State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last I find a Queenslander who thinks all of that QLD spirit and whatever is just a myth.

Im not questioning the pride the Maroons have in their team but to say NSW don't bleed and die for the contest and don't carry tonnes of state pride into battle is just plain nonsense and ridiculous.

No it's not ridiculous......because the truth is, NSW don't have any passion or pride in their state. What they have now, or what they think they have, is something they have tried to imitate from QLD

and done extremely poorly.

Tommy and his "cattledog" cry....Puhleease !! :rolleyes:

NSW stick and pick policy .....Mitchell Pearce ....FFS, you don't stick with crap you dumb gronks !!

What NSW call pride......the outside world sees as a pseudo character who is lost in a world of their own make belief.

What NSW really have is fear....fear that they will once again be the laughing stock of RL in Australia. Fear that after 9 long years they still haven't found what it takes to be a winner.

Fear of perpetual failure doesn't equate to pride.

No it's not ridiculous......because the truth is, NSW don't have any passion or pride in their state. What they have now, or what they think they have, is something they have tried to imitate from QLD

and done extremely poorly.

Tommy and his "cattledog" cry....Puhleease !! :rolleyes:

NSW stick and pick policy .....Mitchell Pearce ....FFS, you don't stick with crap you dumb gronks !!

What NSW call pride......the outside world sees as a pseudo character who is lost in a world of their own make belief.

What NSW really have is fear....fear that they will once again be the laughing stock of RL in Australia. Fear that after 9 long years they still haven't found what it takes to be a winner.

Fear of perpetual failure doesn't equate to pride.

Spot on.

GI and slater have told fox they are expecting to play next week

At last I find a Queenslander who thinks all of that QLD spirit and whatever is just a myth.

Im not questioning the pride the Maroons have in their team but to say NSW don't bleed and die for the contest and don't carry tonnes of state pride into battle is just plain nonsense and ridiculous.

You mean like New South Wales players faking injury so they don't have to play because the idea is stupid? Hello Les Boyd.

You mean like Fulton. ""Rugby league's nonevent of the century will be staged in Brisbane next month, a totally useless State of Origin clash between NSW and Queensland. Only the $30,000 gate could make it acceptable to administrators ... No Sydney club could possibly want the match but no doubt it will go ahead. As far as I'm concerned it's strictly a nonevent and will achieve absolutely nothing".

Pride everywhere down south!

Origin is all about Queensland because we supported it from day 1.

True. But everyone's definition of spirit etc will always be different

Good to hear that dce ran for about 2 hours today

Wasn't anywhere near two hours, it was a jog around the outside of the field.

Wasn't anywhere near two hours, it was a jog around the outside of the field.

K. I heard he ran the length of the field up and down for 2 hours. Good old media

You mean like New South Wales players faking injury so they don't have to play because the idea is stupid? Hello Les Boyd.

You mean like Fulton. ""Rugby league's nonevent of the century will be staged in Brisbane next month, a totally useless State of Origin clash between NSW and Queensland. Only the $30,000 gate could make it acceptable to administrators ... No Sydney club could possibly want the match but no doubt it will go ahead. As far as I'm concerned it's strictly a nonevent and will achieve absolutely nothing".

Pride everywhere down south!

Origin is all about Queensland because we supported it from day 1.

I hope your not expecting a reply to this from roosterman, thats not the way it works.

[MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION] I hope your happy now

Willie Tonga has been sent back to Parra so I guess this means GI is likely to start?

I would think so

Dugan at centre is a gamble no doubt but Inglis won't be playing at full fitness and is carrying an injury so that evens it out a bit. Full fitness brings a huge difference to your performance and capability.

My fervent hope is that Qld take fully fit players into Origin 2 and not have 2 or 3 players on one leg. An injured GI is NOT BETTER than a fully fit player in the same position , providing of course that player is the next rung down on the ladder . At the Broncos and in the Origin arena we have made the mistake of using players who were simply too busted to perform well with several needled up and virtually useless 10 minutes in. I know Mals smart enough but I'm apprehensive about having a lot of key personnel coming in underdone. I imagine I'm not the only one.

I expected him to talk hunt up so that the media won't have a field day with that quote. Everyone knows it isn't ideal.

He DID talk him up a bit too

"“I am confident of Benny coming in and doing the job. His kicking game has been great this year,” he said."

So he is confident in Hunt, praises his kicking game, but realistically admits it's not ideal to blood a rookie

He did everything right

If you take offence at the headline (as I do) your beef is with the paper, not JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.