State Of Origin - General Discussion

Would you have said Meninga was a good coach too in 2006? Sometimes timing is everything

I think Meninga and Fittler would be awful NRL coaches too, so that's not really the argument at all.
He could lead them to 30 in a row and I wouldn't think much of it. NRL coaching is nowhere near comparable to SOO coaching.

All you've got to do in origin is pick the right players and motivate them to play well.

NRL coaching you've got to develop players, and have them up for most games, most weeks, and more importantly have them firing at the right end of the season. You've also got to manage a salary cap, recruitment, retention, keeping players happy, none of that very important stuff applies in that arena.

This team is a gutless-half assed attempt by walters again! Keep him away from our nrl side, PLEASE

Kevvie whinging about 'keyboard warriors' is what shits me about the Qld Origin team these days. It's such an entitled attitude.

It's not one way devotion and adulation of the Qld Origin team. You don't produce and fans are going to have an opinion.

If you want to be able to charge hundreds of dollars a ticket and want to hold the Origin team up as having some special status in Queensland then don't have a cry when fans have an opinion about the team's performance.

Give me a spell, Kev.

Buying a ticket doesn't suddenly mean you're a deep thinking well written scribe that should be listened too. I'd say the loudest people have no clue.

Read the comments on QRL stories and tell me again how these people are eloquent.

So apparently Kevvie has said that if DCE and Oates want to be picked next year, they must win this game.

Several players already in the squad dishing out rubbish but Oates and DCE are the ones under pressure..

If what he said is true, then that's a little fucked up.

So apparently Kevvie has said that if DCE and Oates want to be picked next year, they must win this game.

Several players already in the squad dishing out rubbish but Oates and DCE are the ones under pressure..

If what he said is true, then that's a little fucked up.

I think Cherry Evans is in a no win situation. If QLD lose, it’ll all be down on him, but if they win, other players will get the credit for the win.

Could QLD lose and DCE have the game of his life?

No, no, no...we have a narrative to uphold.

Last edited:
I have had my doubts about Walters previously and so far this year he has proved everyone of them right, and then some.

A few reasons why I hate the selections made for this game, and the whole series:

1. Rewarding mediocrity
I dont care if we have to select one of the womens origin players, how can wallace get the HONOUR of pulling on the queensland jersey again? What message does this send to players?! “Play shit, go into your shell and show nothing for the jersey and we will still select you because theres nothing better!”

2. This game in particular was a chance to trial young players out. Cooper and Chambers (not as much) have not done enough in their origins to justify loyalty at their age. If boyd, scott and thaiday dont deserve loyalty when they have ACTUALLY proved themselves time and time again at that level then why do they? “But we dont have the depth”-sua, offa, welch, guerra, scott, even thaiday are in better form then cooper. Chambers I can understand in a way because he has shown SOMETHING in past years and the injury to inglis opened the door for him, however i get the feeling walters would have picked him over oates if inglis wasnt injured which would have been almost embarrassing for walters.

3. Hess.... wow, he is over rated....

4. Taylor not in the team... not for the reasons most people are saying but for the opposite. Its obvious he is being “protected” from this series “hes too young/not ready” is another way of saying “hes not good enough to win it for us and if he loses it will scar him”... ehy the fcuk wasnt milford awarded this luxury?! Just like munster debuting with his entire spine and ponga getting 50 minutes to show what he has got milford has been absolutely thrown under the bus by walters both times yet every other young (milford is still young people forget) spine player has been absolutely cushioned into their roles compared to milford who has been thrown to the wolves and told to produce gold...

I hope we dont win this because it will be used to justify the selection of these players while we lose next years series again, setting up a dynasty for nsw as they get the mental edge.

If they want to build for 2019, how come Cooper, Hess, Chambers & Wallace can still find a place with their stupid performance in the team is so absurd to me.

I adored Locky during his footy career & Kevvie (haven't seen him play though) for all the skills and brilliance as players. They seem to be very good during their playing careers than as decision makers selecting a bullshit team. How in the world can you select a forward pack like that? Where's Joffa, Sua (though it's concussion, it still 9 days way & he should be ok by game day don't you think?)

Why would you put Arrow @ 8 instead of 13? McGuire is small yet, he's suited to front row than @ 13. How in the world you still keep Cooper, Hess, Chambers (utter rubbish performance in 2 games in a row) & Wallace in the team?

Most of all, why the **** would you need DCE in the team? Is he tearing down opposition teams every game this season? A big fucking NO.

Kevvie sounded so annoyed during his press conference. Mr.Walters, you are bound to get criticized as long as pick a stupid team like that. No doubt, QLD have injuries & concerns through out the series but, where has your astute planning gone?

In all honesty, QLD selectors needs a massive revamp. It seems like not only the tide has turned for New Shit Wales but all the decision making they did in the last decade is replicating what the current QLD selectors. What happened to loyalty, pick & stick principle? I regret to say this but, you've lost me and I hope we loose this game much worse than Game-1.

It's a lost series anyhow & no one's expecting any miracles. Why wouldn't you throw the young guys in the team & see how they perform?

