State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should've re-signed Hunt before 8pm tonight, his self perceived value probably just went up $200k

He needs to play Origin before his value goes up. QLD uses lots of players in extended squads, and this one is especially extended, like our d tonight.

Even Kennedy was 18th man last year (eww).

The chance of Hunt playing Origin are next to none.

DCE is fine, he will be the halfback.

I think you'll find Mal will favor experience for this game and put an extra forward on the bench. Lillyman comes to mind...

Last edited:
Was that just a 22-man squad or did they actually name the 17 (with extended bench)? I know on the news on TV they had the 17, but it was just the same as last game, so I'm thinking that was just an assumption.

@badds76: Official papalii out of origin 2. Three to four weeks with ankle injury

So who is going to take Paul Gallen out late and without the ball :p

If you do it right, it should be someone that's not important. Who else but McQueen.

Papalii has been pretty shite lately so I don't see that as a loss, McQueen doesn't offer a lot in a must win game either.

Hopefully Lillyman comes in now. He's been there before and we need a front rower.

Does anyone know where/if QLD have a fan day in Sydney in the days before origin ?
Missed it last year

Honestly don't think Papalii is a big loss.. this would be my 17 for game 2, assuming other 21 players are all fit.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Lillyman
15. McQueen
16. Te'o
17. Guerra

Will they keep the squad at 22 and get someone in for Papalli or go with 21? I doubt they had cover for Papalli in line. Would be nice to see D. Taylor get a shot now.

Will they keep the squad at 22 and get someone in for Papalli or go with 21? I doubt they had cover for Papalli in line. Would be nice to see D. Taylor get a shot now.

I suspect Papalii was on the outer anyway and this injury means Mal has one less awkward talk to get through.

If Papalli is out, can mal pick someone else who's not in the 22, eg Taylor?

Honestly don't think Papalii is a big loss.. this would be my 17 for game 2, assuming other 21 players are all fit.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Lillyman
15. McQueen
16. Te'o
17. Guerra

Substitute McQueen for Hunt/Milford and suddenly we look very imposing again and NSW become scared.

I would really prefer they do not use Hunt.

I do not think he is ready for Origin. I don't want to risk destroying his confidence if he ***** up.

The same thing happened with Wallace. He was going very well until he stuffed up in Origin. He was never the same after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Locky24
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncsgoat
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.