State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannant may well get a gig and I'd be all for it.

Lillyman has that toughness about him, that he'll happily do the toughest of work right from the beginning working the ball out from our own end when we are pinned down there (which will happen).

Interesting point on DCE I reckon they should go for Hunt purely from a versatility value ahead of Friend. Hunt is solid defensively too so could handle that Cronk/DCE lock role Mal has created as well.

Assuming GI is out but Myles and Slater play.

1. Slater/Milford
2. Boyd
3. Tonga
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. JT
7. DCE
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Guerra
16. Te'o
17. Lillyman

We need one more big guy and on form Lillyman is the clear best option averaging good minutes with near 10m a run and defensively he is a bruiser.
Agree with this.
Based of the available players at the moment, I would have Tonga first, Copley second for the centre position; Copley first, Vidot second for the wing position. Only after them would I consider Chambers or Gagai...

Also agree about Hunt ahead of Milford in the utility position, but would give Hannant (if he confirms his better form against the Faders tonight) the last spot on the bench ahead of Lillyman, who was very good at the start of the season, but has faded away of late...

Expecting an extended bench just to cover all the bases.

I wouldn't mind giving Friend a bench spot, get him some experience before he eventually replaces Smith.

Chambers will probably be picked just because he is a Storm player and I think he has the backing of a fair few former QLD players and some of the current players to I imagine.

I'd play hurt for $30,000.

So would I and you can't blame him, money aside, for simply wanting to represent his state. He may not even get injured, but it's something I think we need to prepare for. Prior to his injury scare, I would have had J Friend on the bench as the utility. But now, I'm leaning more towards Hunt. Which worries me because I don't want to throw him in the deep end.

Team announcement delayed to 8 pm

apparently they want to minismise the disruption of the Broncos and Raiders tonight... i'm not sure why

IMO Monday night footy should be off this weekend. Just have a Sunday night game instead and let the Origin teams get picked on Monday.

Willie Tonga set to be called into the Origin team apparently. He does play on the left I guess. Maroons team is becoming a Dads Army.

apparently they want to minismise the disruption of the Broncos and Raiders tonight... i'm not sure why

Like I said earlier, Papa dropped is the most likely. If not that, then maybe one of Milford/Hunt picked as 18th man or something.

Didn't QLD always pick their team in a Tuesday? Is Monday night a new thing for his year?

maybe milford is fullback with hunt the halfback on standby.... why else would they not want to disrupt this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Donald Garner
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Hurrijo
  • Gaz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • kwomo
  • bert_lifts
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.