Stagg Returns to Brisbane Broncos

Depth!

Stagg was returning to Brisbane regardless and would have retired or been back at reddy had the club not signed him. Prince was a cheap opportunistic signing that boosts our experience and options in the halves. Neither would be in the clubs long term plans which they maintain is focused on development from within.

If he was coming back to QLD anyway why sign him on a 2 year deal? I just don't see how another tackle machine backrower adds real value to our squad when our current backrowers are 80 min players.

If he was coming back to QLD anyway why sign him on a 2 year deal? I just don't see how another tackle machine backrower adds real value to our squad when our current backrowers are 80 min players.

They are??? With the exception of Glenn they did a lot of sitting on the bench for eighty minute players

They are??? With the exception of Glenn they did a lot of sitting on the bench for eighty minute players

Yeah they did toward the end of the season when they were all carrying injuries. Excuse me while I have an opinion.

Yeah they did toward the end of the season when they were all carrying injuries. Excuse me while I have an opinion.

And excuse me for having a differing opinion based on what I have seen

I was against this move mid season but have to say I think it's quite shrewd. Our bench doesn't project to be all that great next season and this move gives us a dependable player who can shore up our defence and allow better attackers like Thaiday and Gillett to be used out wide where they are more effective. None of our younger fringe forwards really put their hands up and given what Stagg costs, if they do there's no reason why it hurts us to stand Stagg aside to allow them their chance.

We are short another quality prop in our rotation, could probably see stagg being brought on in the backrow and Thaiday pushing up to prop for a spell.

We are short another quality prop in our rotation, could probably see stagg being brought on in the backrow and Thaiday pushing up to prop for a spell.

Problem with that is it takes Thaiday away from his strength and leaves us with Stagg who can only really tackle. I can live with Stagg coming back but I think a 2 year deal is 1 year too many. We certainly need another prop.

I was against this move mid season but have to say I think it's quite shrewd. Our bench doesn't project to be all that great next season and this move gives us a dependable player who can shore up our defence and allow better attackers like Thaiday and Gillett to be used out wide where they are more effective. None of our younger fringe forwards really put their hands up and given what Stagg costs, if they do there's no reason why it hurts us to stand Stagg aside to allow them their chance.

Yep......that about sums it up for me. The Stagg signing is nothing to jizz off to, but

I think he'll do a job for us.

I don't see him replacing Wallace/Hunt on the bench ......more so one of the likes of Dodds and co

You are the one attacking me for everything I post.:001_rolleyes:

Wtf?!? How am attacking you, I am simply differing from your opinion because I don't agree with you, it's nothing personal.

But if it makes you feel better, yes, stagg is rubbish, prince is rubbish, hint is fantastic and all our forwards are eighty machines

Wtf?!? How am attacking you, I am simply differing from your opinion because I don't agree with you, it's nothing personal.

But if it makes you feel better, yes, stagg is rubbish, prince is rubbish, hint is fantastic and all our forwards are eighty machines

Who's hint?

Stagg is more than a tackling machine these days.

He's developed into a bit of a ball-player while at the Bulldogs, and he could be very handy as a bench player.

I think it's a good signing.

I'm liking next year more and more. Stagg has a cool head, is reliable and works his a** off. thats got to be a good thing with the youth we have and to cover injuries.

will be extremely handy come origin time. especially if he's still capable of playing 80 mins

Looks like the broncos really are the place to go for ex players when your career is over and you wish to retire.

Prince, stagg, carlaw, civoniceva, carroll, thorn, devere, gee....

Didn't like him when we had him originally, and though he improved from the nothing player he was with us when he went to the dogs, he's still an almost nothing player. And now he's old too. Ridiculous signing.

Thorn & TC? Both players played a big part in our last premiership victory.

Helluva way to start retirement.

Active Now

• marw
  • dasherhalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.