State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter who they pick really if they move Beau Scott to right centre.

Talk of Gagai being named in the squad is a joke surely. He is no good.

Might be biased but surely Copley who has been playing on the wing this year and is better defensively is the better option.

I have no real issues with Gagai as a centre. In fact he was very good yesterday in a beaten side, playing him on the wing out of position would concern me though.

Tate to Centre is the more sensible choice. That's where he plays for his club and has a good combination there with JT. Then you need to pick 2 Wingers I suppose? Gagai is not a Winger. Mal talks about how Gagai is big and strong - Hey Mal, have you seen Dale Copley??

Slater and Inglis out I'd go with:

1. Boyd
2. Chambers (?)
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Copley

It's a tough one. Certainly we lose an enormous amount of strike power.

Gagai biggest weakness is he defense, so maybe wing is not a bad spot for him. Chambers was poor yesterday but the whole storm team was. I love how in the same thread that people are saying gagai and chambers aren't in good enough form for origin selection, we have people calling for barba to be picked lol. It's hilarious

Tate to Centre is the more sensible choice. That's where he plays for his club and has a good combination there with JT. Then you need to pick 2 Wingers I suppose? Gagai is not a Winger. Mal talks about how Gagai is big and strong - Hey Mal, have you seen Dale Copley??

Slater and Inglis out I'd go with:

1. Boyd
2. Chambers (?)
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Copley

It's a tough one. Certainly we lose an enormous amount of strike power.

Gagais is not a winger, true. But neither is Tate and does a commendable job for us

The Maroons usually go with a pick your best 13 and then find a spot for them. It has worked for 8 years, I can't see it not working on this occasion. If Chambers & Gagai are the next two best outside backs then they should be picked. Although I personally don't think that Gagai has done anything more to warrant selection than Copely.

Also if using the form player mentality Milford is one of the form players in the comp despite playing with 16 retards week to week.

For the first time in a long time it's exciting to see who the Maroons pick for this game. Usually it's a copy & paste job. I expect Slater &. Inglis to be named, but will be interesting to see who they have in mind to cover centre & wing.

This. I have that nervous feeling right now.

Might be biased but surely Copley who has been playing on the wing this year and is better defensively is the better option.

Yeah, I'd have Copley ahead of Gagai right now for a spot in Origin however......

I don't understand why none of you are picking Tonga he is having a better season than Chambers or Gagai and we all know he will perform.

....I'd be going for this. Tonga has been in the wilderness for a while now, but he's playing very well for the Eels right now and has been on this stage before. Of the 2 players in doubt, I'm very confident that Slater will play so IMO the only spot that needs filling is Inglis and Tonga would be my choice.

The player that concerns me the most right now is DCE though. I know he says he'll be right but all its going to take (seemingly) is a bump to that area again and we're in strife. What do we do? Carry another hooker in case Smith needs to pop into the halves? Or do we carry a utility option like Hunt?

Interesting point on DCE I reckon they should go for Hunt purely from a versatility value ahead of Friend. Hunt is solid defensively too so could handle that Cronk/DCE lock role Mal has created as well.

Assuming GI is out but Myles and Slater play.

1. Slater/Milford
2. Boyd
3. Tonga
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. JT
7. DCE
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Guerra
16. Te'o
17. Lillyman

We need one more big guy and on form Lillyman is the clear best option averaging good minutes with near 10m a run and defensively he is a bruiser.

Lillyman was very poor defensively against The Rabbitohs. Let in 2 tries that I can remember.

Gagais is not a winger, true. But neither is Tate and does a commendable job for us

I think Tate is a winger. he's a winger and a centre. Gagai is a centre or fullback

Last edited:
The player that concerns me the most right now is DCE though. I know he says he'll be right but all its going to take (seemingly) is a bump to that area again and we're in strife. What do we do? Carry another hooker in case Smith needs to pop into the halves? Or do we carry a utility option like Hunt?

I'd play hurt for $30,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • maximus84
  • The Strapper
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • whykickamoocow
  • Robboi_321
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Smokin' Joe
  • broncsgoat
  • Fishy600
  • The True King
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.