State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We win this game by bashing Hayne, that's the game plan. Hurt him early and hurt there confidence at the same time. Bomb Hayne and hit him hard and let him know that's what's coming all night, he can be rattled easily enough. It's just going to take a precise kicking game and some nicely timed tackles just as he lands, or even slightly before, and he will go missing.

We win this game by bashing Hayne, that's the game plan. Hurt him early and hurt there confidence at the same time. Bomb Hayne and hit him hard and let him know that's what's coming all night, he can be rattled easily enough. It's just going to take a precise kicking game and some nicely timed tackles just as he lands, or even slightly before, and he will go missing.

Bingo. The other positive is that the NSW forwards will get their back up, get extra dirty and give away dumb penalties. If we do end up short with strike power, penalties will be gold.

Lillyman was poor for the Warriors last night.

Hopefully Hannant rips in on Monday then. I think he's a good option. Not especially high impact, but has the size and experience that our cupboard full of young back rowers lack, but still has a big engine.

I know he has a case of the dropsies for the Broncos, but I can't recall him doing the same in Origin?

If Inglis is out, that will be a significant blow to our chances, but I wouldn't give up hope. The dynasty was built on defying the odds and never accepting defeat until the final whistle.

If DCE gets time to prep full time in the halves, I very much like our chances. Him and JT firing together is an unpredictable combination for the Blues to prepare for.

We won in 2006 with Hannay and Wesser in the backs. Though we had a better pack and Lockyer though.

I know! how dare someone have an opinion differing to yours right?

FTR I dont see anything wrong with what that person said. If barba absolutely ripped canberra apart 2012 style tomorrow night his name would come into calculations

Ok, ill humour you. Lets say barba has an unreal game tomorrow. Why the **** would you pick barba after 1 good game compared to milfords consistently great season? Both are rookies at origin level so origin experience isnt a factor. Barba may have more big game experience, but id take someone in superb form over someone who managed to tear through one of the worst nrl teams at the moment.

Its a moot point though. Barba will play like he has all year. Busted, slow and uninterested. Its an insult to the maroons jersey that his name is even being thrown around, and i have no doubt its purely because of the bias on this forum.

Even if Inglis is out (I reckon that he'll play, DCE will definitely play, and I'd back Slater to), our 9, 7 and 6 are still in a different dimension compared to NSW. Thurston alone can, and most probably will, break NSW. I am looking forward to seeing what DCE can do after a full week training at 7.

If we can find a way to shut out Hayne (just get someone like Papalli to absolutely shot him while he prances across the field) then we win comfortably.

I just want someone to wipe the cocky smile off haynes face. Did anyone else see the cowboys eels game? There was a moment where hayne tackled thurston in the in goals, and thurston was trying to get up while hayne just held on to him laughing. Took about 10 seconds for hayne to let him go, and he just had a laugh like "there ya go little guy". Moments later, thurston put in a kick which hayne cleaned up. Thurston came rushing through for the big shot (and missed as he does with every tackle on hayne). Hayne noticed and even while he was being tackled by others, he was looking at thurston and laughing. He needs to be taken down a peg or 2

No way would I even consider Michael Morgan ... the guy has chicken grease all over his hands ...

No way would I even consider Michael Morgan ... the guy has chicken grease all over his hands ...

Better option than barba. And his combo with JT is great. But i agree, his hands let him down a lot

Boyd at fullback if Slater is out.

Tate to centre if Inglis is out, with Chambers to wing.

Only changes i can really see happening if these injured guys are ruled out.

Thaiday will be back too which will be an added bonus. We really missed his impact in game 1.

Inglis will have scans today to see how bad his injury is. He didn't look very happy though. I believe Slater will play so Inglis would've still played in the centres anyway.

Queensland backline I'm expecting

1: Slater
2: Boyd
3: Chambers
4: Hodges
5: Tate
6: Thurston
7: DCE

Alright, if Slater, Inglis & O'Neill are all out, who the **** is our left winger?

1. Boyd
2. ??????
3. Chambers
4. Hodges
5. Tate

Tonga?.. Copley?.. Vidot?..... Nielson? :laugh:

Alright, if Slater, Inglis & O'Neill are all out, who the **** is our left winger?

1. Boyd
2. ??????
3. Chambers
4. Hodges
5. Tate

Tonga?.. Copley?.. Vidot?..... Nielson? :laugh:

I recon they'll put Tate in the left and bring in Copley if he has a good game alongside Hodges tomorrow.

He may be down on form and be injured every second game, but Tonga has been inspirational at left centre for Qld before.

Y
Totally agree with this plan but it must be a planned coordinated assault I would give the job to Teo or Hodges to be the hitter of choice. It would be the icing on the cake if Boofhead Gallen takes offence at the tackle and gives away a penalty. Dave Taylor would also do a good job on Hayne but he seems to be out of favour with the selectors at the moment.NSW did the same thing to Slater last year and it was pretty effective.

Pat Richards would've certainly helped his cause today he played a strong game today. Wouldn't be out of place in a Blues team his experience and goal kicking would be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.