State of Origin - Game II - Post Match Discussion

No idea why NSW would be complaining about the referees TBH like Laurie said we lost the game fair and square and were beaten by a far better team. There were a few decisions I didn't agree with but I can't remember the last game of anything I've watched were I've agreed with every single decision by the referees.

It's just journos trying to capitilise on a seething NSW market and giving them the platform to vent.

Gallens about to tell his opinions and thoughts of the game on Sterlo,
I can't stand his smug fat face

What did everyone make of the call against Hoffman for a knock-on early in the game in a gang tackle both me and my dad thought it was stripped.

My first reaction was he was trying to get his arms free to pass around the corner and there were hands all over the place. 50-50 for mine

Enough evidence for a call either way on the Hoffman knock on. I watched the replay this morning and really that was the only real 50/50 call

Gordy interviewing hodgo after the game about the sin bin.
Gordon: So did you throw any punches ?
Hodges: Well I came in swinging, dunno if any connected though

Haha crack up

The look on Hodges' face when he got called out was PRICELESS - "Who, me? Me? Are you sure you want me??" Hahaha...

Amazing game - that was even more dominant than a couple of years back when our forwards were apparently too old and slow after getting beaten up in Game II and we came out in the decider and blasted them off the park in the first 20mins.

Can't fault QLD at all, everyone stood up. Don't understand the McQueen hate, I thought he was great for his second game. He'll see a lot more Origins, along with Teo and Gillette. Big Papa was great, solid without trying to be too much of a battering ram and losing the plot. The big guns were brilliant, as they had to be. Slater looked like he was on one leg for most of the match, think he got rattled up a bit while making a tackle early on? I liked seeing JT, Cronk and DCE all together - never knew who was going to kick. Look forward to DCE playing many, many more Origins - I thought he was pretty good in the middle too, he's obviously not used to the position and had bigger guys running at him than he's used to but he didn't let us down IMO.

As far as NSW - disappointing really (but I don't mind!) Jennings, Reynolds and Fifita stood out to me as playing very aggressively. Maloney was a speed bump this game - welcome to Origin at Suncorp! Kicking was SHIT = brilliant :winky: I thought Pearce's running game was dangerous a couple of times during the match, but that was about it. Dugan was pretty good, looked semi-dangerous in attack but misread his position a bit in defence. I actually felt sorry for Merritt, I like him as a player but it was always going to be a HUGE ask on Inglis' edge. Epic fail. Farah and Gallen are the only keys really, and we shut both down brilliantly lastnight. A few of the usually-solid players went missing lastnight, Watmough in particular.

As far as the incident - my mate and I both agreed at half time it would happen if a) QLD came out and continued the rout with early points (check); b) it would be on inside 10-15mins (13mins = check!) Merrin and Hodges both had to go, they both threw punches. Tate should not have gone, he was reacting to Gallen laying on top in the tackle for an ETERNITY, that should have been a penalty before it even got to the push - they were doing it all game trying to slow us down, especially near their line. Jennings was damn lucky, I actually thought he came in worse than Bird did - and Bird should feel hard done by, no way should he have gone either. The refs clearly lost it.

Slater's elbow was a reaction to Pearce's shot on him in the tackle, penalty as given was sufficient. The only real bad call though was at the start with the two strips - nearly identical, with opposite results. That was pretty bad, if the one against NSW was a strip so should the next one have been. Oh and the coathanger to Hodges was probably worthy of a week on the sidelines but didn't get charged? And at one point NSW were playing the ball ON a line, while the ref had QLD back at least 2-3m back the other side of the next line, clearly well over the 10m - crowd started giving them hell with the BS chant. I have to mention the crowd in general - the sound of it warmed the cockles in my heart :tongue_smilie: There is NOTHING better than Suncorp at full song!!!

Whinging Blues Gallen and Farah annoyed the shit out of me. Laughed so hard when Parker was talking to one of the refs at one point and he stuck his fingers in his ear and basically said "sorry mate, not listening!"

Looking forward to Game III - Hayne should be back, it's in Sydney and they will not let themselves be embarrassed like lastnight down there - look out Maroons. Conversely, the Maroons have now woken up, and that game HAS to have dented the new-found Blues' "confidence that we can beat QLD" in a pretty big way, they had absolutely no answer to that first 20mins. It's there for the taking, I think either are capable - the hungrier team wins. It will be very close.

Gallens about to tell his opinions and thoughts of the game on Sterlo,
I can't stand his smug fat face

Agree 100%. I was surprised that Sterlo thought NSW should have received the penalty from the Tate push as that would have prevented the punches being thrown. How about penalise Gallen for taking an eternity to get off JT. . .

Seems to be one of those players whose efforts aren't immediately noticeable. I admit after watching Game 1, I thought McQueen was a passenger. Have watched both games several times now and he has been a solid contributor both times. He hasn't let the team down and will only get better.

Agree 100%. I was surprised that Sterlo thought NSW should have received the penalty from the Tate push as that would have prevented the punches being thrown. How about penalise Gallen for taking an eternity to get off JT. . .

Yeah, barely anyones spoke about how long gallen was on him.
Noticed how no matter what anyone asks gallen he always seems to mention "things went they're way, or they got the rub of the green"
Wanker.
The man is too obsessed with origin, and seems to not give a shit about playing for the sharks during origin period.
He just so desperatly wants to be the captain to break QLD's streak

Just watched that play on halftime with the Cronk inside ball to Slater.

If Billy tipped instead of the cut out ball, we definitely would have scored. I know it's a moot point, but still.

Love your avatar [MENTION=1810]Je$ter[/MENTION] !

Just watched that play on halftime with the Cronk inside ball to Slater.

If Billy tipped instead of the cut out ball, we definitely would have scored. I know it's a moot point, but still.

We blew so many opportunities

1. Inglis streaking away with only pearce to beat, yet he passed way too early to Boyd who then threw an intercept.
2. All hodges had to do was catch and pass and tate was in, but he thought too far ahead and instead knocked it into the nsw player
3. Boyd i think couldve taken that kick on the full had he put his foot down.
4. Towards the end of the game a bomb went up, slater batted it back and mcqueen knocked it on basically on the try line. Sitter!

1. Inglis streaking away with only pearce to beat, yet he passed way too early to Boyd who then threw an intercept.
2. All hodges had to do was catch and pass and tate was in, but he thought too far ahead and instead knocked it into the nsw player
4. Towards the end of the game a bomb went up, slater batted it back and mcqueen knocked it on basically on the try line. Sitter!

I agree, I may be wrong but I thought the pass to hodges was ruled forward ?

Which goes to show we still have some execution problems to work on. If QLD had of been truely clinical they would have at least got 40. IMO it's good that they weren't 100% clinical and means they can do even better in the last game. They'll have to be better as N.S.W. will be even if they don't have Gallen.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.