State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie Tonga set to be called into the Origin team apparently. He does play on the left I guess. Maroons team is becoming a Dads Army.

Tate or Tonga had to be the center to replace GI out of all of the current options. I would have gone with Copley if he played on that side for club (it is is his preferred side I believe), but wouldn't risk him in a now alien side of the field in a crucial defensive position like center (thanks Reed). I'd still go with Copley on one of the wings if needed though.

This is a must win game, we can pick for the future later. Hannant and Tonga are the right choices.

Honestly I think it's the correct call.

Exactly. Blooding a player, in a decider, in NSW......no thanks. As I said earlier, he's been in the wilderness for a while but he's playing good footy and has actually played a part in this streak.

So yeah, Tonga in and Hunt on standby for DCE is what I'm hearing.

So yeah, Tonga in and Hunt on standby for DCE is what I'm hearing.

I think we need to carry Hunt in the utility role anyway. One knock to DCE and we could be back at Game 1.

Naming the team before the end of the round is bloody bullshit in my book. Disrespectful to Lawrence last game. Probably disrespectful to papa (or hannant, mcguire etc) this week?

Lillyman, Hunt, Milford and Tonga the noobies

mcqueen seems to be a mainstay due to his versatility in playing in the forwards and backs. i would have gone for hannant

wrong thead: derp

Good squad, very happy with the cover we have picked and with the extra forward in Lillyman.

While I don't think Hunt is ready for Origin yet, just getting a week of training with Thurston and Smith should be a huge boon for him.

Very good team as always but I doubt they will name the confirmed line-up until the last few days leading up to the game. I heard from Bellamy that Slater is still unlikely to play and with both him and Inglis carrying injuries the Maroons attack is weakened to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • Old Mate
  • Hurrijo
  • Donald Garner
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • kwomo
  • bert_lifts
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.