State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Hayne, we win game 1 by 20. Kill the head and the body dies.

NOTE: I am saying kill literally, not figuratively.

NOTE II: I have never lacked so much confidence going into an origin game than I am right now.

Without Hayne, we win game 1 by 20. Kill the head and the body dies.

NOTE: I am saying kill literally, not figuratively.

NOTE II: I have never lacked so much confidence going into an origin game than I am right now.

Lol I'm sensing / hoping for a couple sin bins this game

Latest news from qrl is Papa is out and won't be replaced

I think Hunt being included is great for his development. It is a reward for improving week in and week out. It will only further his confidence going forward. Milford will also get this boost as well and will be pretty happy to get away from Ricky for a few days anyways.

I'm more confident about this game than Game 1 to be honest. DCE gets his chance, if the left centre position is vacant I'm sure they'll use Tonga (why would he be brought in if they plan on using Chambers?) who has never let us down.

Backs to the wall, series on the line, cocky NSW parading around like the shield is already in their hands. Last time this happened we put in the most dominant first half in recent Origin history and never took our foot off their throat.

I'm more confident about this game than Game 1 to be honest. DCE gets his chance, if the left centre position is vacant I'm sure they'll use Tonga (why would he be brought in if they plan on using Chambers?) who has never let us down.

Backs to the wall, series on the line, cocky NSW parading around like the shield is already in their hands. Last time this happened we put in the most dominant first half in recent Origin history and never took our foot off their throat.

If inglis and slater are out they might go Chambers centre and tonga wing.. think he has filled in there for us before

If inglis and slater are out they might go Chambers centre and tonga wing.. think he has filled in there for us before

I guess I'll answer this by analysing the 22 man squad. Adding Lillyman says they want a prop on the bench - he's been in the 17 before so doesn't need the "experience". So I don't think they'll need a bench utility. Even if they do, I don't see the point in playing Milford as a bench utility, if they want one then Hunt would be the better pick IMO. So Milford is either there for experience, or he's there to cover fullback. There wouldn't be enough spark in a #1-3 combo of Boyd, Tonga & Chambers. Tonga has partnered exceptionally with Boyd before. The weakness of Milford's game is his goal-line defence so it's just a matter of limiting NSW's field position.

We have had nielsen in our team before, so i dont think "spark" is a big factor

We have had nielsen in our team before, so i dont think "spark" is a big factor

Yeah but that was a one-game, one-position stop-gap. We have to do some significant shuffling here unfortunately.

Chambers will do a job if selected. He can run a good line so JT will be able to put him through a few gaps I think.

Backs to the wall, series on the line, ****y NSW parading around like the shield is already in their hands. Last time this happened we put in the most dominant first half in recent Origin history and never took our foot off their throat.

Huh?

I haven't seen any of the Blues players and coaching staff shooting their mouths of and going on as if we have won. Watch the NSW press conference after game 1 and Daley's interview on the sideline they know we need to step up and improve and that the job isn't done and we need to regroup and go again.

The media definitely hasn't supported that idea. I can't read a single article, particularly Sydney based, without a derrogatory qld comment. The 22 man squad being called "theatrical" springs to mind. What do they want from qld selectors, pick no one??

Huh?

I haven't seen any of the Blues players and coaching staff shooting their mouths of and going on as if we have won. Watch the NSW press conference after game 1 and Daley's interview on the sideline they know we need to step up and improve and that the job isn't done and we need to regroup and go again.

The standing ovation that Paul Gallen got on the footy show certainly makes it look like NSW fans believe the job is already done. Or of course they're just satisfied with one win?

Dugan and Hoppa replace the Morris brothers. If GI plays in the centers there will be a few tries down that side of the field.

Dugan and Hoppa replace the Morris brothers. If GI plays in the centers there will be a few tries down that side of the field.

I'm very happy about that news. Like I said in the live game thread, a shocking Sharks team made it very easy for Marshall & Dugan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Locky24
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.