State of Origin Game I - QLD vs NSW

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Was that the gentleman's agreement that NSW ended up breaking a few years back when they got Ennis to play even though he was suspended that week?

It was.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hahahahahaha Buzz and Kunt having a whinge that Kevvie lied to them. Oh the irony.

While they are having a massive whinge, I do agree with the point they are making.

This will he/won't he rubbish needs to stop especially when there is betting involved. It doesn't fool the opposition because they prepare for both scenarios so why bother with it anymore?

It really does need to stop, especially when it comes to fantasy (mainly Supercoach). Fans are parting with their money and the NRL continues to allow clubs to play games with injuries.

The NRL makes so much money from betting agencies, they need to bring in stricter protocols.

I could be wrong here, but I believe the NFL have a system in place already and if the clubs lie about a player being injured, they are fined.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Maybe Kev can replace Bennett..

That's straight out of his playbook, throwing the media in to a loop just before the game, taking a lot of the media heat off the players themselves, who just lost their most experienced player. Genius.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Maybe Kev can replace Bennett..

That's straight out of his playbook, throwing the media in to a loop just before the game, taking a lot of the media heat off the players themselves, who just lost their most experienced player. Genius.

Kev needs to win this series or at least not get flogged to stake his claim.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Hahahahahaha Buzz and Kunt having a whinge that Kevvie lied to them. Oh the irony.

Did these flogs stop to consider that perhaps not even Walters is certain of which way they are going to go and therefore needs to get both players in, familiarised as best they can, and then make the decision.

Now I’m sure Walters has an idea of what he wants to do, but it’s totally plausible that they just aren’t 100% on the final makeup of the team at this time.

There really hasn’t been a more challenging series for QLD since 2006, so they’ll want to make sure they make the right decision. I just don’t think it’s as black and white as these morons make out.

Last edited:
roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Abit off topic but, I went to the Parramatta v Bronco's game, I seen Ben Ikin out the front walking into the stadium with a Broncos jersey on...i always thought he hated us

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd be tempted to play milf at 6 and Munster to fullback. The preparation has been thrown into disarray now and there is limited time to introduce a new face.

Milf, Hunt and Macca have played together for a long time now and have played under Kevvie as a spine. Milf has also been with the squad training at 7 for almost the whole week.

I would prefer Munster go to fullback over Morgan and GI as well, because to me defence is more important than attack in origin... and I'd be worried about GI's legs as he's only played a couple games at fullback for the bunnies since doing his ACL.

Cleary will be raining torpedo bombs all night and I'd prefer Munster be back there who is an origin level fullback... Morgan is a makeshift fullback in club land, no doubt great in attack but defence will always be a quesion mark.

They could even just play Munster in defence and then have them switch in attack. Although to me Munster is more dangerous attacking from fullback anyway.

1. Munster
3. GI
6. Milf
7. Hunt
9. Macca

14. Morgan

Last edited:
Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Abit off topic but, I went to the Parramatta v Bronco's game, I seen Buzz out the front walking into the stadium with a Broncos jersey on...i always thought he hated us

Edit: not buzz the other dicked with glasses on, what's his name? Bennetts son in law
You couldn't get Buzz mixed up with anyone. He'd be the one sleeping in the gutter hugging a bottle of Vodka

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd even consider Holmes to fullback and bring Oates back to the wing
Holmes is suspect under the bomb... Cleary will putting up torps all night we desperately need a defensive fullback to defuse them so either Munster or GI.

I'd prefer Munster but only because of the increased workload on GI. He's only played fullback a couple times this year coming off the ACL so I'd be a little hesitant.

Although if he says he can handle it then he is probably the preference to reduce disruption

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
You couldn't get Buzz mixed up with anyone. He'd be the one sleeping in the gutter hugging a bottle of Vodka
Ben Ikin that's his name! Yeah I've heard he's a piss head

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You might be thinking of the incident with Lote. Charged the previous week and not named for QLD, named for the Broncos but didn't end up playing, brought into camp after the game. Something like that anyway. They did introduce a rule to prevent that
Was there something with Carroll as well where they named the 13 as TBA??

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I thought Ikin didn't drink, at least not any more? I'm sure there was some mention of it on NRL360 recently.
With the piss head part I was talking about Buzz. Ikin was the guy I seen at the game with a Broncos jersey on and was like wtf.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
With the piss head part I was talking about Buzz. Ikin was the guy I seen at the game with a Broncos jersey on and was like wtf.
I saw ,ffs. I talked to Ikin for 15 mins yesterday and he doesn't hate any team, actually talked about the sporting definition of 'hate'.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I saw ,ffs. I talked to Ikin for 15 mins yesterday and he doesn't hate any team, actually talked about the sporting definition of 'hate'.
I seen (just for you big guy). Yeah, ok, it just surprised me that's all... I don't have a personal relationship with him like you do, I've never heard him say a positive thing about the Broncos, hence why I was surprised

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I don't recall Ikin saying a positive thing about any club - seems very much like Switzerland.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I seen (just for you big guy). Yeah, ok, it just surprised me that's all... I don't have a personal relationship with him like you do, I've never heard him say a positive thing about the Broncos, hence why I was surprised
I wouldn't characterize it as a personal relationship rather he is decent enough to give a stranger a chance to have a fair length chat. I brought up the Matt Lodge video and the timing of it's release but Ikin seemed to think we ( me ? ) simply feel that way because we are Bronco supporters and will see things through those influences. I didn't disagree but did point out that it doesn't rule out that the video's release was a deliberate ploy to destabilize our club.

He pointed out quite correctly that in the entertainment business there is no genuinely bad publicity and the Broncos actually benefit in the long run from the discussion generated. After all, it's hard to look like the bad guy when we are benevolent enough to grant second chances.

I get to chat with him in the Qantas Business Lounge on Monday mornings as he catches a Sydney plane around the same time I get the Perth flight. He's a very approachable type person and seems to understand his role as a public person.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • marw
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Howie
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Justwin
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.