State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Anyone else getting the feeling the Maroons are gonna be belting anything in blue even more than usual? This game has a lot of quiet vengeance bubbling away. This game is gonna be something special it just has that feeling about it.

As long as nate remembers to land on a player in a blue jersey this time lol

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It is stupid. If you are going to pick him let him play. If you aren't happy with how he plays at NRL level don't pick him for Origin.

It's Origin, it's the absolute last place you'd want him to have free reign. And I do think he'd be a better player if he just concentrated more on running the ball. It's like Milford, use your far and away best attribute.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but the U18 match will be live streamed on the QRL website before the origin game

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Gillmeister said on Seven news that he spoke to the Queensland medical staff just before and they're confident of DCE being fine, he ran today and pulled up alright, as long as he's not sore tomorrow and gets through tomorrows session, he's ready to roll.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but the U18 match will be live streamed on the QRL website before the origin game

Queensland are going to get spanked but hey maybe Lindsay Collins will steamroll somebody and Jayden will do something cool.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Queensland are going to get spanked but hey maybe Lindsay Collins will steamroll somebody and Jayden will do something cool.

Looks like Jayden is still out with injury.

QUEENSLAND UNDER 18s
1. Adrian Henley (Norths Devils)
2. Riva Pati (Brisbane Broncos/Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
3. Elijah Alick (Brisbane Broncos/Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
4. Junior Taefu (Brisbane Broncos/Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
5. Gideon Mosby-Gela (NQ Cowboys/Townsville Stingers)
6. Lachlan Lewis (Canberra Raiders)
7. Cooper Bambling (NQ Cowboys/Townsville Stingers)
8. Lindsay Collins (Brisbane Broncos/Norths Devils)
9. Jake Turpin (Melbourne Storm)
10. George Fai (Brisbane Broncos/Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
11. Regan Grieve (NQ Cowboys/Townsville Stingers)
12. Coen Hess (NQ Cowboys/Townsville Stingers)
13. Kieran Duffin (Brisbane Broncos/Norths Devils)
14. Ross Bella (NQ Cowboys/Mackay Cutters)
15. Samuelu Lavea (Brisbane Broncos/Ipswich Jets)
16. Charlie Galo (Melbourne Storm)
17. Keegan Hipgrave (Brisbane Broncos/Gold Coast Green)
18. Joseph Burchell (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
Coach: Anthony Seibold

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Gillmeister said on Seven news that he spoke to the Queensland medical staff just before and they're confident of DCE being fine, he ran today and pulled up alright, as long as he's not sore tomorrow and gets through tomorrows session, he's ready to roll.

Ask my ex girlfriend what fine means and you'll know exactly how I feel about this..

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
tumblr_mgp27v2XpW1rvber3o1_500.gif

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
If anyone starts this game less then 90 percent fit they will be quickly found out. NSW are desperate to win this and they have the personel to inflict an injury on an existing injury very effectively . It must be hard and confidence sapping for Hunt not to know if he iwill be starting halfback until the game day. I do trust Mal ' s judgement though.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Won't the plan be simple ?...... tackle DCE around the legs and make it count. I may well be wrong and will be the first to put my hand up if so but in a must win situation why would you pick a player who must be less than 100% fit and who has not practiced in weeks ? I understand how good he is but picking him because he's brilliant when totally fit is fraught with danger. I'd want to see him getting tackled and leaping straight back up before I'd pick him.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Fucking hilarious. Tate is now a "hypocrite" for voicing his concern about the lifting tackle. Why? Because of the "punch" he threw at Bird a few years ago. Yes, that one. To make it better, in the video wrap of it, they have Bird with a closed-up black eye... but it's not even on the same side of the head that Tate "punched". What a bunch of tossers.

State of Origin: NSW forward Greg Bird takes aim at ?hypocrite? Brent Tate | News.com.au

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
****ing hilarious. Tate is now a "hypocrite" for voicing his concern about the lifting tackle. Why? Because of the "punch" he threw at Bird a few years ago. Yes, that one. To make it better, in the video wrap of it, they have Bird with a closed-up black eye... but it's not even on the same side of the head that Tate "punched". What a bunch of tossers.

State of Origin: NSW forward Greg Bird takes aim at ?hypocrite? Brent Tate | News.com.au

Don't we know by now that it's always ok for nsw to say and do whatever they want, and that it's NOT ok the second qld do the same thing?
I'm looking forward to tomorrow but I have a bad bad feeling about the refs. Is it Hayne again?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Fucking hilarious. Tate is now a "hypocrite" for voicing his concern about the lifting tackle. Why? Because of the "punch" he threw at Bird a few years ago. Yes, that one. To make it better, in the video wrap of it, they have Bird with a closed-up black eye... but it's not even on the same side of the head that Tate "punched". What a bunch of tossers.

All the garbage and gloating coming out of the NSW media is making me all the more confident. The boys are bound to be fired up from reading and hearing the absolute dribble coming out from the Blues camp; seeing them waltz around with their chests puffed like they're the ones with eight straight under their belt will only fuel that fire.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Just go with Hunt. At the very least he's a strong defender, he's got no niggling injuries and has trained with the squad for the week.

Thurston will be the flair and is responsible for distribution to Inglis.

Hunt will be playing down a familiar right edge with Hodges, Thaiday and Gillett.

DCE - I'd be willing to take the risk if you were sending in an underdone Thurston or Cronk, but DCE has played 3 games off the bench and zero minutes training as halfback.

Hunt fit, the form no. 7 in the comp, prepared and pumped > DCE well underdone carrying an injury into the most brutal origin of the past few seasons.

No brainer for mine.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I agree with starting Hunt. Dce hasn't trained so if he starts, wouldn't we just be in the same mess as game 1? Look what happened when he moved to half back after not training for it, and he's barely trained again, so why wouldn't the same thing happen

And what happens if dce is reinjured and then in the same mess come game 3? Pray for cronk?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.