Storm Vs. Broncos Build Up Thread *Spoiler*

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
I'll have a real post later on but it seems we really missed some go forward - dare I say Clinton...

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
ddd said:
I'll have a real post later on but it seems we really missed some go forward - dare I say Clinton...

Yeah I would love to know why he was dropped. Probably something stupid like a little late for a training session, when he usually is there on time for every one.

First half was abysmal, all our runs were just one out

We always go back to one out when things go bad. Problem is is that it hasn't worked for 10 years now.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well lets just say if the Broncos play worse than what they did last night this season they are in some big big trouoble. Fair enough we were missing our best two players but that does not mean the forwards can not show some balls and harden up against a dominant storm pack. Also what is the go with our defence it has been a problem all year but last night it looked worse than ever. I am not sure of the missed tackle count but with 15mins to go it was 32 - 6 to the Broncos..

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
We had 61 missed tackles according to the NRL site. And every single player missed at least one. The worst was Te'o (7), followed by Folau and Wallace at 6 each. McCullogh, Kenny and Thaiday missed 5 each.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Nashy said:
rissi_gurl said:
So crap my diasbled brother who i take to games will always come home and watch the replay turned it off and went to bed....
They just DID NOT TRY!!!
And I agree that weve probably won some games this year that we shouldnt have...
We need a better coach, and a serious additude adjustment if were to get anything but a repeat of tonights flogging against the dogs!
In all of our loses our defence has not been good enough...infact its just embarrasing!

You're calling for a new coach already? Jesus.

Our defence hasnt been there all year, where half way through the season and where still doing the same things wrong... yeah we can dazzel in attack when we want but is that off the back of Ivan's great coaching, or the ifluence of his assistant coaches or is it just because of the amount of talent in our backline?
To me hes just doesnt seem like a complete coach, how many assistant coaches does he need? or is it just a case of to many chiefs not enough indians?
Im not saying he should be sacked mid season...maybe he just needs to be a better coach.
For some reason they dont look like a team that is playing for their coach... to me he seems like a pretty intense and passionate guy, and i think that he gives them a massive spray when they stuff up, in fact he probably has some really great ideas on how he wants this broncos outfit to play... but if he cant get the respect he deserves, and the team repeat the additude displayed last night, ivan is gone!

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
ddd said:

Oh yeah, we were hardly making any metres in the first half. 30-40m usually, you just can't win a game like that.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Complete coach? He has had half a season of first grade FFS! We are in the top 8 comfortably and we played Melbourne in Melbourne with nearly double the players backing up and our leader and gun centre out injured, sure the effort was down but it is the first time this year I can say the team hasn't looked at all motivated.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Not too much to worry about considering we were missing 3 of our best players but that was still very disappointing. What Hammo texted me was spot on - they looked like they conceded this match before they laced on a boot. From our first set of 6 you could see the one-out stuff which we haven't seen for a few years now.

Taylor can go to Souths now.

Setu has been disappointing this season. The hit he put on was top shelf, but he's shown nothing of the form that we saw from him at the Dragons last year.

McCullough at this point in time is not ready to be our starting hooker. I know we had no choice tonight with Lockyer out, but Marsh needs to start and Macca off the bench.

Thought Yow Yeh did some OK runs.

Geez I hope Clinton doesn't get injured or faces disciplinary action again. We really really missed him last night, maybe even moreso than Lockyer. We can only win the Premiership if he is playing. I am a fan of Ashton Sims and he definately deserves his spot in the team but he struggled as the leading front rower alongside Kenny. I know Taylor started in the front row and Sims in the back row, but Taylor's crapness left the front row work for Sims.

Anyhow, hopefully back to full strength next week v Bulldogs, minus Hodges. Hopefully we can see - 1. Hunt 2. Winterstein 3. Michaels 4. Folau 5. Yow Yeh 6. Lockyer 7. Wallace 8. Kenny 9. Marsh 10. Clinton 11. Thaiday 12. Teo 13. Parker BENCH 14. McCullough 15. Glenn 15. Sims 17. McGuire

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yes complacency was rife last night and yeah even if they had a better attitude we may not of won but losses like last night hurt. Why can the Broncos never destroy a side like we were destroyed last night. Also agree onTaylor pissing of now. McGuire was good last night made some very nice runs IMO.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Gymp your right about it being the first time they looked unmotivated, yes we were seriously disadvantaged last night, i didnt expect them to win that... but it isnt the first time they've played badly... a loss says more about a
team then a win, and even in some of our wins it looked like we got a little lucky...
Ivan has been with us for 15 seasons, in some capacity, so hes got alot of experience... he's said more times than not in press conferences this year that he hasnt been happy with areas of our game... but noting changes

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Jesus was an awful night that was. I'd never leave a game early but it was quite clear they put up the white flag early on. Difficult to watch. Too many hands on hips and nobody put their hand up to stop the rot. Kenny was probably our best and Wallace ok in patches but the rest of them pretty ordinary.

The GF and I actually spotted the team on their morning walk yesterday and I thought they looked a little too relaxed. And so it proved to be.

Oh and just to confirm for anyone who hasn't been there - Olympic Park is an absolute shit hole. We were cold, cramped and got crapped on not just by the Storm but their supporters also. They have some very insecure fans. We walked out and copped a barrage of abuse on the way back to Richmond...

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Was always going to be a woeful performance. Not only did the Broncs have their "it's 2 days after Origin" excuse, they had the time honoured, "Lockyer isn't playing" one too.

It was terrible. Wallace showed some signs of having a go but mostly just one off hit ups, kick to Slater, get smashed, repeat. I would have thought at 30-0 they had nothing to lose and would chance their arm. They didn't and that was really disappointing.

Wish this game would have been before the finals.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think there's something major happening with Clinton too. Henjak said "they'd assess" whether he played again next week.

Maybe that has an impact on the mentality too?

If this is another off field incident involving alcohol and shit then I'm really concerned about the culture in our club. I don't know how you fix it though.

Maybe we need a captain who isn't a booze head? Just putting it out there.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
stop picking on Lockyer COXY.. He is entitled to a few drinks and a line every now and then,

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Also, I think that game highlights how little the Broncs have nutured a new playmaker. If Hunt leaves, we are so far from fucked were gonna need a bus to get back there.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
stop picking on Lockyer COXY.. He is entitled to a few drinks and a line every now and then,

A few. Yes. Maybe 3.

I guarantee you there's either a digit preceding or following the 3 whenever Locky gets on it.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Im gonna jump on the bandwagon Coxy and put it out there, if you heard rumours about our season launch I can 100% tell you that the player in question was Clinton

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bill Clinton what was he doing in Brisbane??

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • Midean
  • RodF
  • Alec
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • ezpz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncs30
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.