State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
****ing hilarious. Tate is now a "hypocrite" for voicing his concern about the lifting tackle. Why? Because of the "punch" he threw at Bird a few years ago. Yes, that one. To make it better, in the video wrap of it, they have Bird with a closed-up black eye... but it's not even on the same side of the head that Tate "punched". What a bunch of tossers.

State of Origin: NSW forward Greg Bird takes aim at ?hypocrite? Brent Tate | News.com.au

Yeah that article was pure rubbish but it's from the courier mail so that's to be expected both the telegraph and the courier both are just as bad as each other. Absolutely hate the shit both papers come out with during Origin time. A simple comment from either camp gets fixed into something to suit the other side.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Jesus christ lol
Chambers cut his leg, he's out, Tonga is back in

I'm sorry, why where Chambers and Tonga allowed to play club this week?

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If DCE is really racing the clock he can't play, hunt must start. If DCE hasn't trained with the team all week he can't play, it's just ludicrous. Didn't they learn anything from game 1? DCE hadn't trained in the halves with the team and he was woeful

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
I hope Hunt plays and has a blinder so Hook wakes up and realises how good he could be with a halves partner that can kick and pass regularly!

I agree that DCE is a great player but look at last game where he didn't train as the 7?
Hunt has been in camp working on combinations all week and if he plays on the right hand side he has players he plays with every week to pass to.

I hope if DCE is named at 7 Hunt is at least at 14 and is given a shot if DCE plays like he did in game 1.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
If DCE plays you have to think Hunt will be on the bench. If DCE pulls out - they can go with a 4 man forward bench with girls blouses Gillett and McQueen as backline backup.

For mine, much stronger side to have a 4 man forward bench. After game 1, mandatory to have forward impact running cover for when Scott comes off, also Thaiday won't last 35 minutes at current match fitness.

You have to think this BS with DCE is just smoke screen to take heat off Hunt.

Either that, or Qld management incompetent / living off the proceeds of having a great team for the past 5-6 years (from about about 2007/8 onwards).

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Training/Captain's run at 3pm.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
If DCE plays you have to think Hunt will be on the bench. If DCE pulls out - they can go with a 4 man forward bench with girls blouses Gillett and McQueen as backline backup.

For mine, much stronger side to have a 4 man forward bench. After game 1, mandatory to have forward impact running cover for when Scott comes off, also Thaiday won't last 35 minutes at current match fitness.

You have to think this BS with DCE is just smoke screen to take heat off Hunt.

Either that, or Qld management incompetent / living off the proceeds of having a great team for the past 5-6 years (from about about 2007/8 onwards).

Considering how much meninga wants a 4 man bench, this hopefully points to Hunt starting

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
BLUES great Brett Kenny believes NSW’s outside backs will carve the Maroons up and end Queensland’s eight-year Origin domination tomorrow night.

Kenny was a member of the first Blues team to win an Origin series in 1985 and can see the glory days about to return.

“They got them out wide in game one and I can see them doing the damage out there again this time,” Kenny says.

“Jarryd Hayne was sensational up in Brisbane and he will be pumped for another big game here in Sydney.

“And I don’t mind the selection of Josh Dugan in the centres . . . he is a player capable of creating havoc with his running game if he gets room to move.

“After winning up there, there is no reason they can’t do the same down here and win the series.”
Well, its all over according to Brett Kenny. (From RLW).

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Loving the ****iness. This NSW team is, of course, the most dominant team in Origin history. It's just that the refs keep screwing them over and Qld keep cheating.

I lolz because nsw genuinely believe that

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Hehe

Attachments

• IMG_175654095612751.jpg
    IMG_175654095612751.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 70
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Jesus christ lol
Chambers cut his leg, he's out, Tonga is back in

I'm sorry, why where Chambers and Tonga allowed to play club this week?

Because picking 23 man squads is unfair to clubs, I guess.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
DCE would be stupid to play injured and risk his career against these NSW thugs. As if they won't target his injury!

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
DCE would be stupid to play injured and risk his career against these NSW thugs. As if they won't target his injury!

Exactly. And surely meninga knows this.
Plus risking a reinjury almost guarantees he won't be there for game 3

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
DCE will play IMO.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, the one thing I'm worried about is all the NSW lowlife players. All 17 of them.

Still, I do hope DCE plays, I wouldn't want a rookie to come into a huge game like this. Play Hunt off the bench (hopefully in place of McQueen)

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Yeah, the one thing I'm worried about is all the NSW lowlife players. All 17 of them.

Still, I do hope DCE plays, I wouldn't want a rookie to come into a huge game like this. Play Hunt off the bench (hopefully in place of McQueen)

Yeah its funny that they lost the only two half decent, least grubby guys in the Morris twins

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014

If they do, take some solace in the fact that it'll screw up Manly's season entirely....

Seriously though, I am concerned about him coming in half cooked (if that much at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.