State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast is where Camp Maroon is.

Taylor is in great form and deserved to be picked. The problem with that selection is we've replaced a middle third forward with a fringe running forward. Leaves us short up front again just like in Origin 1. I guess they probably think Thaiday, Gillett and Guerra can play up the middle.

How crazy is it that Broncos fans want players from the Broncos who are playing really good footy selected for Origin. Never would have guessed that to happen.

Barba's playing really good footy is he?

Taylor plays right side as does Dugan/Hopoate, no?
Opposite sides of the field.

Brain fade mate, still a good option with Hodgo, although QLD never seem to go to that side anymore.

Another brain fade, Myles to lock and start Guerra in the second row. I think Mal will play Scott and Myles in the front row again, although I think Gillet would be better served coming off the bench.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Lillyman
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Myles

14. McQueen
15. Te'o
16. Taylor
17. Guerra

I like that. only problem is it still leaves us with no props on bench. Myles was our best defender in game 1 so it makes sense to give him the lock position, but we really need his metres up the middle as a prop too. Tough decision coming up for mal

We've had a few people suggesting barba shouldve been called up for inglis and slater...

We've had a few people suggesting barba shouldve been called up for inglis and slater...

Not everyone is that delusional. The likes of McGuire and Copley on the other hand have been playing well enough to be suggested for Origin this year. You can't come on a Broncos forum and not expect some bias. You'd pick Morgan at fullback ahead of Barba going on this seasons form.

Not everyone is that delusional. The likes of McGuire and Copley on the other hand have been playing well enough to be suggested for Origin this year. You can't come on a Broncos forum and not expect some bias. You'd pick Morgan at fullback ahead of Barba going on this seasons form.

Yeh i guess i can understand the mcguire and copley ones to a degree (altho neither did their chances any good on monday, despite scoring 2 copley made some huge errors) but the barba one just stuck out to me. Crazy notion

Yeh i guess i can understand the mcguire and copley ones to a degree (altho neither did their chances any good on monday, despite scoring 2 copley made some huge errors) but the barba one just stuck out to me. Crazy notion

Even with Copley's errors he is still better than Chambers. Chambers has been horrible this year.

Chambers form is a reflection of how poor the Storm have been. I'd have liked Copley picked ahead Tonga but Mal likes his experience while I was looking to add new blood to an aging team. Just personal preference.

Can't see anything other than a QLD win now.

Doubt Taylor will play. Lillyman will come onto the bench for Papalii and a utility will be brought in. Gillett will replace Parker in the starting side.

Scott, Smith, Myles, McQueen, Thaiday, Gillett. Interchange: Milford/Hunt, Te'o, Guerra, Lillyman

Then why bring him in? They didn't feel the need to replace Pappa but felt the need to replace Parker. He's playing.

His eye is closed and a huge gash under it, Gillett did it on Monday night.
[MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION].....you know what to do.

Taylor will be an awesome asset if Mal lets him play wide and doesnt expect him to do the prop runs up the middle.

This. As long as they use him right he can be a real asset.

I still feel that McGuire has been hard done by considering his form.

Then why bring him in? They didn't feel the need to replace Pappa but felt the need to replace Parker. He's playing.

Cover other forwards in case of injuries would be my guess. Mal said he doesn't know if he will play yet. If Inglis and Slater play then I don't think they can afford to go in without a utility.

Taylor has been killing it for the Tits, because Cartwright has pretty much allowed him to play as a centre.

Did anyone actually watch the Tits last Saturday?
Taylor had to move inwards to the forwards due to injuries and immediately went back to his old stupidity and doing the stuff that will kill you in Origin!

In Origin, I wouldn't even pick him to replace Inglis at centre, much less as a forward.

Taylor has been killing it for the Tits, because Cartwright has pretty much allowed him to play as a centre.

Did anyone actually watch the Tits last Saturday?
Taylor had to move inwards to the forwards due to injuries and immediately went back to his old stupidity and doing the stuff that will kill you in Origin!

In Origin, I wouldn't even pick him to replace Inglis at centre, much less as a forward.

I agree ... Taylor is also one of the biggest players in the comp, but every time he get asked (or required) to do the hard yards up the middle, he turns into a creampuff. we need a bloke in the origin side, that is not only prepared to do the hard yards through the middle, but relishes it. and i think McGuire is that guy

Does Taylor play left or right side? I seem to recall him scoring his three tries the other week on the left side, but someone said he is a right sider?

As far as promoting rookie fullbacks go, Milford easily ahead of Barba and Morgan. Inglis and Slater easily ahead of Milford though. In the backs, Copley ahead of Chambers as he's a winger too, and Edrick is injured. In the forwards, McGuire>Lillyman>Lawrence>>>yet another 2nd rower.

Taylor normally plays left centre/winger for the Tits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.