Storm Vs. Broncos Build Up Thread *Spoiler*

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Should play 90 minutes like 2 games have this year.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Coxy said:
Beads: because they actually give a shit about their games. The Broncos are a bunch of heartless mercinaries who care only about their pay cheques and rep selection. Couldn't give a **** about the Broncos jersey.

Guys like Alf should be ashamed of these ****.

Agree. Bunch of greedy young players who haven't worked a day in their lives with their hand out expecting more cash. None of these players truly appreciate how lucky they are.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The Storm were on fire tonight.

I think it could have been the same scoreline against most teams in the comp.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I really doubt that. Most teams actually have pride in their defence.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Coxy said:
If anyone wants to know why I want Origin moved to the end of the season, or to have it played on Sunday nights like it was in 2001....

48-4.

/thread.

You and a few million others.

Makes a mokery of blockbuster matchups like tonights.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
wow, even more pathetic, and the only player who scored a try came from melbourne.
PATHETIC, if I have to watch anything like that again this year I will be very annoyed.

**** origin, make it a stand alone weekend, kthxbai.

T

tryhard

NYC Player
Jan 24, 2009
broncosil said:
Coxy said:
If anyone wants to know why I want Origin moved to the end of the season, or to have it played on Sunday nights like it was in 2001....

48-4.

/thread.

Should be a stand alone game on a Saturday afternoon at around 2-3pm, so no one (or far few) has to worry about work, study, exams, hangovers etc the next day.

I have been behind this stand alone push for years. I know a lot of people wouldn't even watch this game knowing it would be ugly.
Why didn't Henjack get the Origin boys off the field with 15 left on the clock. Risked injury (luckily didn't happen) for nothing. Next week is another game. They shouldn't have been left out there IMO. Useless stand in coach. [icon_thumbs_do

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
**** that. The Origin players didn't put in, leave them out there to cop it. They were senior players and did **** all. Disgraceful.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Peter Wallace - great for the first 3 matches a year, average for the rest of the season.

2008 and 2009 to confirm.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Absolutely dreadful.

Most disappointed in Wallace. He needed to step up with Lockyer out and to try and retain his NSW spot. Instead, he barely touched the ball in the first half.

First half was abysmal, all our runs were just one out.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not going to read this thread because it's going to be full of people bagging my team. Right now I am happy as ever to be a Bronco fan: we got whipped by potenitally the best team in the comp, on their home ground, with key players out, with disrupted preparation after an Origin which was also played interstate. Apparently we're not supposed to make excuses but I don't care, if that list of conditions wasn't true the score would have been very different.

Go the Broncs, whoever we play next week is going to cop it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If all those variables is an excuse for the team to not turn up and play, then fair enough. I expect more than that from my team.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
gUt said:
Not going to read this thread because it's going to be full of people bagging my team. Right now I am happy as ever to be a Bronco fan: we got whipped by potenitally the best team in the comp, on their home ground, with key players out, with disrupted preparation after an Origin which was also played interstate. Apparently we're not supposed to make excuses but I don't care, if that list of conditions wasn't true the score would have been very different.

Go the Broncs, whoever we play next week is going to cop it.

If we got whipped like we did at the end of most of the 2007 season I'd be happy.

In 2007, we lost 40 - 0 or something similar to the Storm, but ALL the players were putting in 120%. Tonight it was barely 50% for most of these players.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We've got the Bulldogs at home gUt..

And I know we weren't at full strength, post-Origin, disrupted preparation and everything but the seventeen seemed to lack any sort of effort or commitment.

T

thegord

Jun 5, 2009
What has really happened to Brisbane's defence, it never use to be like it is now. They use to have a sensational scrambling defence, bit like the Dragons now (common denominator one of the best coaches ever).

Really Brisbane's defence has been pathetic since Henjack took over, and they really dont look a happy team, cant be with the constant loss of players.

Being a Brisbane fan since they came into the competition this was one of the worst performance I can remember, after origin yes, however there was very little pride shown by any of the players. I fear we are in for a long hard road as all is not well with the club. :cry:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree gord. And really we've been shit for weeks but scrambling wins. Bring battle weary bodies into the equation and this is the result.

Unread

Active Now

• Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Stix
  • Volvo Driver
  • ezpz
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Culhwch
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.