State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell! The way some of you are carrying on is shameful. This negative attitude and turning on our team and coach is exactly what we have been laughing at from NSW for years.

Our side ain't ideal, but we have injuries - a spoon full of reality. Taylor has a chance to prove his doubters wrong and I'll happily back him to do so. We all know he has the ability to tear the opposition apart. He probably won't even be in the 17, even though he offers a hell of alot more than McQueen.

I really wonder how many of you actually watch games other than the Broncos... Taylor has been in good form and is a few years on in maturity, Lillyman's form does not warrant the calls many of you have been making.

Pull it together and let's back our coach and team. We ain't dead yet, we just need to harness the spirit of this great state.

We watch the games.

However, QLD do not need second rowers. They need props that will do the hard work when Scott or Myles are off.

Our backrowers did just fine in Game 1. However, we lacked go forward because we had no props on the bench.

Taylor is not what we needed and there are other blokes more deserving of a call up. Such as McGuire and Lawrence.

McGuire also would have been a better choice considering he can play lock also.

Last edited:
Lillyman and Scott can start in the front with Myles and Thaiday in the back row, not sure who would play lock in the run on side (Gillet?). Bring Taylor on as an edge back rower running at Dugan and Hoppa next to Inglis, he's making 150 odd meters a game, so it's not all doom and gloom like some people on here are making it out to be.

I like this. Gillett has been better in defence since being moved to lock. Myles being in the back row cancels out Parker's absence. Lillyman will do a good job as a traditional prop, McGuire is still just giving away too many penalties (though it could be argued his cheap penalties won't be blown in Origin).

Taylor plays right side as does Dugan/Hopoate, no?
Opposite sides of the field.

Taylor has played left side for as long as I can remember. Certainly most of the games I've seen him play this year. Running shoulder-to-shoulder with Inglis will be deadly. In fact, in hindsight, Guerra probably looked a lot better than he should have just by being next to Inglis and the defence therefore having to hold off & give him a bit more room. Taylor in that role will be immense if he remembers to roll up the sleeves first, go for a quick PTB and leave the flash stuff to the adults.

Bloody hell! The way some of you are carrying on is shameful. This negative attitude and turning on our team and coach is exactly what we have been laughing at from NSW for years.

Our side ain't ideal, but we have injuries - a spoon full of reality. Taylor has a chance to prove his doubters wrong and I'll happily back him to do so. We all know he has the ability to tear the opposition apart. He probably won't even be in the 17, even though he offers a hell of alot more than McQueen.

I really wonder how many of you actually watch games other than the Broncos... Taylor has been in good form and is a few years on in maturity, Lillyman's form does not warrant the calls many of you have been making.

Pull it together and let's back our coach and team. We ain't dead yet, we just need to harness the spirit of this great state.

Lillyman and Taylor play different positions. And Mal is trying to make front rowers less and less relevant. As a fan of Rugby League in general, that disgusts me a little, like Griffin using a winger in the halves.

I like this. Gillett has been better in defence since being moved to lock. Myles being in the back row cancels out Parker's absence. Lillyman will do a good job as a traditional prop, McGuire is still just giving away too many penalties (though it could be argued his cheap penalties won't be blown in Origin). \

Gillett doesn't play "lock". He just gets named there.

And if we go with all our middle third runners to start with... who comes on after they go off?

This forum cracks me up.

Slater injured. Put barba in!
Inglis injured. Put Copley in!
Parker injured. Put McGuire in!

There are other QLDers that dont play for the broncos. Taylor has been in superb form and has earnt his spot. McGuire, who i used to be a massive fan of, has too many stupid penalties in him nowadays, highlight by the 2 tackles he got put on report for the other night.

When has he ever actually played lock?

He has played at lock a couple of times in first grade.

He played at lock against Eels a couple of years back.

140 metres, 3 tackle breaks, 35 tackles.

Taylor shouldn't be coming in for a player who plays through the middle until he starts playing there.

Where do the Maroons have their Origin camp these days?

I see they are having a fan day in Longreach but I feel having an Origin camp there would be very beneficial and there would be very little chance of any disruptions there.

Taylor is an excellent choice. McGuire will get his chance but will probably be suspended anyway. Why blood a rookie in a must win game IN SYDNEY when you have a bloke who has been carving up at the Titans and has been there before and knows what to expect? I'm calling it right now, Taylor will have a massive game!! Thaiday and Taylor is a massive one two punch throughout the game against what will be NSW Achilles heel in their right side. They will be packing it at the thought of Slammin, Coal Train and GI smashing into them all night, that could end up being a massive trump card for us!!

Where do the Maroons have their Origin camp these days?

I see they are having a fan day in Longreach but I feel having an Origin camp there would be very beneficial and there would be very little chance of any disruptions there.

Sunshine Coast this year, I think.

As long as it's not the gc / dreamworld..

Taylor is an excellent choice. McGuire will get his chance but will probably be suspended anyway. Why blood a rookie in a must win game IN SYDNEY when you have a bloke who has been carving up at the Titans and has been there before and knows what to expect? I'm calling it right now, Taylor will have a massive game!! Thaiday and Taylor is a massive one two punch throughout the game against what will be NSW Achilles heel in their right side. They will be packing it at the thought of Slammin, Coal Train and GI smashing into them all night, that could end up being a massive trump card for us!!

That's all well and good, assuming we actually get into attacking zone more than a couple of times.

Taylor will be an awesome asset if Mal lets him play wide and doesnt expect him to do the prop runs up the middle.

Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast is where Camp Maroon is.

Taylor is in great form and deserved to be picked. The problem with that selection is we've replaced a middle third forward with a fringe running forward. Leaves us short up front again just like in Origin 1. I guess they probably think Thaiday, Gillett and Guerra can play up the middle.

How crazy is it that Broncos fans want players from the Broncos who are playing really good footy selected for Origin. Never would have guessed that to happen.

Gillett doesn't play "lock". He just gets named there.

And if we go with all our middle third runners to start with... who comes on after they go off?

Pretty sure Gillett has mostly been playing in the middle. The only time he moves to the edges is if Thaiday is off.

Pretty sure Gillett has mostly been playing in the middle. The only time he moves to the edges is if Thaiday is off.

I dunno what games you've been watching, Gillett has been attacking down the edges and Thaiday has been attacking up the middle.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Lillyman
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Myles

14. McQueen
15. Te'o
16. Taylor
17. Guerra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Skyblues87
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.