NOT CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

Under Vlandys ball, a team this far below its opponent has absolutely no means of competing and wrestling back momentum, this is not normal rugby league anymore. You cannot slow things down, you cannot try and intimidate otherwise you get penalised for tackling 'a bit too forceful' and if you are out on your feet, the game is gone if the other team is bigger, faster, stronger...which they are. The only way this will be even is if the refs are instructed to award everything to Qld, which they may well be instructed to do given Vlandys wants the money of a decider.
You are 100% spot on. Under the current Vlandy’s rules there are no longer any tools for a weaker footy side to influence the game with aggressive defence, or etc, etc.

Origin is not the rough and tumble cauldron it used to be. These days it’s played by players who sip coffees and wear perfume cologne. Walsh will be fine.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I heard Kent say we haven’t seen a backline like this before in reference to how good the nsw team is….
1 slater
2 boyd
3 Inglis
4 Hodges
5 Folau
6 Lockyer
7 Thurston
9 smith

Would disagree would they not?

This team is not even close to being the worst Queensland team on paper. Surely people don't forget the early 2000s.

game 1 this year broke their record for worst loss in origin history

A lot of that is to do with the new rules though.
The vast majority, I would say.

As Kemp and Finch pointed out in their show, Titans got stomped but managed a 97% completion rate. You can't stop the roll these days. But I have been saying that since early last year. Hill sprints to start a marathon. Good luck.

i feel as though the team was cocky going into game 1, not only the team but the staff as well with what happened last year. The whole camp i saw marrons players posting shit on their Instagram story's daily. I know its been a day so far since the team was named but out of the 17 payers there has been 1 player to post to social media which i hope is a sign they are gonna knuckle the **** down and take it serious.

the NRL have "warned" former refs boss Bernard Sutton not to work with the Maroons ahead of Origin 2 ... Abdo reportedly phoned him and said if he didn't step down from his role with the Maroons, his brother (Gerard) would be stripped of the refereeing duties from Origin 2

the NRL have "warned" former refs boss Bernard Sutton not to work with the Maroons ahead of Origin 2 ... Abdo reportedly phoned him and said if he didn't step down from his role with the Maroons, his brother (Gerard) would be stripped of the refereeing duties from Origin 2

But of course when the Roosters do it, it is all good.

Isn't Gavin Badger part of the Blues coaching team? Could have sworn I saw him in the coaches box with a NSW polo on jumping up after a NSW try like a little schoolgirl.

Nah we can’t have that, what if it stops nsw from putting on another 50 and they lose the title of most dominant origin series ever.

I legit don’t see the problem with a ref working with the team. They do it in every preseason 🤨🤔🤔 why is this bad?

Isn't Gavin Badger part of the Blues coaching team? Could have sworn I saw him in the coaches box with a NSW polo on jumping up after a NSW try like a little schoolgirl.

He most definitely was in the NSW coaching box.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.