State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? A part of me hopes Hunt plays. Not the Broncos-fanboy part, but the bit that tells me that everyone is looking at him as a step down. In an absolute sense, DCE has more runs on the board than Hunt. But DCE showed that he doesn't play well busted (as he was last game), so it's not a huge loss in terms of game-day ability. But mainly, NSW would be so cocky that a rookie half is playing that they'll feel even more entitled to a win and might be expecting an easy game.

You know what? A part of me hopes Hunt plays. Not the Broncos-fanboy part, but the bit that tells me that everyone is looking at him as a step down. In an absolute sense, DCE has more runs on the board than Hunt. But DCE showed that he doesn't play well busted (as he was last game), so it's not a huge loss in terms of game-day ability. But mainly, NSW would be so ****y that a rookie half is playing that they'll feel even more entitled to a win and might be expecting an easy game.

I agree but I think the victory would be sweeter if dce played at less than 100 percent fitness and qld won. What could they say then

The Blues are expecting DCE to play and I expect him to as well. It would be difficult to win either way.

Normally I'm not a big fan of utilities and didn't even want a player of DCE's class on our bench last year but considering Daly's physical condition I'd be keen to include Hunt on the bench as a precaution. If ever there was a time you needed to contigency plan, this is it.

This is the moment Hook had Hunt conditioned for. All that Mr. Miyagi training which seemed pointless is about to come into fruition here.

Hopefully he actually trains in the halves this time.

Like I wrote earlier, if he's anything less than fully fit, I hope he watches like the rest of us. Hunt will absolutely kill it in Origin. One of the biggest crocks I have ever heard is that Origin is so much a higher level than regular NRL. Bullshit, SOME Origin games have been played at a new level but many of them have the same ferocity and intensity of a true grudge match between top level Nrl sides. I have seen many many games in the Nrl that are easily the equal of many Origin games. In the end no matter what the game is called it is still a rugby league game. Like I said, some Origin games are a level above but most certainly some have been poorer than a regular game.

Hunt will handle it if given the chance, I actually think he will shine and receive numerous wraps.

Definitely, but most of those games have been an opener or a dead rubber Huge.

Expecting him to perform when the series is on the line behind enemy lines is a big call.

Perhaps BP. It's just something I've felt about Hunt, he seems to be made of pretty solid stuff and doesn't seem to fluster easily. I also loved JTs master stroke in the media where he tells Nsw that they need to hit him as he will be running the show and that Hunt is just a ball shoveler. Very clever, he made it appear as though Hunts been put in his place, should he play. If I'm right this was done deliberately to take pressure of Hunt to be a DCE or Cronk ( a dominating play making half ) I doubt JT thought of it that way, he was just instructed to say that he'd be running the show.

Just watching footage of DCE running in camp today.

Looks like he'll be right to go.

This is the moment Hook had Hunt conditioned for. All that Mr. Miyagi training which seemed pointless is about to come into fruition here.

Hook, thy name is Nostradamus

Slater has been cleared to play,

GI and DCE will learn their fates today.

From Courier Mail, paper edition

I reckon Qld are playing mind games. Talking down Hunt, saying blooding a rookie half will be a disaster. While in some ways it is true, they would know for a fact that it would seriously destroy his confidence should he play. That's not what Qld do. So my guess is that it's a ploy - they expect Hunt will have to play and they're just saying what NSW want to hear.

On NSW, anyone else get the sense that they're like the Souths of last year? That the result is pre-determined because it's now or never, they finally have a genuine chance, and all the stars are aligning for the SOO victory that they and they alone deserve more than anyone? All we need now is a fluff feature on TV about one or more of the players. I'm hoping it goes down in flames.

Slater has been cleared to play,

GI and DCE will learn their fates today.

From Courier Mail, paper edition

No training today, opposed session tomorrow then flight to Sydney and captain's run left to go.

even if hunt plays and has a bad game its not qlds go to kick him while he's down unlike those NSW grubs. think back to hodgos shocking debut, if he was playing for the blues he would have been banished from origin

even if hunt plays and has a bad game its not qlds go to kick him while he's down unlike those NSW grubs. think back to hodgos shocking debut, if he was playing for the blues he would have been banished from origin
Qld have no option but to stick tight with their origin choices given they only gave roughly 25% of the NRL stock to choose from. With those numbers it's incredible that Qld wins 1 series let alone 8 in a row.

With those numbers it's incredible that Qld wins 1 series let alone 8 in a row.
Nsw has roughly 75% of stock to choose from so it's incredible nsw can manage to lose 8 series in a row

Last edited:
Nsw has roughly 75% of stock to choose from so it's incredible nsw can manage to lose 8 series in a row
Not quite 75 % when you take out NZ and Eng players, but well over 50%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  • rnabokov
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.