He isn't just the best in the Tigers pack, he's been one of the best in the NRL over the last 2 years. He's like McGuire in the sense that he plays better the more minutes he gets, and can often play the entire 80.McGuire is nothing like woods, woods is a myth. I'm a bit perplexed that people are so surprised that he was useless in origin, I mean yes he is the best forward in the tigers pack, but that not exactly hard
Yeah, I think he'll get better with age...provided they actually pick him again after a horrible display this year.Aaron Woods is only 22, expecting him to perform at this level is silly.
Remind me again how Parker and Scott went on their debuts?
it was an absolute joke - only 5000 tickets were available to the general public. yes, you read that right - five thousand. out of 52 thousand. those 5000 tickets were all behind the goal posts too, and all were ridiculously overpriced.On a related but slightly different topic, the reason we went to this game was we could not get tickets to game 2 in Brisbane
I attempted to buy tickets the very minute they went on sale but still couldn't get 2 seats next to each other - only singles left
This to me suggests that heaps of tickets must have been sold prior to actually going on sale
Is there a pre-release of tickets to club members or something?
i have no problem with that.I have no issues with Broncos, Qld and Suncorp Stadium members first pick. I think it's more than fair to be honest.
That ratio is just outrageousi have no problem with that.
i do have a problem with literally 90% of the tickets being reserved though, which is what it was. it wasnt just broncos/qld/suncorp, it was all NRL teams had tickets reserved.
just to reiterate - there were only 5000 tickets available to the general public. 5000 out of 52000
first in best dressed general admission for 90% of tickets, first in best dressed of the members for the other 10%.Well, with 30K+ memberships for the Broncos added to the Suncorp Stadium and QRL memberships, it's not impossible to get up to the 45K tickets already. Add the sponsors and suits for another 2K... It's not unrealistic.
How would you suggest this be solved?
Porthoz said:Why shouldn't members have priority?
Because that's one of the perks of the membership people pay for!first in best dressed general admission for 90% of tickets, first in best dressed of the members for the other 10%.
not everyone who is a member should get a guaranteed origin ticket if they do decide they want it. just because youre a broncos member shouldnt mean you have more of a right to a QLD vs NSW state of origin match than someone whos not a broncos member.
it would be completely solved by having all of 0% of the tickets reserved, and 100% available to the general public.
why *should* they?