to have lost that zip this year, maybe injured but def down on form.

Re: Official NSW Blues Game 1 Team

I didn't know where else to put this, so here I give you: Phil Gould stealing Laurie Daleys seat

ii7L0MTlX6Q58.gif

I didn't know where else to put this, so here I give you: Phil Gould stealing Laurie Daleys seat

ii7L0MTlX6Q58.gif

He's just not alpha enough to be a coach.

He's just not alpha enough to be a coach.

Yeah that thought ran through my head. I don't know if he'll have the nous to be a good coach.

I'm just not getting the push for so many backrowers from either side. It seems nobody rates their props but I think we have missed an opportunity to smash NSW in game 1 by mimicking their selections. Surely we proved last year that playing 3 props was the way to go.

I'm just not getting the push for so many backrowers from either side. It seems nobody rates their props but I think we have missed an opportunity to smash NSW in game 1 by mimicking their selections. Surely we proved last year that playing 3 props was the way to go.

I agree. For this reason the exclusion of papalli from the 17 (unless they are playing mind games) is baffling. A wrecking ball like him would busy their pack open IMO

Shane Webcke talks tactics with NSW coach Laurie Daley.
Webcke: "What's the key to NSW winning Origin 1, Laurie?"
Daley: "Well, if we score more points than QLD, we should win".
hqdefault.jpg

I feel much more confident about our chances after watching this. The advantage this bloke gives us is incredible. Oh, and he's currently in great form.

Last edited by a moderator:
How lucky has Boyd been to play outside him!

Active Now

• Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.