State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I really liked the comments Gorden Tallis made about Dave Taylor in the paper this morning. Commenting that he has had a free run all through the junior grades and most of his footballing life and hasn't had the need to do the tough stuff which hampers his ability in representative games.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I really liked the comments Gorden Tallis made about Dave Taylor in the paper this morning. Commenting that he has had a free run all through the junior grades and most of his footballing life and hasn't had the need to do the tough stuff which hampers his ability in representative games.

Gotta start somewhere no?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Just saying it again, but the strong rumour is that Hunt will be the starting Halfback. DCE = goooorrrrnnnee.

IMO, DCE will have to be completely busted to not make the team. Eg....

DCE @ 75%

7. DCE
14. Hunt

DCE @ 50%

7. Hunt
14. DCE

Which is wrong IMO. Show faith and make the call on 1 of them and run with a proper bench.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Glad to see all the articles about how Taylor needs to just keep it simple. Don't try to be a halfback, be a forward and he could start to dominate consistently.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I love the backrow of Guerra, Slammin and Razor as they give us three good line and hole runners on the left, right and through the middle with GI and hodges a little wider with impact off the bench in Taylor and Teo to keep it going. NSW will be kidding themselves if they think we are going to be easy to contain. I can see a massive victory for us coming up.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I suppose it must be true about going with DCE if it is remotely possible but for the life of me I cannot understand why. It's not that I don't think that DCE shouldn't be rated above Hunt, he most certainly should. What I have trouble with is the fact that prior to Game 1 DCE did not run the plays or act as the halfback during training/rehearsal other than the most perfunctory of efforts. It simply isn't likely that Mal considered it so likely that Cronk would be seriously injured that he ran DCE through in Cronks place.

If that is the case then when did DCE get to practice combos and moves with his Origin team mates ? It wasn't last season as Cronk was running the show then too. I suppose you could say that his role is already rehearsed but then what's the point of practice ? Hunt has had the benefit of all the sessions available and is now the best candidate for the job. DCE shouldn't come in at the last minute,under prepared and under an injury cloud.

FIT PLAYERS ONLY PLEASE BIG MAL

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I suppose it must be true about going with DCE if it is remotely possible but for the life of me I cannot understand why. It's not that I don't think that DCE shouldn't be rated above Hunt, he most certainly should. What I have trouble with is the fact that prior to Game 1 DCE did not run the plays or act as the halfback during training/rehearsal other than the most perfunctory of efforts. It simply isn't likely that Mal considered it so likely that Cronk would be seriously injured that he ran DCE through in Cronks place.

If that is the case then when did DCE get to practice combos and moves with his Origin team mates ? It wasn't last season as Cronk was running the show then too. I suppose you could say that his role is already rehearsed but then what's the point of practice ? Hunt has had the benefit of all the sessions available and is now the best candidate for the job. DCE shouldn't come in at the last minute,under prepared and under an injury cloud.

Maybe kasiano can be brought in to really finish the job?! Then we guarantee Hunt starts. I want to see Hunt start but I'm betting he won't :( you know how much mal hates changing a team

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

I like them too. Should fire Taylor up. Last time he played Origin, they talked up the impact he'd have and how great he'd be etc etc and he was shit. This time around, people are questioning his selection and the coach himself has come out and said this is his final chance. Taylor will go close to MOTM if used correctly.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Exactly. 1000%

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Glad to see all the articles about how Taylor needs to just keep it simple. Don't try to be a halfback, be a forward and he could start to dominate consistently.

It is stupid. If you are going to pick him let him play. If you aren't happy with how he plays at NRL level don't pick him for Origin.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's not too different to playing Thaiday exclusively on the right fringe or GI in the centres.

It's a different role to what they're used to at club, but a role they can play better than most.

Seriously though, Big Dave better pitch in. If he's there trying grubber kicks I'm going to nerd rage so hard on here.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If he does what he did in 2012 again, his name should be scratched from the list and he should NEVER play Origin again.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Taylor is so fucking lucky to even be in the side, if he plays like a girly man again I'm gonna lose my shit too.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
i get the feeling mal will have anxiety at the last minute and go with cherry evans.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Anyone else getting the feeling the Maroons are gonna be belting anything in blue even more than usual? This game has a lot of quiet vengeance bubbling away. This game is gonna be something special it just has that feeling about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• maddo
  • Robboi_321
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.