1. Billy
2. Holmes
3. Munster
4. Feldt
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Papaali/Joffa/Welsh
9. McCollugh
10. McGuire
11. Kaufisi
12. Sua
13. Arrow

14. Ash Taylor
15. Joffa/Welsh/Hipgrave
16. Welsh/Joffa/Hipgrave
17. Oates

Last edited:
Why would you put Arrow @ 8 instead of 13? McGuire is small yet, he's suited to front row than @ 13.

I don't think it'll make a huge difference in this game. McGuire was mostly taking earlier runs in Origin 2, he just needs to keep that up again.

It's a lost series anyhow & no one's expecting any miracles. Why wouldn't you throw the young guys in the team & see how they perform?

1. Billy
2. Holmes
3. Munster
4. Feldt
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Papaali/Joffa/Welsh
9. McCollugh
10. McGuire
11. Kaufisi
12. Sua
13. Arrow

14. Ash Taylor
15. Joffa/Welsh/Hipgrave
16. Welsh/Joffa/Hipgrave
17. Oates
You don't throw young guys in just to see. It is still a rep team and supposedly a stepping stone to the Australian team.

At least you backed up your post by naming your side but, wow, I'm glad you're not a selector.

The way some are going on you would think we got pumped in both games when in fact a few 50/50s went against us in the first game and a lack of patience/belief cost us in the second game.
We were far from perfect but not far off winning either game.

Also can't get my head around people wanting us to lose to punish the selectors for their stupidity ( read not picking the team they wanted).

Put the toys back in the cot.

Last edited:
A few reasons why I hate the selections made for this game, and the whole series:

1. Rewarding mediocrity
I dont care if we have to select one of the womens origin players, how can wallace get the HONOUR of pulling on the queensland jersey again? What message does this send to players?! “Play shit, go into your shell and show nothing for the jersey and we will still select you because theres nothing better!”

2. This game in particular was a chance to trial young players out. Cooper and Chambers (not as much) have not done enough in their origins to justify loyalty at their age. If boyd, scott and thaiday dont deserve loyalty when they have ACTUALLY proved themselves time and time again at that level then why do they? “But we dont have the depth”-sua, offa, welch, guerra, scott, even thaiday are in better form then cooper. Chambers I can understand in a way because he has shown SOMETHING in past years and the injury to inglis opened the door for him, however i get the feeling walters would have picked him over oates if inglis wasnt injured which would have been almost embarrassing for walters.

3. Hess.... wow, he is over rated....

4. Taylor not in the team... not for the reasons most people are saying but for the opposite. Its obvious he is being “protected” from this series “hes too young/not ready” is another way of saying “hes not good enough to win it for us and if he loses it will scar him”... ehy the fcuk wasnt milford awarded this luxury?! Just like munster debuting with his entire spine and ponga getting 50 minutes to show what he has got milford has been absolutely thrown under the bus by walters both times yet every other young (milford is still young people forget) spine player has been absolutely cushioned into their roles compared to milford who has been thrown to the wolves and told to produce gold...

I hope we dont win this because it will be used to justify the selection of these players while we lose next years series again, setting up a dynasty for nsw as they get the mental edge.

The selectors get accused of being like nsw though if they chop and change.

If they want to build for 2019, how come Cooper, Hess, Chambers & Wallace can still find a place with their stupid performance in the team is so absurd to me.

I adored Locky during his footy career & Kevvie (haven't seen him play though) for all the skills and brilliance as players. They seem to be very good during their playing careers than as decision makers selecting a bullshit team. How in the world can you select a forward pack like that? Where's Joffa, Sua (though it's concussion, it still 9 days way & he should be ok by game day don't you think?)

Why would you put Arrow @ 8 instead of 13? McGuire is small yet, he's suited to front row than @ 13. How in the world you still keep Cooper, Hess, Chambers (utter rubbish performance in 2 games in a row) & Wallace in the team?

Most of all, why the **** would you need DCE in the team? Is he tearing down opposition teams every game this season? A big fucking NO.

Kevvie sounded so annoyed during his press conference. Mr.Walters, you are bound to get criticized as long as pick a stupid team like that. No doubt, QLD have injuries & concerns through out the series but, where has your astute planning gone?

In all honesty, QLD selectors needs a massive revamp. It seems like not only the tide has turned for New Shit Wales but all the decision making they did in the last decade is replicating what the current QLD selectors. What happened to loyalty, pick & stick principle? I regret to say this but, you've lost me and I hope we loose this game much worse than Game-1.

1. Billy
2. Holmes
3. Munster
4. Feldt
5. Gagai
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Papaali/Joffa/Welsh
9. McCollugh
10. McGuire
11. Kaufisi
12. Sua
13. Arrow

14. Ash Taylor
15. Joffa/Welsh/Hipgrave
16. Welsh/Joffa/Hipgrave
17. Oates

No Hunt.

Hunt didn't take his chance at halfback and made some big errors. Not sure he left Walters with much of a choice.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • MrRobot
  • Bish
  • Brocko
  • teampjta
  • NSW stables
  • Johnny92
  • sooticus
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • kiwibronco
  • broncomax
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Spoon
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.