State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was really poor form from JT. If DCE is out and Hunt has to come in it will be a big enough challenge as it is without his halves partner putting **** like this in the media... it was a really stupid thing to say.

I know everyone loves JT but he can be a real ****head at times

He did nothing wrong. He got asked a question and answered it honestly. All he said was it would not be ideal to have a rookie half in a must win Origin. Everyone including Hunt agrees with that.

Did you expect him to lie?

Personally I think that if DCE is out, Mal might run with JT at half and Inglis at 5/8.
Hunt would then revert to a bench utility role.

He did nothing wrong. He got asked a question and answered it honestly. All he said was it would not be ideal to have a rookie half in a must win Origin. Everyone including Hunt agrees with that.

Did you expect him to lie?

I expected him to talk hunt up so that the media won't have a field day with that quote. Everyone knows it isn't ideal.

Personally I think that if DCE is out, Mal might run with JT at half and Inglis at 5/8.
Hunt would then revert to a bench utility role.

There is a chance Inglis won't play either ... His foot is still in a moon boot.

Those comments are fair enough, DCE has been around the side for a couple of years and knows the pressure of origin. I would rather him over Hunt too but if DCE is out, Hunt will surprise a lot of people.

Exactly.

Heard on the radio that DCE, GI and Slater all had a run at training today. Not sure how much running was involved.

if hunt does play half back I hope he isn't instructed to just pass to JT all the time. he should be encouraged to take the line on as he has been at the broncos. his show and go has been carving up

Linebreaks in the NRL turn into half-breaks in Origin, he won't be able to get away with it.

Heard on the radio that DCE, GI and Slater all had a run at training today. Not sure how much running was involved.

DCE was straight running on his own.
GI swam and small bit of running on his own
Slater did ball work with his shoulder strapped.

DCE was straight running on his own.
GI swam and small bit of running on his own
Slater did
ball work with his shoulder strapped.

Yep... Just saw that on Nein news

I'm more than likely going to cop flak for this.

I haven't bought into the QLD spirit line lately.

QLD have been dominant because they have had a far better side.

98% of the time, the better team on paper wins. Especially when that team includes players like Lockyer, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Scott, Myles, Parker, Thaiday etc..

At last I find a Queenslander who thinks all of that QLD spirit and whatever is just a myth.

Im not questioning the pride the Maroons have in their team but to say NSW don't bleed and die for the contest and don't carry tonnes of state pride into battle is just plain nonsense and ridiculous.

At last I find a Queenslander who thinks all of that QLD spirit and whatever is just a myth.

Im not questioning the pride the Maroons have in their team but to say NSW don't bleed and die for the contest and don't carry tonnes of state pride into battle is just plain nonsense and ridiculous.

QLD spirit is just a myth, but you're not denying qld pride?
*scratches head*

I'm should've worded it better.

I should've said that I'm not questioning that the Maroons are passionate about their state but the claim that NSW lack state pride and that we don't get it is just stupid.

True. But everyone's definition of spirit etc will always be different

Good to hear that dce ran for about 2 hours today

I feel like everyone who lives and watches Rugby League in Queensland (either Queenslander or Blue) is more passionate than they are down south.

I'm should've worded it better.

I should've said that I'm not questioning that the Maroons are passionate about their state but the claim that NSW lack state pride and that we don't get it is just stupid.

NSW have spirit, yes they do. NSW have spirit, how 'bout you?

I can understand that it's hard to be passionate about NSW, they are kind of objectively the bad guys of Origin.

I can understand that it's hard to be passionate about NSW, they are kind of objectively the bad guys of Origin.

What I can't really understand is how nsw seem to genuinely think qld are grubs.. I know all footballers can be morons regardless of origin, but their apparent respect for the continually upstanding guys like Thurston seem to go out the window come origin time and he's just another player to stick an elbow in the face to finish a tackle.
But maybe that's their definition of spirit

I just hope that should qld lose, that we lose with all our guys at decent fitness and we're beaten fairly (refs). Pipe dreaming though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.