State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who was worse tonight on Queenslands side, I could easily name 7 or more people who played horribly. Thurston hasn't really been good in a couple of years, he's really starting to lose his offensive brilliance at this level. Inglis has been invisible the last couple of years, makes one or two good plays a game, far less than you'd expect from someone of his skill level, give us Hayne over him and we're up 2-0.

Well congratulations to nsw. they simply were the better team this year. small part of me actually feels good for them theres some 8 year old kids out there who have never witnessed a state of origin win for them. so must feel good for them.

i think its a great time now to reflect on the amazing last 8 years qld have had. i dont think we will ever see anthying like it again. was a remarkable achievement

Anyone else think Cherry Evans was utterly useless tonight? Hunt should have played.

I thought he tried to make an impression but didn't really make an impact, tbh I was more disappointed in Thurston's effort.

140.jpg

Yeah, what happened to Scott?

Truly disappointing game. Horrible miss at the end by the refs, and some bad calls throughout, but Queensland never looked particularly sharp in attack. They should have put on a couple tries easily, and not been in the position at the end of chasing. Thurston and DCE were both unimpressive. Inglis goes missing out in the centres - when Tate went off they should have moved him to fullback and Slater to the wing, with McQueen to centre. Gillett has never impressed me at this level. Forwards overall were not spectacular.

Empty feeling now. I'd forgotten how much it sucked to lose Origins.

It all fell to shit when Tate went off. Game 1 alllllll over again

the series is gone. I think its time to bring in some new blood for game 3. give Thurston a break and let hunt get some experience. can't let those NSW grubs start a dynasty

Now bring on the peptide show cause notices & the Blues get the series taken off them. :laugh:

Congratulations to NSW. They did a QLD on Queensland. They built pressure, repeat sets etc. We were guilty of the all or nothing play. Disappointing but the best side won.

So what was the penalty Bird got for? Did the refs forget you can strip the ball in a try saving effort?

McQueen, DCE, Taylor, Lillyman, Boyd were useless.

Agree on blooding a few rookies for the future. One thing I noticed, the Maroons seemed like they lost "just another game", stood around in a huddle, talked things out, then went off and congratulated the winning team..No crying on the grass for 15mins hiding their faces from the cameras.

Last edited:
DID ANYONE SEE THE HAMMER FIST ON MCQUEEN FROM REYNOLDS, which started the whole scuffle. There was a reason why McQueen would be furious he wouldn't do that for no reason either would thurston. I just don't why mal played dce obviously he's not 100%.
Hunt should of played. they needed Parker(a consistent man up front) cough cough where was Matt Scott while Taylor was being a homo? Worst refereeing ever seriously. Was thaiday a try or no? And if it's knocked out before he regathering it, isn't that a two man strip? Anyway we'll kill it next year no doubt.

So what was the penalty Bird got for? Did the refs forget you can strip the ball in a try saving effort?

McQueen, DCE, Taylor, Lillyman, Boyd were useless.

I'm pretty sure it was for offside.

Worse thing is I'm going to have to put up with crap from the single nsw supporter at our work, argh.

Scott was injured. Possible fractures cheek bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.