State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillett bashing is well and truly warranted, the Taylor pass you can single out because it was so retarded I still cant get my head around it.

So what was the penalty Bird got for? Did the refs forget you can strip the ball in a try saving effort?

McQueen, DCE, Taylor, Lillyman, Boyd were useless.

boyd and lillyman did their jobs. taylor is utter shit. i think gillet needs to be a bench player forever. he'd offer much more impact than mcqueen.

Can't believe people are bagging Gillett. He poked his head through the line most hit ups and the error was a strip during a four man tackle.

What happened to Scott?

We had the better of the game for 65minutes then lost our minds. Error after error ffs

DID ANYONE SEE THE HAMMER FIST ON MCQUEEN FROM REYNOLDS, which started the whole scuffle. There was a reason why McQueen would be furious he wouldn't do that for no reason either would thurston. I just don't why mal played dce obviously he's not 100%.
Hunt should of played. they needed Parker(a consistent man up front) cough cough where was Matt Scott while Taylor was being a homo? Worst refereeing ever seriously. Was thaiday a try or no? And if it's knocked out before he regathering it, isn't that a two man strip? Anyway we'll kill it next year no doubt.

With the Thaiday no try, I've seen awarded before.

I don't see how it's a knock on, but unfortunately it's classed as one.

I thought he tried to make an impression but didn't really make an impact, tbh I was more disappointed in Thurston's effort.

thurston's best days are behind him .... watching a re-run from an old series last night confirmed that for me.

Our run had to come to an end eventually but losing like that is pretty shit. Possibly one of the worst origins I've ever witnessed. That fucking Reynolds is easily my most hated player. Such a dirty ****.

Did Matt Scott even play?

McQueen doesn't juggle the ball we win. Thaiday holds it we win. Oh well next year

To those bagging Gillette, he played the full 80 and is clearly not up to it yet. I don't think it's his fault; Matty Scott never came back, he must have been injured, and obviously Tatey was out for half an hr or so as well so our rotation was fucked. Gillette made some very good runs, yeah he had his mistakes but he also bent the line more than a couple of times. He should get another run, less minutes will do him good.

Playing DCE was a mistake. I was nervous about it before the game, and it showed. His injury seemed OK, he threw everything at it, but it was obvious he hadn't trained with the team. I don't know how Benny Hunt would have handled the pressure, but DCE should not have played. I don't think Ben Hunt would have been worse, and think he could have offered more.

Two major calls determined that outcome. Reynolds spoiling DCE's try from an offside position (should have been a penalty try IMO); and Woods touching the ball but NSW still getting the penalty. That is simply unforgivable. In a club game I'd be pissed, but that call LIKELY determined the entire fucking series. Sack those refs on the fucking spot. Abysmal. I want to see the NRL's explanation, and I expect there to be a fucking good one. Thaiday's no try I can probably cop, but then you have Bird's penalty up the other end - losing the ball while attempting to score. Yet NSW get the ball back both times, WTF? I was happy to accept either call for Thaiday, he clearly lost it, and while his hand was on it again before it touched the ground, he didn't have control and it was a fraction of a second. Difficult to give with the on field ref calling no try.

I'm pissed at QLD playing dirty, I don't want to see that. Ever. Still not as grubby as NSW, but still toooooo much of it.

Enjoy one in a row, NSW. I'd feel a bit guilty considering the refs tipped it well in your favour, but whatever. Very evenly matched teams tonight (mind you it still takes QLD to be down a player or two for it to even out..)

hope tate is ok. but if he didn't get injured we might have scored in the corner instead of mcqueen derping it up

Don't you guys pay attention, MATT SCOTT was INJURED in the first half and never returned

boyd and lillyman did their jobs. taylor is utter shit. i think gillet needs to be a bench player forever. he'd offer much more impact than mcqueen.

Gillett rushed in far too many times, atleast 5-6 and only hit his mark once. I'll give you Boyd, he did his job on kick returns, but Lillyman reminded me of Shillington..no matter how much he bulks up he has no damn aggression in his runs.

And we all knew that once Lockyer retire all three Broncos, Qld, Aus weren't gonna do aswell. I know it's been a couple of years since his gone but you throw Lockyer in for dce tonight we've got the game 20-4

for the first time in 8 years, work will be miserable for the first 30 mins tomorrow

Early tip is Milford on the bench for game 3. As disappointing as it is QLD has to lose a series eventually.

Won't lie, I'm ptetty disappointed.

Yes, there were some contentious calls, but at the end of the day, a great team would find a way to eke out the win. We didn't make the most of our chances.

At the end of the day, we got to enjoy an 8 year streak, the likes of which we'll probably never see again. The sun rises tomorrow, and life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • broncotville
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.