SOO Teams 2010

Cronk over Scott Prince for SSO 1? Don't think so.

Prince will be back two weeks before the first origin, if Thurston is out, Lockyer/Prince combination.

Would have been interesting to see the reactions from people against Lockyer playing on if he had in fact retired and JT's injury did put him out for the season lol

PETERN said:

Prince will be back two weeks before the first origin, if Thurston is out, Lockyer/Prince combination.

You been watching any League this season mate?

I honestly dont like our chances if thurston doesnt play. Thurston is a game breaker, and we dont have the last 4 series without him

It will definitely be harder to win without him IMO, I'm hoping he isn't out for long.

Scotty said:
Would have been interesting to see the reactions from people against Lockyer playing on if he had in fact retired and JT's injury did put him out for the season lol

PETERN said:

You been watching any League this season mate?

Clearly. Have you been watching?

Anyhow besides the point, each to their own.

As far as combinations go, I think we will be ALOT stronger with Cronk at halfback anyway... The smith, cronk, slater, inglis factor is a HUGE reason the storm have played in the last 4 grand finals. folau also knows how to play with them... Cronk is also a "true halfback" unlike thurston (who is more suited to playing a 5/8 role IMO)... from next year on the halves are more than likely going to be cronk and thurston anyway so perhaps this will be a good thing for Cronk in that he will be introduced to origin with an EXTREMELY experienced big game/origin LEGEND outside of him to show him the ropes in Lockyer...

With the storm boys controlling most of the plays, Lockyer will just chime in when he sees an opportunity rather than having to direct the play wide every set because Thurston just wants to use his show and go (as useful as the show and go has been to us in the past 4 years, hell, he practically won us the 2007/08 series with his show and go)

Don't get me wrong, with Thurston, we win matches because of him... but in my honest opinion, with Thurston our potent backline is not used to its full potential... Thurston is and has been our best individual player and performer, but with cronk, i reckon our backline will get more opportunities to shine

Cronk for sure. He has combinations with Inglis, Smith and Slater. Prince doesn't.

Prince has Origin experience though and imo is better than Cronk. Not going to complain either way, but I'd much rather see Prince there.

I am absolutely baffled as to why anyone would pick prince right now. He's injured, not in form, has no combo with any player on the qld team and hasn't plated rep in years. Honestly.... WTF?

He did help steer us in 2008 with JT to a pretty decent series win. I think if Prince plays ok the next few weeks Meninga will pick him over Cronk because he has publicly said Prince would come on for Lockyer in his view if Locky retired.

The Gymp said:
He did help steer us in 2008 with JT to a pretty decent series win. I think if Prince plays ok the next few weeks Meninga will pick him over Cronk because he has publicly said Prince would come on for Lockyer in his view if Locky retired.

Prince almost didnt play a full match in that series because of a broken arm. That series was won on the back of JT brilliance

regardless of who pulls halfback between cronk and prince i think there is a decent chance the bench utility spot may be filled with the one that misses out on the number 7.

Or is there a better QLD utility?

Assassin said:
regardless of who pulls halfback between cronk and prince i think there is a decent chance the bench utility spot may be filled with the one that misses out on the number 7.

Or is there a better QLD utility?

I'd have 4 forwards on the bench...

Ash Harrison starts in the backrow with Stagg and Thaiday...

IF an injury was to happen in the backline, Harrison and/or Stagg could cover no matter what position...

example 1: Slater injured, Boyd to Fullback, Inglis to wing, Harrison to centre, forward comes off the bench and plays backrow
example 2: Cronk Injured, Lockyer or Smith to halfback, Harrison to 5/8 or Hooker, forward off the bench to play backrow

etc etc

I dont think we need a half as a utility and i reckon the only reason we had berro, then hunt playing that role was because they could play backrow... i know cronk played backrow YEARS ago but he is simple not big enough...

better off to have 4 forwards...

if no one gets hurt, gives you awesome forward rotation of the bench too, we will run over the blues

oh and really worst case scenario, Harrison and a back go down injured, Stagg can provide the same versitility (although probably not as well)...

Best thing about those two players being there is that they can both play the 80mins... so even if a back just wants a break, they can cover and a forward can come on

If Prince comes back from injury and has a couple of decent games he will get picked IMO. Personally, I would pick Cronk but wouldn't be upset to see Prince given another go.

IMO, Prince has done SFA for 2 seasons. I think he's ordinary, soft, and a sook. No thanks.

Cronk > Prince.

Especially with Inglis, Smith and Slater in the team.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • mrslong
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bish
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.