State of Origin 2022

1. Ponga - "Picks himself".....Sadly. He's damn lucky QLD aren't exactly flush with form fullbacks at the moment that's for sure.
2. Oates - Has played Origin before, is in great form, deserves to be there and will be I think
3. Gagai - Origin experience, decent form, not flush with choices in the centres
4. Holmes - Same story as Gagai. Existing Origin experience, solid form, not many other choices
5. Coates - Yes I wanted to put Cobbo here, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Slater isn't picking as many Storm players as possible
6. Munster - Picks himself
7. DCE - "Picks himself" quote unquote, but you could almost argue Hunt deserves it more on form. Hunt however just can't deal with big stages so that is what benches him
8. Papalii - No one else really that is a feasible option. Has been decent in a bad Canberra side
9. Grant - Picks himself
10. Fa'asuamaleaui - Another one that feels very iffy given the form of his club but you aren't exactly going to start Flegler at Origin level are you.
11. Capewell - Rusted on incumbent, won't be overlooked
12. Kaufusi - Rusted on incumbent, could definitely question his right to selection but again, Slater is coach.
13. Arrow - Rusted on incumbent, should probably be benched in favor of Carrigan but won't be.

14. Hunt - In the best form he's been in since leaving the Broncos. Can cover two positions and can tackle solidly. He'll be there.
15. Fotuaika - Very unsure about this one but the bench was always going to be a struggle for us this year
16. Carrigan - Not believing this Reuben Cotter talk for a second. Carrigan is in career best form and deserves to be there, if only to square up on Haas
17. Fifita - Doesn't deserve to be there, but the media hype train will see him picked regardless

Cobbo and Flegler will go into camp but I doubt they play on the night.

1. Ponga - "Picks himself".....Sadly. He's damn lucky QLD aren't exactly flush with form fullbacks at the moment that's for sure.
2. Oates - Has played Origin before, is in great form, deserves to be there and will be I think
3. Gagai - Origin experience, decent form, not flush with choices in the centres
4. Holmes - Same story as Gagai. Existing Origin experience, solid form, not many other choices
5. Coates - Yes I wanted to put Cobbo here, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Slater isn't picking as many Storm players as possible
6. Munster - Picks himself
7. DCE - "Picks himself" quote unquote, but you could almost argue Hunt deserves it more on form. Hunt however just can't deal with big stages so that is what benches him
8. Papalii - No one else really that is a feasible option. Has been decent in a bad Canberra side
9. Grant - Picks himself
10. Fa'asuamaleaui - Another one that feels very iffy given the form of his club but you aren't exactly going to start Flegler at Origin level are you.
11. Capewell - Rusted on incumbent, won't be overlooked
12. Kaufusi - Rusted on incumbent, could definitely question his right to selection but again, Slater is coach.
13. Arrow - Rusted on incumbent, should probably be benched in favor of Carrigan but won't be.

14. Hunt - In the best form he's been in since leaving the Broncos. Can cover two positions and can tackle solidly. He'll be there.
15. Fotuaika - Very unsure about this one but the bench was always going to be a struggle for us this year
16. Carrigan - Not believing this Reuben Cotter talk for a second. Carrigan is in career best form and deserves to be there, if only to square up on Haas
17. Fifita - Doesn't deserve to be there, but the media hype train will see him picked regardless

Cobbo and Flegler will go into camp but I doubt they play on the night.
This is much better than what will actually be picked.

Will cringe if Cobbo is on the left just to make sure Coates is in the side(Cobbo and Oates is the strongest option for the wing).

I can't see Cotter missing, I think he takes Fotuaika's spot.

Nanai for edge rotation I think but he might abstain if he feels there are too many debutants and go with Fifita.

Not sure the placement of Arrow, he will be in the team but where Is the question, since there will be 3 locks.

Don't think Fleggs makes it tbh.

Hearing Arrow wont be there
If that's the case then Fotuaika would be in and probably a Tino/Carrigan Lock rotation, or one as prop and the other lock(would favour this more).

1. Ponga
2. Coates (most likely and on the right)
3. Gagai
4. Val
5. Cobbo (been getting a big push in the media and has a left arm carry)
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papa
9. Harry
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

14. Bhunt
15. Arrow (to play prop)
16. Cotter (to play lock, Tino moves into prop rotation)
17. Fifita/Nanai/Fotu/Flegs/Not sure

The last spot in the team seems most up in the air.

I'm not sure they go another middle, so I think that rules out Fotu and Flegs. Fifita is a guy that can provide something from nothing and only be on the field for 30mins or so.... Nanai is a surprise packet, but is what he's doing at cows able to transfer to the origin arena.

A second rower on the bench also means if an outside back goes down we can shift Capes to centre to cover.

I think I'd probably go Fifita.

He's someone who can create something from nothing and doesnt need someone to set him up for it... Nanai is young and raw, but a lot of his stuff is coming off kicks, which is somewhat specific to cows

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Holmes
5. Coates ( for no reason other than storm)
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papali
9. Grant
10. Cotter
11. Capewell
12. Kaufisi
13. Carrigan

14. Hunt
15. Flegler
16. Fifita
17. Who knows

I think I'd probably go Fifita.

He's someone who can create something from nothing and doesnt need someone to set him up for it... Nanai is young and raw, but a lot of his stuff is coming off kicks, which is somewhat specific to cows

I think it would be a bad call for us to go Fifita.

He was limping quite a bit in back play in that game against us and wincing every time he was tackled. When he went off in the second half, he was walking along the sideline limping.

That knee isn't right.

BRYDENS LAWYERS NSW BLUES SQUAD (in alphabetical order)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels)
Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
Nicho Hynes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers)
Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels)
Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
Tariq Sims (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)
Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters)
James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

The squad also includes six players who are yet to debut for the Blues – Stephen Crichton, Nicho Hynes, Ryan Matterson, Jacob Saifiti, Joseph Suaalii and Kotoni Staggs – with Fittler to name his team for the opening game by midday tomorrow (a starting 17, an 18th player and four reserves).

Cobbo over Oates I’m not sure about. In the squad for the experience I’d be ok with but too soon with what’s on the line here

Active Now

• Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • The Don
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • ezpz
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.