SPOILERS! Post game Chat Broncos VS Panthers

ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
If we can keep performing like we did today, i don't see the need to bring Folau back after such a serious injury.
You're kidding yourself. He's on a half a million $$$ and is a origin and international level winger he will walk straight back into the team regardless of how well we go.

He is recovering from a serious injury. Why risk making it a long term problem if we don't need him back in the team?

Ning I know you're a Yow Yeh fan (and I think he is a good player as well) but at the end of the day if we have the choice between him and Folau on the wing, it's Folau every day of the week whether he is coming back from an injury or not.

ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
If we can keep performing like we did today, i don't see the need to bring Folau back after such a serious injury.
You're kidding yourself. He's on a half a million $$$ and is a origin and international level winger he will walk straight back into the team regardless of how well we go.

He is recovering from a serious injury. Why risk making it a long term problem if we don't need him back in the team?
He was always due back in 2 weeks and that game in 2 weeks will be a MUST win game which means all players even if they have injuries if they can play then they will. Folau should be fully fit who knows he might even make a surprise comeback this friday.

We had lots of great players today but for me Sims was the standout. He played tremendously well and put in a huge bid to be resigned imo. He's try and damaging runs were superb. I also must mention the rest of our bench players: Te'o, Setu and McGuire. They made a impact as soon as they came on, all 4 of our bench players.

It was good to see Te'o score his double, Sims pinch his 2nd season try and Thaiday get that try.

Awesome, just awesome to see!!!! They were so fired up at the end,feels like ages since we have seen it. It has made my weekend :mrgreen: Very proud of the effort!!! _woohoo_

What an amazing second half! I was really happy to see our enthusiasm back and it looks like the boys are actually loving it out there.

Locky's inside passes destroyed Penrith's defence...OH EM GEE. And his 40/20 was the epitome of orsmness.

Hopefully we perform like that on Friday against the Dragqueens. :D

Wow. Just wow. Best we've played since 2006 at this time of year. Can't pick a bad player today. Everyone was sensational, but particularly Locky. Unreal. Back to his best.

Sims, Taylor, Teo, Thaiday, Parker, all excellent after being ordinary for a long time, some longer than others. Great to see them all run the ball with vigour and determination.

Only criticism is the defence in the first half. Every time the panthers attacked our line they scored.

Dragons game will be interesting. We'll be riding high, they will either have a bit of a dent in confidence from last night's loss, or they'll come out firing. At least we can have confidence we have a shot. 3 weeks ago i'd think we'd be cannon fodder. Kudos to Henjak and the team for turning it around.

Oh. Other criticism. We were playing far too sideways in the first half. Doesn't matter whether it's league, oztag, touch, whatever, the quickest way to make ground and get forward momentum is to run hard and straight. Kenny and Thaiday in particular kept running on a 45 degree angle on hit ups. Thankfully Sims and Taylor showed them the way and it wasn't so bad.

Wallace and Lockyer drifted too far sideways in attack in the first half too. When locky started straightening prior to passing, the breaks came.

Great effort from the boys especially for not taking the foot off the pedal. Can't wait to see the doubters came out and say they knew all along, though. I've got my popcorn ready.

That level of performance should be the expected bare minimum each week.

Realistically with the salaries of these blokes, a performance like that should be a given and then every aspect of the performance after that should be the focus of conversation.

mjc said:
I love how there were lots of balls turned back on the inside by our halves for men running at speed up the middle this game. I think that is an area we can really test the Dragons next week... they'll no doubt be onto it after watching this game though - but being onto it and stopping it are two different things.

This. Wallace in particular was making Penrith do a lot of extra defense by turning the ball inside. Sims was just awesome! He showed us what he is capable of against the Sharks last week and backed it up with a wonderful impact effort off the bench. Hopefully his son is wearing his Broncos singlet next Friday night.

I'm super confident for the game against the Dragons. If Lockyer & Wallace can continue to find space and the line with their kicks and the forwards continue to hit hard and run hard we're a big chance. We definitely have the personnel to finish tries. Loved the fact the forwards were making a lot of the line breaks.

I also thought Hodges was pretty quiet today he didn't have to do much in attack which was good. I'd hate to have seen the score if Hodges was on fire as well as the rest of the side.

I must also say I though we were all a little harsh on Michaels, but the team is showing how much we don't need him or how much he let us down.

Beads6 said:
I also thought Hodges was pretty quiet today he didn't have to do much in attack which was good. I'd hate to have seen the score if Hodges was on fire as well as the rest of the side.

That was one of the real highlights for me - Wallace is really running some nice plays on our left side now. To put 58 on a finals contender without our #1 weapon being heavily involved is a great positive for the next few weeks IMO

And if he's 80% still give him a run. We need every premiership point we can get from here on out. If he is to play and re-injure himself then so-be-it, but it would be better than not having him out there. We need as close to our best line up as we can get for the next 3 games. If we get Falou and Clinton back we're a big chance.

The Rock said:
True - Hodges was clearly injured throughout the game and didn't get involved much. Dead set, if Hodges as 100% we would have scored more tries, I am sure of it.

Don't forget no Folau either - We put 58 on the Panthers without Folau and Hodges basically.

Did they say on TV what injuries he had Rock? Dead set after the game he had about half a dozen body parts covered with ice - he looked pretty dusty, as did Glenn

Wonder what the score would have been if the Ref didn't allow the Panthers to lie on us after every tackle.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.