State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

I posted it earlier, its so, so similar to a try Hammer scored for the Cowboys against the Warriors a couple of years ago, even to the point when Hammer swerves he puts Reece Walsh on his backside in the same way he does to Teddy.
It's his insane balance, he can turn on a dime all while giving the illusion he is jogging.

Who couldn't see that coming.

I think the NRL have to stand strong here, but will they given he's a NSWRL darling.

Exceptions were made for Katoa and someone else following ANZAC day, but both those players played on the 11th day for Magic Round I believe... for Turbo he'll be playing on the 9th day in Rd 15.

If they start making exclusions for everyone they may as well not even have the stand down at all.
Turbo free to play this week apparently.

NRL may as well do away with the 11 day stand down if all it takes is a club to kick up a stink because one of their stars might miss a game.

Would be interested to hear the RLPA thoughts in regards to the duty of care and all the shit they've been crapping on about as part of CBA negotiations... but I'm guessing they dont give a shit, because in this instance there's no money involved so it doesnt concern them

From my understanding, he wasn't actually diagnosed with a concussion. The independent doctor never diagnosed him with a concussion and neither did the team doctor.

He was ruled out for the remainder of the Origin match because players have to wait 15 minutes to re-enter play when they go off for a HIA. There was less than 15 minutes left of play when he went off.

Turbo free to play this week apparently.

NRL may as well do away with the 11 day stand down if all it takes is a club to kick up a stink because one of their stars might miss a game.

Would be interested to hear the RLPA thoughts in regards to the duty of care and all the shit they've been crapping on about as part of CBA negotiations... but I'm guessing they dont give a shit, because in this instance there's no money involved so it doesnt concern them

Independent Doctor in the Bungler called Cat 1 .
Manly doctor who was the NRL`s former HIA expert said he`s Cat 2 after checking him in person ...

Independent Doctor in the Bungler called Cat 1 .
Manly doctor who was the NRL`s former HIA expert said he`s Cat 2 after checking him in person ...
So is the 11 day standown only applicable to Cat 1 concussions or all concussions... because I originally assumed it was only Cat 1's but to date every concussion has been an 11 day stand down.

Mahoney's on the weekend was classed as a Cat 2 by the bungler doc and then he failed it... so can he be named this week (because it was classed as Cat 2) or is he out because he suffered a concussion??

So is the 11 day standown only applicable to Cat 1 concussions or all concussions... because I originally assumed it was only Cat 1's but to date every concussion has been an 11 day stand down.

Mahoney's on the weekend was classed as a Cat 2 by the bungler doc and then he failed it... so can he be named this week (because it was classed as Cat 2) or is he out because he suffered a concussion??

Cat 1 automatic stand down.

Cat 2 they are assessed and need to meet certain criteria to be able to play. They can still be named and provided they are asymptomatic the following day and haven't had a concussion in the past 3 months and have had less than 5 career concussions, they can play.

So the independent doctor says nope - he's cat 1 but the club affiliated doctor says nope - he's cat 2. I mean...surely it shouldn't be rocket science to figure whose word should carry more weight.

So the independent doctor says nope - he's cat 1 but the club affiliated doctor says nope - he's cat 2. I mean...surely it shouldn't be rocket science to figure whose word should carry more weight.

One doctor was watching from a remote location [ the bunker ] .
The other who was the NRL`s advisor on concussion examined him in person and said he`s OK .

Why is every thing a conspiracy ? You think that doctor is gonna risk all he owns just so Turbo can play on the week end ? Maybe if he was playing against the Broncos but that is not the case . LOL .

The independent doctor never diagnosed him.

They watch the footage and make a recommendation. It's then the team doctor that examines the player and makes a diagnosis.

The doctors are saying no one diagnosed him with a concussion.

So why would any team in the future listen to the independent doctor? Just get their player back out on the field. Their opinion is invalid and the NRL is throwing money away paying them

One doctor was watching from a remote location [ the bunker ] .
The other who was the NRL`s advisor on concussion examined him in person and said he`s OK .

Why is every thing a conspiracy ? You think that doctor is gonna risk all he owns just so Turbo can play on the week end ? Maybe if he was playing against the Broncos but that is not the case . LOL .

Do you not see the problem with the precedent if the club doctor can overrule the independent doctor?

And do I think a doctor will risk everything so he can help a team / player in sport? Ever heard of Michele Ferrari? If not, look him up mate.

Tom Trbojevic has also been cleared to play in Round 15 after a “lengthy process” according to a club statement. “The Sea Eagles have undertaken a lengthy process, both internally and externally, into Tom’s health after he was taken from the field late in last Wednesday night’s State of Origin match in Adelaide,” the statement read. According to Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov, Trbojevic “has not been diagnosed with concussion” after consulting two seperate doctors.

dominate but dont grub it up,they were too worried about roughing walsh up and it cost them the first 10 min

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • Behold
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • Culhwch
  • Galco
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.