State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a must win game and McGuire will probably get suspended anyway, I have no problem with him not being picked. If we lose, play him in game three.

Deadset, I am ashamed of some 'supporters' on here giving up already. I can only hope NSW think it's in the bag already as well. We will win this and keep the streak alive. I am all for the Taylor selection.

Personally I'm not giving up on QLD. I'm disappointed in Mal thinking he can reinvent the game by getting rid of Props.

What's with all this sooking going on. Where the hell is the Qld spirit? This is the stuff that legends are made of. You know, half the squad decimated, a few on the death bed and then BAM we score two tries in the final ten and deflate the cockroaches. Have some faith and let NSW do all the moping and complaining. Let's go. I am ready.

Is Dave Taylor starting or not?

Not likely, but nobody even knows if he's in the 17 yet. Everything I have heard/read today suggests he is in camp to prove to Mal whether he should be chosen in the 17.

He won't start, but he will break your heart, Roosterman. ;)

LOL well I better be praying he doesn't and my prayers have been answered very well so far.

If I was Mal I would rev him up and motivate the crap out if him before the game. He seems to need some big words and the hard hitting truth to fire him up.

It's a must win game and McGuire will probably get suspended anyway, I have no problem with him not being picked. If we lose, play him in game three.

Deadset, I am ashamed of some 'supporters' on here giving up already. I can only hope NSW think it's in the bag already as well. We will win this and keep the streak alive. I am all for the Taylor selection.
I have in no way given up on this series, but the Coal Train has no puff.

What is the problem with calling Dave into the squad? If Mal determines he has changed his attitude and wants this unexpected opportunity, we have a MASSIVE bonus on our bench. If not, he doesn't get picked next week or ever again. It is actually a really good idea.

I have a nauseating feeling this series is going to decided in Sydney but not only through the efforts of the NSW players . I'm thinking the referees have been gotten to psychologically with the media and Daleys ploy to insist that Qld were given some unfair advantage in the last ten or so minutes of game 1.

Of course. Both teams received dodgy decisions but don't let facts get in the way of a good attempt at getting the ref on your side. We'll be far more desperate and intense next week and Sam back is massive for us.

I have a nauseating feeling this series is going to decided in Sydney but not only through the efforts of the NSW players . I'm thinking the referees have been gotten to psychologically with the media and Daleys ploy to insist that Qld were given some unfair advantage in the last ten or so minutes of game 1.

They do the same thing to some degree every year. Whinge Whinge Whinge same old story

What is the problem with calling Dave into the squad? If Mal determines he has changed his attitude and wants this unexpected opportunity, we have a MASSIVE bonus on our bench. If not, he doesn't get picked next week or ever again. It is actually a really good idea.

The problem is that we are losing one of our very few middle third runners, and replacing him with someone who likes playing on the wing. People like the flash stuff, but you need to do the tough work to get into position first.

May as well bring back Darryl Brohman as well.

JT not sounding real confident in having ben hunt in the halves. bit snobby i think

I'm more than likely going to cop flak for this.

I haven't bought into the QLD spirit line lately.

QLD have been dominant because they have had a far better side.

98% of the time, the better team on paper wins. Especially when that team includes players like Lockyer, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Scott, Myles, Parker, Thaiday etc..

Huh?

I haven't seen any of the Blues players and coaching staff shooting their mouths of and going on as if we have won. Watch the NSW press conference after game 1 and Daley's interview on the sideline they know we need to step up and improve and that the job isn't done and we need to regroup and go again.

I dunno, Aaron Woods the fat useless **** coming out saying they're going to give it to Tate seems like mouthing off. Especially for someone who has only every been a passenger at rep level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.