State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we just need Inglis to actually play....and get ball in space or with room to move for once.

Let's hope Slater and GI pull through. Dugan in the centres is a big risk. Scoring three tries against the Sharks isn't the same as marking GI with JT inside him and Boyd outside him.
Assuming we can smash hayne early on, we stand a decent chance

Dugan and Hayne will apparently be rotated at times too? There goes their whole attack.

10402664_10152478855901763_8693918777078571021_n.jpg

That team list, named like that, doesn't scare me in the least TBH. In fact, it's kind of like what a NSW B side would have been from one or two years ago.

I think it's a very good team that is more than capable of winning. I still would've preferred a fulltime centre than Dugan who is only part time, Mansour is unlucky but Hopoate is a great player and will go well.

GO THE BLUES

I would really prefer they do not use Hunt.

I do not think he is ready for Origin. I don't want to risk destroying his confidence if he ***** up.

The same thing happened with Wallace. He was going very well until he stuffed up in Origin. He was never the same after that.

Let's rupture one of your testicles and see how you go after :laugh::laugh:

I agree with the point of your post though. At least he'll be eased into the side like we did with Cronk/Cherry.

Dugan and Hoppa replace the Morris brothers. If GI plays in the centers there will be a few tries down that side of the field.

Salivating at the prospect.

Now we just need Inglis to actually play....and get ball in space or with room to move for once.

This tactic made sense there for a while because players were so worried about Inglis they'd forget the outside man. Hence Boyds try scoring numbers at this level. The issue is, we don't mix it up anymore. At one stage, we'd cut out Inglis and go straight to Boyd a few times and then suddenly give it to GI. We need to bring that back.

On the size of the team list, GMAFB Sydney media. With the number of injuries and injury concerns there were only 2 things we could have done...

a) Name 17-18 players and end up needing to name a further 3-4 players, later in the week, when players haven't recovered in time

or

b) Name what we have, a 22 man squad that covers all the players under an injury cloud. Therefore if they're needed, they're already in camp and already associated with the players/culture.

In case that isn't clear enough, option b is the smartest option, hands down. Not that I would expect them to understand that.

Haha yeah, poor Pete.

In saying that, Super Freak might be referring to the 2009 series where they brought Wallace back and he was shocking in both Games 1 & 2 and never recovered.

The rep arena can destroy players IMO.

I think they might actually start with Scott in the centres and use Dugan off the bench as an attacking player.

Scott has more chance of containing Inglis than Dugan ever would.

I think they might actually start with Scott in the centres and use Dugan off the bench as an attacking player.

Scott has more chance of containing Inglis than Dugan ever would.

If they were going to do that then surely Luke Lewis would be the most appropriate to mark Inglis?

No one is talking about how Fifita is out.

If he plays we were in real trouble, bloke makes a shit ton of metres and has a huge motor.

No one is talking about how Fifita is out.

If he plays we were in real trouble, bloke makes a shit ton of metres and has a huge motor.
Has a bad attitude apparently.

The maroons Facebook page replies are entertaining to read. One person recommened Hala replace Papalii lol.

The maroons Facebook page replies are entertaining to read. One person recommened Hala replace Papalii lol.

Haha, Dave needs to focus on playing more than ten minutes for us first. Baby steps

This tactic made sense there for a while because players were so worried about Inglis they'd forget the outside man. Hence Boyds try scoring numbers at this level. The issue is, we don't mix it up anymore. At one stage, we'd cut out Inglis and go straight to Boyd a few times and then suddenly give it to GI. We need to bring that back.

I think the tactic would make more sense if we had a hole runner on the left. They target Inglis, Thurston puts the 2nd rower into a hole.

Kinda goes out the window with a nuffy like McQueen there though.

I agree with the point of your post though. At least he'll be eased into the side like we did with Cronk/Cherry.

I was actually talking about 2009.

He did well after Origin in 2008. The ruptured testicle had an impact on his game, of course, but he picked it up closer towards the end of the season.

However, in 2009, he was never the same again.

That's what I'm afraid of with Hunt. If they can avoid it, I would prefer they wait until next year to give him some game time. If they have to use him, then I just pray that the same thing doesn't happen to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Gaz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.