State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

Great win by the boys. I turned it off about 15 mins into the second half. Just couldn't cop the repeated un-lubed sodomy from Klein. How come that try from Api wasn't a knock on? Couldn't fucken believe they awarded that.

Honestly though, outside of the last 12 minutes or whatever, the rest of the game was pretty rubbish. No atmosphere, not as much fire as usual, just mediocre. It'll be good to get back to QLD and NSW.

I'm still astounded by that sin bin. Almost a shame we won, it'll get forgotten that it was such a bullshit call. Just such inconsistency.

And can anyone explain to me how Luai didn't get penalised for his swinging arm and then second and third effort on Holmes I think late? The ref blew a whistle and I was like yep and it was for something totally unrelated. Play the ball chaps, nothing to see here...

All these NSW players are myths. Only any good if they get favourable calls. I wouldnt want a single one of them in my team.
I would take Martin over Capewell this year… and Frizelle for the bench. Experience. While we’re at it, that Cleary fella could come down as a back up for Reynolds

Heard something shocking while Billy Slater was talking to ABC Grandstand-apparently a D.Boyd is training Walsh at the Broncos!😱😱😱😱

What a great game. My favourite part of the game was Lindsay Collins taking that ball above his club captain and off loading for a try closely followed by Reece Walsh with zero mistakes.

Putting Flegler in the bin was a complete farce and Klein must be shattered that despite all his efforts he couldn't get the blues over the line.

Surely the bunker official is stood down for a week for the Flegler call.

The frustrating thing is, much like the incorrect Carrigan call a few weeks ago, its no help to us in the moment when the offical is punished days later for the wrong call. The bunker simply needs to be better.

Also highlights the player bias. Flegs, Radley, TPJ any of those types of players are judged much harsher then say if a Yeo or clearly or a "nice guy" have someones head run into your shoulder.

I've no doubt there will be no consequences for Flegs.

Turn on fox, Ennis is getting destroyed by Parker😂
Hook it to my veins. Ennis handling it pretty well, to his credit. But 3 v 1 on him trying to defend NSW losing that.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Howie
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.