State of Origin - Game II - Post Match Discussion

Oh and I'd pick Grant for Fifita in game 3 if I was them also.

FiFita went alright. I wouldn't be replacing him.

I'd look at pissing Watmong off out of any of them. His defence was craptacular......

I've been to about a dozen Origins now and that one was by far the loudest crowd I've seen.

My standout moment was the southern end crowd absolutely giving it to Greg Bird when he got subbed in the first half. As he was walking off, all he could do was rub his neck at the crowd as if to say,"rednecks". Just goes to show how much the crowd can get inside a players head.

Oh and I'd pick Grant for Fifita in game 3 if I was them also.

Fifita was NSW's best forward last night. No way do you replace him. If you need to get grant in the team, Woods has to go. Played something like 24 mins. Hes a great prop in NRL, but hes too big and slow for origin.

I think NSW need to drop reynolds if they only plan on using him as a hooker. Farah should play the 80. They looked so much worse with reynolds on instead of him.

J morris is overrated and i cant figure out why NSW havent picked idris this year. Hes in career best form.

My changes for NSW would be
Woods -> Grant / Tamou
Reynolds -> Sutton
J Morris -> Idris

He was one of our best game 1, one bad game doesn't mean he should be dropped.

You still jelly he made that defence look ordinarily in game 1?

He was good in game 1, but nothing spectacular IMO. I didn't suggest he be dropped either. I'm just saying there may have been a much better option at centre if Hopoate was there.

Fifita was NSW's best forward last night. No way do you replace him. If you need to get grant in the team, Woods has to go. Played something like 24 mins. Hes a great prop in NRL, but hes too big and slow for origin.

I think NSW need to drop reynolds if they only plan on using him as a hooker. Farah should play the 80. They looked so much worse with reynolds on instead of him.

J morris is overrated and i cant figure out why NSW havent picked idris this year. Hes in career best form.

My changes for NSW would be
Woods -> Grant / Tamou
Reynolds -> Sutton
J Morris -> Idris

I'm probably being harsh on him but I don't think he was their best. Made some good runs but wasn't anything too flash. You're right though, Grant should come in for someone else.

If a Queenslander had hit someone the way Merrin hit Tate, we'd never hear the end of it. Tate was looking at the ground, ready to pick up the ball and Merrin clocks him in the face. Absolute fucking coward.

I also thought Slater's little elbow was a reaction Pearce coming in with a swinging arm when Slater was on the ground. Did anyone else spot that or am I imagining it?

Would defo be bringing Hannant in for DCE in game three. Everyone was boss though, it was a real team effort.

Parker, Scott and Myles were huge for us in terms of gaining field position.

If a Queenslander had hit someone the way Merrin hit Tate, we'd never hear the end of it. Tate was looking at the ground, ready to pick up the ball and Merrin clocks him in the face. Absolute ****ing coward.

I also thought Slater's little elbow was a reaction Pearce coming in with a swinging arm when Slater was on the ground. Did anyone else spot that or am I imagining it?

Would defo be bringing Hannant in for DCE in game three. Everyone was boss though, it was a real team effort.

Parker, Scott and Myles were huge for us in terms of gaining field position.

Yeah, I'm still not sure about DCE. I think Mal will likely stick with the same team though.

The first penalty was definitely against Gallen for holding, few people seem to remember that.

Apparently it was all triggered by Slaters elbow on Pearce.

That's Daley's half witted diversion.

Was Slater involved in the Gallen/Tate incident? No.

Yeah, I'm still not sure about DCE. I think Mal will likely stick with the same team though.

I reckon DCE only got time because we were 14 points in front.

You'd think his rotation at 30 minutes for Parker would normally be for Papalli.

In a tighter game, what right minded coach would have a third half in the defensive line?

That said, I think DCE's value to cover the halves/backs is greater than Barba's value to fluke a try around the ruck.

DCE lacks the physicality of Hunt and Cronk. He did pretty well considering he's probably protected by Watmough and Glenn Stewart at the Eagles

Parker, Scott and Myles did the work for us though - would be nice to have Hannant's size but we've got Te'o and Papalli who are both 2nd position prop forwards.

You know just before the fight started I was thinking that it was the best reffed game of rugby I've ever seen. One error from the refs with a strip but otherwise it was really good. Obviously once the fight started the video ref (I thought he was responsible for the sin binnings maybe not) lost his mind (was he required prior to that?). And from that point on they were desperately trying to even up the penalty count.

Is it just me or was Rabs' call one of the most bias calls in Origin history?

Always mentioned the Maroons dirty tactics but never a peep about the Blues. Gus and him always seemed to be calling from a Blues perspective.

How difficult would it be to have an option for Queensland fans to listen to their own call?

I watch with 104.5 fm on ! I like the bias the other way !

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.