State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually talking about 2009.

He did well after Origin in 2008. The ruptured testicle had an impact on his game, of course, but he picked it up closer towards the end of the season.

However, in 2009, he was never the same again.

That's what I'm afraid of with Hunt. If they can avoid it, I would prefer they wait until next year to give him some game time. If they have to use him, then I just pray that the same thing doesn't happen to him.

Yeah same. DCE has apparently been cleared to play so even if Hunt is named in the 17, he'll be coming off the bench and I'd imagine it would only be if we're well on top or there's an injury. I was having nightmares that DCE was going to be ruled out and they were going to throw him in the deep end.

I am ridiculously confident about this game, Inglis and/or Slater play we will smash them. As for a line runner down the left, we have a Guerra and I am hoping he starts.

I am ridiculously confident about this game, Inglis and/or Slater play we will smash them. As for a line runner down the left, we have a Guerra and I am hoping he starts.

He won't, and we'll be needing him to play in the middle anyway (assuming the bench will be him, Gillett, Te'o and Hunt).

What happens if we flog them with all these new guys? Will they all be replaced when the others return?

Courier Mail are saying Lillyman will take the final bench spot.

Courier Mail are saying Lillyman will take the final bench spot.

I bloody hope that is true.

We need another prop!

I know the speed of the game has put more importance on mobility and speed, but there is still room for the workhorse types that do the hard work in the middle of the field. Lillyman is exactly that. It's something we lacked in Game 1.

I don't know why but I feel the same way, we couldn't get the job done with a raft of possession at the end of Game 1 but I just can't see them blowing it twice in a row.

Great teams don't just pack it in after a loss.

Some stats about the past 21 games at ANZ:

NSW 14, avg win margin 13 (this drops to 6 if you only count the wins since the start of the streak)
QLD 6, avg win margin 5 (all wins have come during the streak, QLD lead NSW 6-5 since 2006)

Last edited:
Hopefully the team has a good chance to bunker down with minimal media commitments . Jt and DCE will have to work on their combination. My prediction is that they will win it for us. Very happy to see Lillyman in the mix.Why not bring Taylor into the 22 to replace Pappali?

Hopefully the team has a good chance to bunker down with minimal media commitments . Jt and DCE will have to work on their combination. My prediction is that they will win it for us. Very happy to see Lillyman in the mix.Why not bring Taylor into the 22 to replace Pappali?

I can only assume its because 22 was to cover injury, injury is what has happened, and we have the numbers to replace him

Did I hear correctly that Hoppa has missed the most tackles out of anyone in the NRL?

Did I hear correctly that Hoppa has missed the most tackles out of anyone in the NRL?

You did not hear correctly. He has missed 31 tackles, which is not even close to the most.

This is based on stats sourced from foxsportsstats

Brooks, Luke 60
Kelly, Albert 50
Maloney, James 47
Roberts, Tyrone 45
Gagai, Dane 42
Gillett, Matt 40
Myles, Nate 39
Sandow, Chris 39
Hunt, Ben 38
Glenn, Alex 37
Rochow, Robbie 37
Peats, Nathan 36
Chambers, Will 34
Thurston, Johnathan 34
Carney, Todd 32
Bukuya, Jayson 32
Pearce, Mitchell 32
Carter, Paul 31
Docker, Adam 31
Hopoate, Will 31

I'm not sold on having four forwards on the bench when three of our back line, including our full back and half back, are under serious injury clouds. Mal should just man up and drop a redundant second rower (McQueen), we have too many in the team as it is.

The standing ovation that Paul Gallen got on the footy show certainly makes it look like NSW fans believe the job is already done. Or of course they're just satisfied with one win?

He played a superb game and was one of the best players on the ground he deserves a round of applause for his effort. If a QLD'er turned up after playing a huge game they would've got the same welcoming.

Parker out is a huge blow

Perfect time to blood McGuire, don't bring in an edge back rower like Taylor please.

Perfect time to blood McGuire, don't bring in an edge back rower like Taylor please.

That was my hope but no they have picked Taylor.

How long is Parker out for? Eye socket fracture would be at least 4-6 weeks, wouldn't it?

Where did you hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • mieko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • MaroubraBroncos
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.