NEWS Sunday Mail: Fifita still dithering

I think the NRL should get rid of all teams outside of NSW. They have ruined what was a perfectly fine comp. Queensland doesn't bring anything to RL . Johnny come latelies .
I would be ecstatic if they kicked all the non-Sydney teams out of the NRL. Super League Mark 2 could be up and running with all the other teams, maybe Perth, a couple of rebel NSW teams. I would give the NSWRL comp about three years before they either fold or come begging for forgiveness.

It sounds negative this post, but we are going to have a shit fight on our hands to keep him next season. If Latrel has a brain explosion (highly likely) bunnies will punt him.

Storm will also have the cash next season with Smith retiring most likely and who knows what Bromich etc will be on coming to the end of their time.

Last edited:
Here's the latest big scoop from this pair of trolls.

Justin Holbrook, the Titans coach:

“I haven’t heard much about (chasing Fifita), but I’d love to have him,” he said. “I don’t know where that’s at. I’d love to (have him) if he’s available.

“Recruitment is always ongoing, we’ll see how we go.”

Jarrod Wallace from the Titans:

“If you’re going to try and sell our club to anyone now it’s literally about scrapping the last two years. What Justin is trying to do here is build a new culture and a happy culture. A lot of guys weren’t happy in the last two years. That obviously showed on the field. Everyone is loving being here now. Everyone wants to be here and train hard and work hard for each other. It’s exciting for us to see where we can take it. Justin is doing a great job with everyone. He is getting the best out of everyone.

“(Fifita) would be outstanding for us if we can get him down here. He is big, aggressive and fast. I’ve had a bit to do with him in Origin. He is a really good kid with good morals and a good family behind him. He’d be perfect, that’s exactly what we want to bring to this club. Not just on the field he’s good, off the field he is good as well.”

The Souths Sydney story from Dean Ritchie in the Telegraph is pure speculation. There are no quotes in it. No new news. Note bolding:

"The Daily Telegraph understands the Rabbitohs’ succession plan, in which Wayne Bennett will remain head coach until the end of 2021 before assistant Jason Demetriou assumes the top role for the following four years, has enormous appeal for Fifita, who played under both coaches at Brisbane."

McHunt

Last edited:
"David Fifita has decided the club he wants to join.
Everyone thought he was staying at the Broncos. Now David Fifita wants to join a Sydney rival in a move that would turn them into premiership heavyweight."
- Daily Telegraph (40mins ago)

Last edited:
Hooper has him rejecting Souths on Fox Sports and Ritchie had him going there. Only thing in both articles is the bit about Burgess meeting with him late last year and the 5 million 5 years. Why do I continue to click on these fucking articles

Cook: 800k (reported value I believe), Arrow: 750-1mil, Arey: 800k, Walker: 800k, LM: 400k this year but will need to be upgrade , Murray: 700-900k(?). Seems legit that they can offer Fifita that much. This is beyond rorters 2013 levels.

this is a re-hashed story from months ago ... i believe at that point the hadn't signed Arrow or Mitchell

"David Fifita has decided the club he wants to join.
Everyone thought he was staying at the Broncos. Now David Fifita wants to join a Sydney rival in a move that would turn them into premiership heavyweight."
- Daily Telegraph (40mins ago)
$1M a year for 5 yrs is a lot of money for anyone let alone a 19yr old from a struggling family. Throw in a home for Mum and Dad and you couldn’t blame him / them.
If this is correct the ball is now in the Broncos court, or has it been there for a while. If they **** this up there is no excuse they've had every opportunity.

lol exactly what appeal does Demetriou hold? He is literally just following Wayne around waiting for him to retire.
A chance to live in Sydney under the reign of the great man and on a bigger income sounds much too good to be true. Otherwise, he'd be crazy to knock it back. I'm tipping Fafita to be a Bronco in 2021.

$1M a year for 5 yrs is a lot of money for anyone let alone a 19yr old from a struggling family. Throw in a home for Mum and Dad and you couldn’t blame him / them.
If this is correct the ball is now in the Broncos court, or has it been there for a while. If they **** this up there is no excuse they've had every opportunity.

the simple fact is that if money is the major consideration, then he is gone.

the Broncos management have reportedly offered him somewhere in the vicinity of 700-800k. not raising the offer to $1 million is not fucking things up by our recruitment team. we've retained nearly all of the players we wanted and gotten a valuable piece of the puzzle, that we've been missing for years (Croft).

just remember, their is a salary cap

Didn’t read the article. Who’s offer a mill a season now?
[automerge]1582535534[/automerge]
@Smokin' Joe any updates?

Last edited:
the simple fact is that if money is the major consideration, then he is gone.

the Broncos management have reportedly offered him somewhere in the vicinity of 700-800k. not raising the offer to $1 million is not fucking things up by our recruitment team. we've retained nearly all of the players we wanted and gotten a valuable piece of the puzzle, that we've been missing for years (Croft).

just remember, their is a salary cap
Fucking things up and our recruitment team have a history of going togeather hand in hand.
Players still on our books that are not entitled to be are evidence of the fact.
Nearly retaining all of the players we wanted is no excuse for missing out on a once in a decade player like David. Particularly if there is only a couple of hundred grand in it. But I have to agree if it’s all about money he’s gone and so be it. By the way, salary cap is there for those who don't know how to get around it. We invented that remember, did we forget.

I may be in the minority here, but Haas is the closest thing we have to once-in-a-generation. If we lose Fifita, so be it. If I were the Broncos, I wouldn't up the offer one cent. I'd tell him that any more money would jeapordise the ability to recruit talent to play around him. And if it's all about the money, he's not a good fit for the club.

I may be in the minority here, but Haas is the closest thing we have to once-in-a-generation. If we lose Fifita, so be it. If I were the Broncos, I wouldn't up the offer one cent. I'd tell him that any more money would jeapordise the ability to recruit talent to play around him. And if it's all about the money, he's not a good fit for the club.

This.

Fucking things up and our recruitment team have a history of going togeather hand in hand.
Players still on our books that are not entitled to be are evidence of the fact.
Nearly retaining all of the players we wanted is no excuse for missing out on a once in a decade player like David. Particularly if there is only a couple of hundred grand in it. But I have to agree if it’s all about money he’s gone and so be it. By the way, salary cap is there for those who don't know how to get around it. We invented that remember, did we forget.

Dave is a good player, he may even be great only time will tell ... i don't think he is a once in a decade player though ...

and TBF, he hasn't actually put in a full quality season in the NRL yet. he debuted about halfway through 2018, and when he made everyone take notice ... then in 2019 he started slowly and it wasn't until after origin that he put in consistent strong performances.

getting into a bidding war is exactly how you **** your cap. if we need to lose more important players because we paid too much for Fifita, well that would be the definition of fucking up.

a recruiting strategy of "Ok Dave, we'll write the 1 and you tell us when there are enough zeros on your pay cheque" is a very bad idea and will only lead to trouble down the track

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • The Don
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • ezpz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • RodF
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.