State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

Which part of my line-up seems over the top or unnecessary? Ponga needs to be in the starting line-up, he was the only player tonight who looked ominous, and he proved well and truly that he can handle it defensively. Arrow has been our best forward defensively, should be starting at 13. Segeyaro is in career form and would add a huge spark off the bench, Ofahengaue like wise.

Oates will handle anything thrown at him.

Cherry-Evans is the only controversial one, but I'm willing to accept anything other than Hunt, whether that's him, Taylor, Norman, Mbye, Milford.. I don't care.

Ponga would be massively wasted being restricted into running at centre, he needs to be roaming with space to move. Also Oates in the second row has me cringing, I’d have him on the wing in a heartbeat but he’s untested at NRL level in the 2nd row let alone Origin.

Hunt didn't play his best game but fmd, besides those two kicks he didn't do much wrong.

Also lost the ball in two crucial moments.

There's a general numptiness about him.........he's out.

Yeah - McCullough is too slow.
Lol mcculough didnt lose us this game, no matter how much you wish it to be true. He played well, nice long passes amd service was always straight to the chest. Couple of good runs and led the defence. What else do you want? Cameron smith?

I mean seriously, who would you replace him with? Granville? Friend? Hahahaha

Hunt didn't play his best game but fmd, besides those two kicks he didn't do much wrong. Chambers is the one we should be calling the forensic accountants on, looking for any odd deposits made in to his various Cayman Island accounts.

3 fucking kicks, all of which went like rockets past the dead ball line. Owned once again by Mitchell. Even lying on the ground after the game, he had his head buried in his hands but kept looking up to see if the cameras were on him so everyone could see how sad he was. We all said after Game I that Chambers wouldn't have two bad games in a row. Turns out he did, and it cost us a series.

Another Hunt mark. Sorry, he was awful.

I think he took the line on once or twice all fucking game. Piss weak little bitch that he is. Can't kick for shit, can't set up a play to save his life - one other option left, and he didn't have the balls to take it. QLD's number 7. When the game was there to win, he shuffled the ball like a true pussy.

Is this thread where we can come and congratulate each other for not paying Ben Hunt 1mill a year for 5 years?

Yes.
Yes it is.

I think it may have been B4L earlier in this thread that hit the nail on the head, this is exactly what the Dragons have coming for them in September.

Cameron Smith lost the series for us when he quit 3 weeks out. Really fucked us hard

Lol mcculough didnt lose us this game, no matter how much you wish it to be true. He played well, nice long passes amd service was always straight to the chest. Couple of good runs and led the defence. What else do you want? Cameron smith?

I was happy with Maccas performance over all. A few missed opportunities, but he's the long term option that's for sure. Tried his guts out.

A few positives for the Maroons in an otherwise shitty series:

- We won’t have to wait until Game 3 to get a game at Suncorp most other years

- NSW have had a faultless preparation and no real injury or form issues whatsoever, it won’t be like this every year.

- Maloney has been in basically everything for NSW for both games. He’s not - young man though and realistically he’s not far off retirement. Say what we like about him but he’s been NSW best Half for several years now and really the only lynchpin of their attack that’s had any real effectiveness against us.

- Holmes, Gagai, Munster have really reinforced that they have exactly what it takes to not just play but really excel at this level and will be around for plenty more years most likely. I look forward to the combinations they can build up amongst one another over the years.

- Arrow and Ponga have both been blooded and both come back with strong results. The sooner they get Arrow a starting spot the better and Ponga will have plenty of time to make that Number 1 jersey his own and with more preparation we’ll be able to build a lot more of our attack around him going forward. McCullough has also been pretty strong and will I think only grow with more time at this level, although he’s also in the unfortunate position of having to remind everyone just how big the gap is between CS9 and every other Hooker in the game.

- Matt Gillett comes back next year. Hopefully refreshed and back at the peak of his powers, he’s a huge chance to take over he Captaincy of both Brisbane and Queensland perhaps as soon as next season.

- Michael Morgan will also be back, also hopefully refreshed after a huge workload over the last two seasons, and no doubt if he can find his form again he’s a huge weapon for Queensland going forward.

Another Hunt mark. Sorry, he was awful.

I think he took the line on once or twice all fucking game. Piss weak little bitch that he is. Can't kick for shit, can't set up a play to save his life - one other option left, and he didn't have the balls to take it. QLD's number 7. When the game was there to win, he shuffled the ball like a true pussy.

Now this ladies and gents is what they call an overreaction..

He outplayed Cook (who was MIA) imo

Ponga would be massively wasted being restricted into running at centre, he needs to be roaming with space to move. Also Oates in the second row has me cringing, I’d have him on the wing in a heartbeat but he’s untested at NRL level in the 2nd row let alone Origin.

Oates in the second row has you cringing, how about when Cooper tries to score from dummy half 3 times a game despite being the slowest, oldest & weakest player on the field? I've never come across a more useless backrower in my life, he's like Josh Jackson except worse in almost every way, and Josh Jackson is shit.

And the shoulder charge on Cordner was bloody stupid

It wasn't even a penalty. He braced for the contact which is legal.

I guarantee you, the next time that happens in club level, it won't be a penalty.

Just because there isn't anyone any better doesn't mean he isn't shit......he's there by forfeit, pure & simple.

Now this ladies and gents is what they call an overreaction..

Puh-leese...I am pissed off, but you, Foordy and Morkel are the biggest Hunt apologists on here.

He and Chambers cost us the game. Fin.

Oates in the second row has you cringing, how about when Cooper tries to score from dummy half 3 times a game despite being the slowest, oldest & weakest player on the field? I've never come across a more useless backrower in my life, he's like Josh Jackson except worse in almost every way, and Josh Jackson is shit.

Yeah I’m not denying Oates ability to be a weapon in attack but my objection to him playing second row at club level isn’t his attacking ability, it’s his lateral defence. He’s a big lanky body and he’s had a few injury concerns which could definitely hamper his ability to cover the ground needed in defence.

Yeh at least Jackson can get a MOTM.

It wasn't even a penalty. He braced for the contact which is legal.

I guarantee you, the next time that happens in club level, it won't be a penalty.
He didn’t brace he lifted the shoulder and elbow and stepped into Cordner. It was deliberate and dumb af.

Active Now

• davidp
  • lynx000
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.